PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Software Question

arborplex
11-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Ok, this is my problem/question. I have played around with a lot of the programs that I've found online for lawn and landscape scheduling, management etc, but I haven't found anything that does what I want. If there is something out there that meets this list of criteria, I would be greatly appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction.

I don't need an invoicing, billing, or piece of management software that has ALL the bells and whistles. I have three companies, and I do all my invoicing,payments, payroll, and whatnot through QB and I like it, it's fast, and I have no problems with it. My Big problem is that I need a piece of SCHEDULING ONLY software. I am currently doing all my schedules a week at a time by hand, and it's getting old and harder to keep up with as I get new customers. I have approx 70 commercial accounts and around 30-40 regular residential accounts. All of my Commercial Accounts go off yearly Frequency Charts they give me at the beginning of the year. Even with all of the scheduling programs I have found, there is nothing like this in them. I still have to pull out each of my sheets each month to make sure I am including all of the services for that month. I am trying to find something that will let me input all of these items for a year, with their frequencies, and make schedules based off that data. It doesn't have to be overly complicated, with tons of blanks and information to fill in.

If anybody knows of anything that fits the bill, please let me know. Thanks!

Jason

fl-landscapes
11-03-2010, 02:47 PM
can you just add Q express to your quick books, seems like the logical solution

jbell36
11-03-2010, 02:57 PM
i know most of the lawn care programs (i.e. gopher, lawn pro, etc.) can do that but they also come with the invoicing option...at the beginning of the year for scheduling you just put in the account information (name, billing address, amout per service, phone number, etc.) and how often you want that service done (you can have multiple services under one account) such as every 7 days, every 5 days, every 3 weeks, or what ever the frequency and it will schedule it for you until you tell the program when you want that service to stop...i'm using gopher and it has done everything i expected, i'm very happy with it, it was only $200 and you can schedule your chemicals along with mowing and other stuff like spring/fall clean-up

i'm not sure if this is exactly what you are asking so i'm just posting for what it's worth, hopefully this will help you out...

jbell36
11-03-2010, 03:04 PM
after reading again it sounds like gopher would work well for you...the best part is, after you input all the years information it goes by a day to day schedule, and at the end of the day it will ask you if you have completed ALL of your jobs or just SOME of your jobs, you can even add jobs if needed, THEN at the end of the month you just hit generate invoices and it makes invoices for that current month, and if someone has an outstanding balance it will bring it forward on their invoice so you don't get behind with the payers who struggle to pay...it's all one program so it syncs well together as opposed to two different programs that try to work together...it can also upload your accounts from quickbooks if you use quickbooks, although i just entered my 100 accounts one by one

DanaMac
11-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I use Qxpress, and have for about 5 years. Works great, integrates with QB very well. I don't have weekly or monthly recurring jobs. Everything is different from day to day. And there are three of us on the schedule each day going to 2-20 homes a day each.

jlouki01
11-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Qxpress. Easy to setup re-occurring jobs etc. Pulls data right from QB so there is literally no setup time.

Dana.. I struggle with the same thing. I use the waiting list a lot but it seems like I always am duplicating our schedule from last thurs or re-entering it all together.

I picked up the mapping + bar code options this year. Don't know how I lived without them.

DanaMac
11-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Qxpress. Easy to setup re-occurring jobs etc. Pulls data right from QB so there is literally no setup time.

Dana.. I struggle with the same thing. I use the waiting list a lot but it seems like I always am duplicating our schedule from last thurs or re-entering it all together.

I picked up the mapping + bar code options this year. Don't know how I lived without them.

I'm thinking of the mapping option for next year as well. Especially if I have someone else run the office besides myself. I personally can picture the city in my head, and know where most people live or know what neighborhoods are called what. So it is easy for me. But probably not for someone else.