PDA

View Full Version : anyone do this with there box truck

joey7599
11-03-2010, 11:08 AM
so this landscaper in my town put his mowers in his box truck instead of using a trailer does anyone else do this.

gasracer
11-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Add a 4ft. dovetail with ramps to a box truck and you have a landscape truck. There are all different styles. SLT even offer 7ft electric ramp.

joey7599
11-03-2010, 02:33 PM
He has a hydro lift on his

gasracer
11-03-2010, 02:47 PM
The "Tommy Lifts" are good if they are wide enough to put a mower on. You can buy a fitted box truck about the same price and a open landscape style truck. I am wanting to get one next year.
Something like this
http://ameri-trucksales.com/component/option,com_autostand/Itemid,0/func,detail/id,30/

Bigred350
11-03-2010, 07:40 PM
lots of guys are starting to do this because you can keep everything locked up and out of the weather.

gasracer
11-03-2010, 07:47 PM
It's also a rolling billboard.

MarkinNH
11-03-2010, 08:17 PM
A Landscaping Company in the town where I live has been using box trucks for quite a few years. I think he has 4 or 5 of them now.

http://www.miraclefarmslandscaping.com/

Fresh_Cut
11-04-2010, 02:52 AM
This is my setup right now....

I recently got my first Lazer Z and it's not as easy to get on and off with the hydraulic lift so I'm selling my truck (if anyone is interested) and I will get another box truck with a dovetail.

I love it. The only reason I haven't lettered it is because I know I'm gonna get another truck for better fuel mileage and convenience (ramp).

What y'all think?

MarcSmith
11-04-2010, 07:48 AM
only problem with box trucks is that you don't have the ability to carry much in the way of debris...

gasracer
11-04-2010, 08:53 AM
This is my setup right now....

I recently got my first Lazer Z and it's not as easy to get on and off with the hydraulic lift so I'm selling my truck (if anyone is interested) and I will get another box truck with a dovetail.

I love it. The only reason I haven't lettered it is because I know I'm gonna get another truck for better fuel mileage and convenience (ramp).

What y'all think?

Some shelving,storage racks and swap out the lift for a dovetail and you would have a great setup with the one you have.

lawnpropm
11-05-2010, 04:34 AM
Yep couldn't agree more with the racks and storage "proper" storage of gas jugs. Looks like you have turned a few over. Can't tell you how much you will save locking those things down. Take a look around on he net for ideas. Not sure how much fuel prices are out there but if they ain't giving it away its expensive lol. Nice looking truck tho lots of potential. Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device