PDA

View Full Version : Curb Side Pick-Up

MICHPLOWER
10-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi guys, I am rather new to the fall clean-up I have a customer that wants a price for just curbside pick up for a acre property with around 15 maple and oak trees. only problem is all the leaves are still on his yard so its pretty hard to see how much leaves are there to bid correctly. I was wondering if you guys could throw me some estimated quest so I don't under bid and don't over bid.
Thanks in advance for any help or input.

MICHPLOWER

stan the man
10-31-2010, 12:43 PM
i have flat rate 100.00 curbside pickup. not saying a 100.00 total. if i had account come to me for amount. i would say get them in a pile then i can give amount or throw amount to him. hope it right picture would be great.

mowZ06
10-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Depends on how you plan on getting them to the curb. How long will it take you ? Bagging unit on a mower or blowing them ? I have an ultra vac set up on my lazer that really holds a lot of leaves and you can dump them while sitting on the mower right at the curb. An acre is a pretty good size job. Need a picture for sure.

AA+ landscaping
10-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Be careful some townships will not let lawn companys put leafs on street to be picked up. You can be fined.

NarNar
11-01-2010, 01:50 AM
I charge $150.00 to fill up my trailer (they load), $175.00 if I have to load. This is per run! Let them know up front and don't worry about bidding. If they are cheap (lets hope so), they will have someone their to load, all you do is drive to the disposal site and dump. BAM... thank you MAM.

MICHPLOWER
11-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks every body for the help and input

NarNar
11-01-2010, 11:45 PM
No problem, good luck.

godzilla
11-01-2010, 11:58 PM
I charge a per truckload fee, so if it's 1 truckload, it's $A 2 truckloads is $Ax2 Minimum charge is $1/2A

NarNar
11-02-2010, 12:07 AM
I charge a per truckload fee, so if it's 1 truckload, it's $A 2 truckloads is $Ax2 Minimum charge is $1/2A

Do you give discounts if they need more then 1 truck load. I don't give discounts but I was wondering if I did, will I generate more business.

Let me know.

godzilla
11-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Do you give discounts if they need more then 1 truck load. I don't give discounts but I was wondering if I did, will I generate more business.

Let me know.

Why should I? Still costs the same to dump each load, and still have to do the same amount of work and driving. What's different? Might have to fight the second or third load, when the first went in QUICK.

STIHL GUY
11-02-2010, 08:29 PM
i would do an hourly rate and give the customer a maximum #of hours it would take so they know it wont be more than xxx amount

NarNar
11-03-2010, 01:12 AM
i would do an hourly rate and give the customer a maximum #of hours it would take so they know it wont be more than xxx amount

I find when I give hourly rate, customers say you charge that much... to do... Customers don't realize how much the equipment cost, or the time involved, before and after the pick up. All they see is we drive up, we pick up, and we drive away.

Have you ran across customers complaining about the rate? If so can you share how you diffuse the situation?