PDA

View Full Version : Suv leaf setup help

boneslawns
11-01-2010, 12:20 PM
I have a ford edge that I use to haul my trailer. I know I need a truck but don't want to trade up and spend the cash just yet. I'm doing leaves and mulch and bag, which sucks emptying the gobbler into lawn bags. And pics or ideas what I can do for a box. I have a 10 foot trailer and thought about a small box up front and hauling the mower in the rear but don't want to mess up weight dist. On my trailer. Thanks for any help
Posted via Mobile Device

Mowbizz
11-01-2010, 02:21 PM
I have a ford edge that I use to haul my trailer. I know I need a truck but don't want to trade up and spend the cash just yet. I'm doing leaves and mulch and bag, which sucks emptying the gobbler into lawn bags. And pics or ideas what I can do for a box. I have a 10 foot trailer and thought about a small box up front and hauling the mower in the rear but don't want to mess up weight dist. On my trailer. Thanks for any help
Posted via Mobile Device

10 ft trailer is not going to afford you that much room for leaves...they have a way of piling up fast! I'm afraid you are just going to have to bite the bullet and work harder until you can work smarter (with a truck)
I saw 2 guys today in one of the neighborhoods I do some cleanups in and they were struggling with an 8ft bed on a chevy pickup...had the bed full and the lawn still had major piles to be picked up. They also had no mowers and just one backpack blower...I give them credit for being out there but without the right equipment, it's a lot harder to be successful and profitable. (unless you're low balling for beer money)

boneslawns
11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
No low balling! i agree i didnt think there was much i could do. I started with the Edge when i started the business thinking it would get me by for a while and it has, but i have grown faster than i thought i would. just tryin to make it work as long as i could. And i like the gas milage a little better than with a truck ha ha

LawnScapers of Dayton
11-01-2010, 04:06 PM
partner with another local LCO to do leaf pickups for you......

boneslawns
11-01-2010, 05:35 PM
As in me blow them and tarp them and have them pick them up? or how do partnerships like that work?

Mowbizz
11-01-2010, 11:30 PM
As in me blow them and tarp them and have them pick them up? or how do partnerships like that work?

You would have to find someone local with a leaf sucker that would be willing to take your leaves from curbside (you would also have to pay them to take the leaves)
Kind of like sub-contracting the leaf pickup and take away part of the cleanup.
You would have to pad the bill to the homeowner a bit to cover the subs cost.