PDA

View Full Version : Red Zone taken off market?

khutch
10-31-2010, 02:31 PM
A Lesco guy told me Redzone was taken off the market by the EPA and reformulated - He said the problem was it was burning bermuda turf bad. I can't find any thing on Lawnsite or Google about it...
Is this just talk or does someone have info about Redzone and warm bermuda?
I think he mentioned Zoysia did OK.....

bug-guy
10-31-2010, 03:16 PM
lesco red zone is No Longer Availble.
i don't know why, it seems speedzone red is still out there

JbirdGA
11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
redzone was a PBI Gordon private label for Lesco. The original Redzone is gone because of an ingredient in the mix. We still have Speedzone Red which you can use and it will perform the same way Redzone did. The new Redzone is much better on cool season turf. I would not reccommend on warm season. Here in Atlanta I have seen some turf injury that you would not have with Speedzone Red

khutch
11-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Then how does PBI or Lesco get the product on the market - The guy I spoke to said it was frying Bermuda....Tests didn't show that? But the last post said it was also tough on Fescue. Still can't get a grip on what the problem was/is....

JbirdGA
11-08-2010, 08:00 AM
the old Redzone did not have any precautions on bermuda. The new redzone does have precautions on warm season turf. They get registered because the label has precautions. People tend to have more problems when the bermuda is under drought stress.

Check out speedzone red it is going to be most consistent with the old Lesco Redzone. I know many people who have switched and have great results