PDA

View Full Version : Tax write off

stevenf
11-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Just curious what you guys do in this situation. My cell phone is used for both personal and business. I would say 75% business and 25% personal.
Do you guys write off the phone 100% of business use or do you actually look over the bill and figure the percentage of minutes used for business?

rreyn1812
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Check this link (below) out. Sounds like you need to keep almost "absolutely perfect" records of the calls to be made for it to count. I don't try to deduct mine because of the level of proof that would likely be required.

http://njscpa.typepad.com/news/2010/01/taxpayer-beware-irs-taking-tax-deductions-for-cell-phone-use-seriously.html

GunnPropertyServices
11-02-2010, 09:05 PM
i write off the whole thing, its still in my name since i had it before i started my business, i did change the plan to higher mins. It is paid for out of my business account. not sure if this is 100% correct according to tax laws but its what i do.

bohiaa
11-03-2010, 08:35 AM
the whole thing, it's like the ole joke, go in to a restrunt. eat a meal then say, so how's that grass doing ? the person with you says fine. BOOM it just became a business meeting. it's a write off