PDA

View Full Version : Speeding tickets??

deere615
10-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Ok so I got pulled over on friday evening for speeding-first time I have ever been pulled over-it was a state cop. I was in my 2500HD pulling a 24ft pintle trailer. The cop said I was doing 68 but when I saw him I looked down and was doing 60. The road is a 55mph road but there is a half mile stretch that was 40mph and that is where he was sitting.
He ending up giving me a disobeying traffic sign ticket where there is no points just a fine and thats it, its only a bit over $100. So that was pretty nice but the thing that bothered me the most was he didnt believe I owed the buisness(lettered truck) he actually came back outta the car a second time and questioned me on the size and year of truck thinking it was a company truck:dizzy:
Anyways Does anyone no if this will affect my insurance at all like I said no points or anything? I was real respectful to him I think in the end he still didnt believe it was my business and just wanted to give me a ticket mind this was at 6:17-6-33pm his shift probably ended at 7 :laugh:. I was never one to speed just go with the flow of traffic there was actually another chevy truck right behind me. Also anyone got any good stories of being pulled over?

fastlane
11-02-2010, 08:43 PM
About 30 years ago I got pulled over. The cop said I've been behind you for 2miles with my lights flashing why didn't you pull over? This is what happen. I'am driving a dulley pulling a 32' race car trailer. It's 3am. My friend who was driving behind me calls on the cb and said your rear door is falling off! The trailer is only 3 weeks old. The piano hinge broke. My friend said the cables are dragging it behind the trailer. Sooo - I didn't want to stop inside the Chesapeake bay tunnel so I drug the door 2 miles till I could pull over. I didn't see the cops lights because all the sparks. I told the cop it was to dangerous to stop in the tunnel and he agreed with me. No ticket. The cop said he woud not know what to write down anyway.

knox gsl
11-02-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure how many times I've been pulled over but I do know its been more than 45 times. I've had 80+ citations but now have a clean MVR except 1 speeding ticket. Alot of my citations were when I was much younger and received many noise ordinace violations. The most citations I got at one time was 6: improper use of turn signal, noise ord., no seat belt, no corrective lenses, missing brake light, no proof of insurance, but he missed that I was running 64 in a 45. These were back in the day when I worked in a car stereo shop and later worked as a regional sales rep for Sony Autosound. I also received several driving trucks over the road, really no way around getting them if your doing your job out there. I know that sounds like alot but I've got many miles under my butt, well over 1.4 million miles myself between work and personal vehicals, much more than most people at 31 years of age. I'm glad that I've grown up seince those days, its much cheaper to play by the rules. Young and stupid is exspensive!

deere615
11-02-2010, 09:22 PM
About 30 years ago I got pulled over. The cop said I've been behind you for 2miles with my lights flashing why didn't you pull over? This is what happen. I'am driving a dulley pulling a 32' race car trailer. It's 3am. My friend who was driving behind me calls on the cb and said your rear door is falling off! The trailer is only 3 weeks old. The piano hinge broke. My friend said the cables are dragging it behind the trailer. Sooo - I didn't want to stop inside the Chesapeake bay tunnel so I drug the door 2 miles till I could pull over. I didn't see the cops lights because all the sparks. I told the cop it was to dangerous to stop in the tunnel and he agreed with me. No ticket. The cop said he woud not know what to write down anyway.
lucky!
I'm not sure how many times I've been pulled over but I do know its been more than 45 times. I've had 80+ citations but now have a clean MVR except 1 speeding ticket. Alot of my citations were when I was much younger and received many noise ordinace violations. The most citations I got at one time was 6: improper use of turn signal, noise ord., no seat belt, no corrective lenses, missing brake light, no proof of insurance, but he missed that I was running 64 in a 45. These were back in the day when I worked in a car stereo shop and later worked as a regional sales rep for Sony Autosound. I also received several driving trucks over the road, really no way around getting them if your doing your job out there. I know that sounds like alot but I've got many miles under my butt, well over 1.4 million miles myself between work and personal vehicals, much more than most people at 31 years of age. I'm glad that I've grown up seince those days, its much cheaper to play by the rules. Young and stupid is exspensive!

Wow yeah thats alotta miles yeah like I said I dont really speed just go with the flow of traffic there was another truck(no clue who it was) right behind me

93Chevy
11-02-2010, 09:32 PM
I got nailed doing 48 in a 35...I guess 6 years ago. No, 5 years, I was a senior in high school But any rate, the cop tried to teach me a lesson, and I'll tell you, after that $150 fine and 2 points for going 13mph over (at the bottom of a hill), I'm very speed conscious now. But I also know the laws, so I typically go 5-9mph over, sometimes faster in traffic conditions. Heck, I passed a cop on the 76 a few weeks back doing 70 in a 65 and guess what? No problem. I just judge the situation and adjust my speed accordingly.

I think my speed-o-meter may be a few miles fast, but I think that's a good thing.

deere615
11-02-2010, 10:05 PM
I got nailed doing 48 in a 35...I guess 6 years ago. No, 5 years, I was a senior in high school But any rate, the cop tried to teach me a lesson, and I'll tell you, after that $150 fine and 2 points for going 13mph over (at the bottom of a hill), I'm very speed conscious now. But I also know the laws, so I typically go 5-9mph over, sometimes faster in traffic conditions. Heck, I passed a cop on the 76 a few weeks back doing 70 in a 65 and guess what? No problem. I just judge the situation and adjust my speed accordingly.

I think my speed-o-meter may be a few miles fast, but I think that's a good thing.

yeah thats about how I drive I usually cruise at 71-72 on I79

cgaengineer
11-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Look on your ticket, if the box that says local ordinance is checked no points and no rise in insurance rates.

I have paid my stupid tax many times...but I have not had a ticket in many years, tickets are not good for my blood pressure!
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
11-03-2010, 12:36 AM
ive been pulled over! now im the police pulling people over

ajslands
11-03-2010, 12:40 AM
I got a speeding ticket but one of my clients is a lawyer so I got out of that one!
And I'm only 18 and was going 13 over in a 35! :eek:
Posted via Mobile Device

ajslands
11-03-2010, 12:42 AM

pig! :laugh:.....:laugh:... :laugh: :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

whosedog
11-03-2010, 09:34 AM
My son got nailed going 49 in a 25mph zone.To avoid the points NJ allows you to play lets make a deal;plead to operating vehicle in unsafe manner,pay $439 and you get no points.While the fine is expensive,it actually saves you a lot because those 4 points would make your insurance rates go up for 3 years.You can only plead guilty to unsafe driving twice in a 5 year period,after that you're screwed.

deere615
11-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Look on your ticket, if the box that says local ordinance is checked no points and no rise in insurance rates.

I have paid my stupid tax many times...but I have not had a ticket in many years, tickets are not good for my blood pressure!
Posted via Mobile Device
dont see that box anywhere, stupid tax lol one of my professors said that before he sees it more like a tax
*trucewhiteflag*
I got a speeding ticket but one of my clients is a lawyer so I got out of that one!
And I'm only 18 and was going 13 over in a 35! :eek:
Posted via Mobile Device
lucky
My son got nailed going 49 in a 25mph zone.To avoid the points NJ allows you to play lets make a deal;plead to operating vehicle in unsafe manner,pay $439 and you get no points.While the fine is expensive,it actually saves you a lot because those 4 points would make your insurance rates go up for 3 years.You can only plead guilty to unsafe driving twice in a 5 year period,after that you're screwed.

wow I was more that that and ticket was for less. Yeah I just signed guilty and mailed them a check, he told me there was no points etc just a fine so I dont see why he would lie

93Chevy
11-03-2010, 08:15 PM
pig! :laugh:.....:laugh:... :laugh: :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, you're a class act. :nono:

newjerseylandscaping
11-27-2010, 01:23 AM
HAHA, I addition to owning a landscaping co. i want to be A Police officer. or a FIre FIGHter. I thought id share this with you, I think someone above said they are now a cop, let me know what you think. MY mother drives a 2004 acura tsx. It is a front wheel drive vehicle, My brother took it to a friends house to do an oil change and normal maintnence, (i didnt have the tools at this time). After they were done he was on the way home and he turnd right on the road. there is a light two blocks to the left. He gets pulled over after about 6 seconds of being on that road. He asks why hes being pulled over and the cop tells him he saw him burn out his rear tires at the traffic light. He politly tries to explain that it is a front wheel drive vehicle making it impossible to burn out the rear tires. he goes back, runs his license and all and come back and says im issueing you a written warning. He politly asks for hat and he tells him reckless driving and endangering the public. He kept his mouth shut but got home, and the next day he went and talked to the cheif of police. the cheif informed him hes getting fired. apparently this is not his first complaint he tried to tell a guy with a mustang that his front tires were burning out off the line and some other stuff, nneedless to say we went to the movies last night and hes working as a security gaurd at the theriter.

Even Cut Lawn Care
11-27-2010, 01:50 AM

Me too...I actually got stopped about a month ago (in one of the fully lettered trucks) by one of the local highway patrol Lts on my way to work at the PD. He walked up and just started laughing when he saw me in uniform.

LouisianaLawnboy
11-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Me too...I actually got stopped about a month ago (in one of the fully lettered trucks) by one of the local highway patrol Lts on my way to work at the PD. He walked up and just started laughing when he saw me in uniform.

That's Louisiana for you!

I dont mind you being a cop since your my crescent city connection. Lol.

Today I pulled out on a country highway and a started to get up to the speed limit of 55 when a white Malibu comes riding my tail. I started to speed up and it still started to pass me so I floored it. At about almost 70 I heard sirens. That malibu was an unmarked cop. Needless to say i let him pass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Petr51488
11-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Everything shows up to an insurance company. I called a few times for quotes and i tell them that i have no points on my license etc. They tell me, although you dont show that you dont have any points, they told me about my seatbelt tickets and a few of those tickets that were $$ but no points.

deere615
11-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Everything shows up to an insurance company. I called a few times for quotes and i tell them that i have no points on my license etc. They tell me, although you dont show that you dont have any points, they told me about my seatbelt tickets and a few of those tickets that were $$ but no points.

thats sucks did they raise rates at all?

topsites
11-29-2010, 08:01 PM
1. I have been driving for 26 years.
2. I have had no accidents and no citations in the past 10 years.
3. I had to learn this one the hard way but now you know the reason why.

You better believe it.

I understand it this way: "policy activity can increase premium."
So it doesn't really matter if it did or not, because sooner or later, it will.

Petr51488
11-30-2010, 08:25 PM

Luckily it didnt. The true test will be to see how much my quote will be for my 2011 infiniti that i ordered. I mean its not terrible, and they don't see you as a risk if you have a seatbelt ticket here and there, but it still shows up. Granted that i live in NJ, my quote may seem reasonable but in your statet it may be half that amount.

deere615
11-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Luckily it didnt. The true test will be to see how much my quote will be for my 2011 infiniti that i ordered. I mean its not terrible, and they don't see you as a risk if you have a seatbelt ticket here and there, but it still shows up. Granted that i live in NJ, my quote may seem reasonable but in your statet it may be half that amount.

Thats good I have been told by everyone around me it wont. I will see when they renew in march I guess.

Jelinek61
12-02-2010, 06:25 PM
I got a ticket my senior year of high school for going down a closed road. I was on a date with my girlfriend for her birthday and we had some time between dinner and the movie we were going to so we were driving around and i went down a road that was closed for construction to check out the equipment and there was a cop sitting in the middle of the construction site in an industrial park. He pulled me over and said they had problems with people stealing things but i think he was just hiding out during his shift because it was still light out. He ended up giving me a ticket which i fought in court. Got the fine cut from 200 to 100 and because it wasn't a moving violation no points.

deere615
12-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Well that would suck^ what did you say in court that you just wanted to look at the equipment? Mind you I am not making fun of you I would do the same thing!!

Jelinek61
12-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Well that would suck^ what did you say in court that you just wanted to look at the equipment? Mind you I am not making fun of you I would do the same thing!!

Haha, thats pretty much what i wanted to do but i told them that i was going to a landscape supply company that was on the same road. The supply company had put a sign on the road closed sign that said they were still open for business (which i took a picture of and brought to court to show the judge). The judge told me that the sign that the supply company put up was illegal and told the police officer that wrote me the ticket to go and tell the company to have it removed. haha. So he saw my point and reduced everthing.

deere615
12-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Haha, thats pretty much what i wanted to do but i told them that i was going to a landscape supply company that was on the same road. The supply company had put a sign on the road closed sign that said they were still open for business (which i took a picture of and brought to court to show the judge). The judge told me that the sign that the supply company put up was illegal and told the police officer that wrote me the ticket to go and tell the company to have it removed. haha. So he saw my point and reduced everthing.

dang that was nice though if you had that they shoulda let you off!

South Florida Lawns
12-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Been pulled over about 10 times. only 5 tickets tho. 2 for window tint. And 3 speeding tickets.

The way I see it the more you drive the more you get pulled over.

joey7599
12-07-2010, 10:47 PM
I got pulled over last summer while I was on my way home from working I was towing my trailer and i thought my lights on the trailer went out or something but the cop said that the lisence plate was not visable enough in the dark so he gave me a $50 ticket and i had to put a light over the lisence plate.

Andrew & Ben's Lawn Care
12-09-2010, 05:49 AM
"HAHA, I addition to owning a landscaping co. i want to be A Police officer. or a FIre FIGHter. I thought id share this with you, I think someone above said they are now a cop, let me know what you think."

1} I make much more in the lawn business than I do as a cop.
2} No night shift
3} No Reports
4} No vest to wear in the hot summer
I could give you about 10 more but I'll stop here. I'd go full time LCO if my wife would let me.

Danscapes
12-09-2010, 07:20 AM
With the economy being in the toilet you can expect to see more cars pulled over. I try and keep my truck right at the speed limit now! All these city's are losing tax dollars and cops losing their jobs results in "revenue enhancement" tickets. I was out the other day and in a 10 mile stretch of road saw 8 high patrol taking radar under every over pass.

newjerseylandscaping
12-09-2010, 11:53 AM
"HAHA, I addition to owning a landscaping co. i want to be A Police officer. or a FIre FIGHter. I thought id share this with you, I think someone above said they are now a cop, let me know what you think."

1} I make much more in the lawn business than I do as a cop.
2} No night shift
3} No Reports
4} No vest to wear in the hot summer
I could give you about 10 more but I'll stop here. I'd go full time LCO if my wife would let me.

Im just starting my buisness now but so far i just dont see making more being an lco than a cop. If it turns out that it will work that way maby ill do that, but as of now i think ill do both.

chris@perfectlawncare
12-12-2010, 01:05 AM
With the economy being in the toilet you can expect to see more cars pulled over. I try and keep my truck right at the speed limit now! All these city's are losing tax dollars and cops losing their jobs results in "revenue enhancement" tickets. I was out the other day and in a 10 mile stretch of road saw 8 high patrol taking radar under every over pass.

On 75? I can attest to that. Usually the State Highway Patrol will sit there... although they don't even have to run radar now that they have the "if you look like you're speeding, you're speeding" law.

albhb3
12-21-2010, 10:16 PM
I dont know guys I must be invisible;) 1 accident no fault dumb b!tch wasnt paying attention at hit me while stopped at a stop light. No tickets warnings etc. I still dont get how november of 2009 from eagan,mn to bentonville, AR saw 1 cop the entire way{ 640miles} left at 2 am got there at 10am. That night I found out that a scion xb will pull 3700 for 8 hours 3 stops for fuel 2.5 tanks@10 gal each. I believe we averaged 85mph that night with stops {all for a wedding reception for some friends that started at 1pm}. Then also on the way down to winona 2.5hours ave. got down there in 1 hour 15min zero cops, sat on 100-102 95% of the way the danger ranger runs out of legs at that point:weightlifter: I know my times comming but what the heck ya only live once:drinkup:

deere615
12-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I dont know guys I must be invisible;) 1 accident no fault dumb b!tch wasnt paying attention at hit me while stopped at a stop light. No tickets warnings etc. I still dont get how november of 2009 from eagan,mn to bentonville, AR saw 1 cop the entire way{ 640miles} left at 2 am got there at 10am. That night I found out that a scion xb will pull 3700 for 8 hours 3 stops for fuel 2.5 tanks@10 gal each. I believe we averaged 85mph that night with stops {all for a wedding reception for some friends that started at 1pm}. Then also on the way down to winona 2.5hours ave. got down there in 1 hour 15min zero cops, sat on 100-102 95% of the way the danger ranger runs out of legs at that point:weightlifter: I know my times comming but what the heck ya only live once:drinkup:

Holy crap! Guess you profile picture speaks for itself!