PDA

View Full Version : AOLP conference in Scottsdale, AZ

The Lighting Geek
10-31-2010, 04:39 PM
I am pretty pumped about this year's annual conference. There is going to be a stellar Sales session with Paul Gosselin speaking about networking and social media, and how he has made it work for him. Oscar Welch has a very timely talk about marketing. They both have extraordinary information to share! I will be speaking about branding. Yes, believe it or not, I am going to tell everyone exactly how I managed to become a household name in my local market and how that opened doors to national TV. But you have to be there to experience the 3 of us.

This is only one of the many different sessions available to you at this year's AOLP Conference. I have been hearing rumors they have big plans at this conference to make this the best experience possible.

I am going to be there and you should too. Scottsdale will never be the same...LOL

Who's going to be there? Chime in!

niteliters
10-31-2010, 06:54 PM
you know I will be there Tommy, I think the conference committee is close to having the rest of the schedule ready to put up on the website and post here as well. Last years conference was very helpful to our business and am impressed with what I have heard so far about this year. It's the perfect time of year to have this time of instruction and networking to kick of the new season.

RLI Electric
10-31-2010, 09:24 PM
I am planning on going. This will be my first time to the conference and Arizona for that matter so I am excited for both.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-31-2010, 09:38 PM
I am planning on going. Just awaiting the final conference program before deciding if I will go alone or bring along my lead hand.

niteliters
11-01-2010, 11:44 AM
James, hope you find it worth it to bring him. My boss is sending 2 more of our men this year to take the clvlt test. They will be staying for the conference as well

elegance_alex
11-01-2010, 01:53 PM
We've got a great LED seminar planned - 4 great speakers!

niteliters
11-06-2010, 11:07 AM
when will schedule be released?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Just looking at the expenses associated with attending the conference in Scottsdale this time around. Airfare is just insane, even out of Buffalo. Bottom line it will cost me just a bit under $3000 to attend a 3 day conference. This has me sitting on the fence again and certainly not going to bring along another. As I am not interested in clvlt or cold, it is just another trade show / get together for me.

I know there is some 'natural attraction' for the AOLP to be in Scottsdale, but it really isn't a hub for travel to and from. So many other venues would be so much easier and more affordable. I hope the AOLP Directors take a serious look at this for the future.

AOLP
11-06-2010, 02:20 PM
serious look and action. The conference is moving eat next year. There was an agreement made with the Chaparall a few years ago to come this time that helped the association out financially a few years ago.

RLDesign
11-06-2010, 04:35 PM
serious look and action. The conference is moving eat next year. There was an agreement made with the Chaparall a few years ago to come this time that helped the association out financially a few years ago.

I agree that a hub would be better. I think it is important to have a base related to great lighting designs. I like the lighting of the caves in San Antonio. It made me think about options to provide my services. I will be doing my first wedding design this spring. I would like it if everyone out west had to fly east. We do install lighting on the east coast. I am just kidding. I will be attending conference, but I did not see the value until I attended.

Talk to you all in AZ.

Best regards,

Tanek Hood
Reynolds Lighting Design 609-468-8488 (In case someone wanted to call me about my experience at conference!)

Bob Klaidman
11-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Should I become a sponsor/member of the AOLP and attend the event? Is it too late to sign up? Does the AOLP have too many manufacturers involved already?

Thanks, it sounds like a pretty cool event.

RLDesign
11-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Hello Bob,

I would love to meet you and learn more about SPJ. I had meant to talk with you, but I have been happy with my tools. With that said, my mind and pallette are always open.

See you in AZ.

Best regards,

Tanek
Reynolds Lighting and Irrigation

nikster78
11-11-2010, 06:48 PM
What about those who cannot attend the conference. I am guessing AOLP is like the rest....pay ur dues and ask questions later

JimLewis
11-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Alll this talk about the conference but when is it????

JimLewis
11-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Nevermind..... I just saw the other thread about it.

nikster78
11-11-2010, 07:24 PM
good luck getting a schedule and answer.....IMO Aolp sux...looking for donations and sorts. I will stick to the illuminator

AOLP
11-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Should I become a sponsor/member of the AOLP and attend the event? Is it too late to sign up? Does the AOLP have too many manufacturers involved already?

Thanks, it sounds like a pretty cool event.

Thanks for your interest Bob, will call you tommorow and help out with the specifics

chris

niteliters
11-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Nevermind..... I just saw the other thread about it.

Jim, you probably already know this, but for those who don't...member or not, you can attend the conference. are you thinking about coming Jim? Would be great to meet you and get your perspective on the green industry/lighting from your north west perspective

JimLewis
11-13-2010, 03:07 PM
It would be fun. And I'm always looking for an excuse to get out of this rainy wet state to somewhere sunny in the winter. But actually, I was just looking for the date to see if it coincided with a time when I was already going to be down there. I'm going down for the I.A. conference in early December. Then going to Tucson, which I know is a ways away, in February some time for an advisory council meeting at Rain Bird. Don't have the date for that one yet.

I was thinking if it was near one of those times maybe I'd extend my stay and check it out. So I just wanted to see what the date was to keep it in mind. I don't know that it will work out. And we have some other travel planned for this winter too. So hard to say if I'd be able to make it. But I was a little interested.

niteliters
11-13-2010, 07:39 PM
hope it works out for you Jim

Bob Klaidman
11-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the info, I WILL be attending! Looking forward to meeting all!

niteliters
11-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Great news Bob!!! Are you going to be displaying your product at the expo so we can see, touch and feel a sampling of what SPJ has to offer or are you waiting till next year to do that? Either way, I am glad you are coming, I think it will give you the best opportunity to see the value of being apart this association.