PDA

View Full Version : boom width vs spray width

grassmasterswilson
11-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Over the last couple of weeks I have had trouble with my boom sprayer calibration. I have timed and caught the nozzle output multiple times and all nozzle come out to be very close. Figured I would try the spray 1000 sqft and see how much I put out.

When figureing your width I assume you measure from outside nozzle to outside nozzle and not your total spray width. That way you allow for you over lap on the way back.(all inside nozzles overlap). So your boom width might be 7 feet but your actual spray width is 8 ft. Correct???

Ric
11-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Over the last couple of weeks I have had trouble with my boom sprayer calibration. I have timed and caught the nozzle output multiple times and all nozzle come out to be very close. Figured I would try the spray 1000 sqft and see how much I put out.

When figureing your width I assume you measure from outside nozzle to outside nozzle and not your total spray width. That way you allow for you over lap on the way back.(all inside nozzles overlap). So your boom width might be 7 feet but your actual spray width is 8 ft. Correct???

Wilson

A lot depends on the type of nozzle you use. Some are made to over lap and others are not. As a General rule but not written in stone, 110 Degree need to over lap where 95 and 80 degree flat fan don't need to over lap. But there are many different types of nozzles and each design works different.

One Boom sprayer I made is only 6 inch off the ground yet sprays 0.75 gallon per thousand at 4.5 MPH. It does so at very low pressure to avoid drift.

grassmasterswilson
11-01-2010, 07:20 PM
ric i'm using 110 degree nozzles and everything overlaps. So I assume my effective spray width would be outside nozzle to outside nozzle and not the actual spray width.

sedge
11-01-2010, 07:31 PM
ric i'm using 110 degree nozzles and everything overlaps. So I assume my effective spray width would be outside nozzle to outside nozzle and not the actual spray width.

Yap........