PDA

View Full Version : Safe temps to spray 2/4D?

speedster
11-01-2010, 12:01 PM
I want to spray my lawn once before winter to kill off some dandelion and plantain. Last night it frosted and got down to 28 degrees and is in the high 50's during the day. The bottle says not to spray under 45 degrees but it's not clear as to whether that means 45 degrees daytime temp or 45 degrees nighttime.

Today it is again going to be in the high 50's with lows tonight around 28. Is it safe for me to spray this afternoon?

FYI, I'm got 8 week old overseeded TTTF that doing well and hsa been cut at least 8 times.

cgaengineer
11-01-2010, 12:31 PM
I want to spray my lawn once before winter to kill off some dandelion and plantain. Last night it frosted and got down to 28 degrees and is in the high 50's during the day. The bottle says not to spray under 45 degrees but it's not clear as to whether that means 45 degrees daytime temp or 45 degrees nighttime.

Today it is again going to be in the high 50's with lows tonight around 28. Is it safe for me to spray this afternoon?

FYI, I'm got 8 week old overseeded TTTF that doing well and hsa been cut at least 8 times.

The main thing to watch out for are high temps, lower temps mean it will take longer to kill weeds. An ester based 24d product will speed up the kill in cooler temps.

speedster
11-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Okay definate no worries here about being too hot. The forcast in my area is shown below. When would be the optimal time for me to spray? Should I do it a day or so before rain is expected? I cut grass this past saturday so it has two days on the cut.

CHARLES CUE
11-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Wait till the frost goes off it will be fine they will die so slow.

Charles Cue

cgaengineer
11-01-2010, 10:04 PM
You may try to speed up the kill using Octane. I replied to a thread this morning that I have yet to notice the kill sped up with Octane...I think I am wrong. One of the properties I sprayed last week the weeds were smoked.
Posted via Mobile Device