PDA

View Full Version : Not your average yard clean up !

mowZ06
11-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Anyone else have these tough ones that realy give you a work out. This one has a very steep hill that leads down to a golf course and some large tree beds and the only way out to the front is along the courses walk way that lead to an opening to the back yard. I blow them to the bottom bag em up with the ultra vav,dump on the large tarp and hook up and pull to the street.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/landscapepics031.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/landscapepics032.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/landscapepics029.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/landscapepics040.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/landscapepics035.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/landscapepics036.jpg

godzilla
11-03-2010, 11:44 PM
For us that would be an easy one. This is one that we did in the spring, the company he had last year backed out, so we did a BIG spring clean-up. Fairly straight forward; back pack the upper beds to the driveway (maybe some tarping to get there) the lawn area and lower beds get thrown into garbage cans and carried to the driveway. From there we use a 4WD tractor w/ differential lock, weights, and front end loader to push the pile up the driveway to where the truckloader can get it. Little bit over a full load. The house nextdoor is easier, but I have some others that are nothing but garbage cans.

NarNar
11-03-2010, 11:53 PM
They better be paying you guys well for that type of work. Thanks for sharing, pictures look great.

Cloud9Landscapes
11-04-2010, 12:07 AM
I can only dream of maintaining yards of that brobdingnagian size here in California. That property doesn't look too hard and I would probably blow all the debris down the slopes and stake down a tarp where I could blow and rake leaves onto. A billy goat leaf vac would be nice to have on jobs like that.

Groomer
11-04-2010, 10:09 AM
gotta love leaf season!

whosedog
11-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Why you guys working so hard,pulling them out when the lake is right there for a reason,use it!

stan the man
11-04-2010, 11:44 AM
i know at the end of that day my legs be dead, i like flat ground. good for you guys you can have it.

Mowbizz
11-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Why you guys working so hard,pulling them out when the lake is right there for a reason,use it!

Not to sound picky but I don't think a waterfront home owner would want landscapers dumping a ton of leaves in their pristine, swimming area...what falls in naturally can't be helped but most want to keep their sandy beach and at least the first 15-20 feet of lake clear of debris...just sayin'
I know I wouldn't want them dumping in my waterfront property...

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-04-2010, 03:24 PM
OMG i would hate that unless the money was great but even then....IDk if i would do it
I try to stay away from those thype house...then again i feel kinda bad because im sure they get that alot (Guy not wanting to do the clean up because of all the troubles)

NarNar
11-04-2010, 03:58 PM
:usflag:OMG i would hate that unless the money was great but even then....IDk if i would do it
I try to stay away from those thype house...then again i feel kinda bad because im sure they get that alot (Guy not wanting to do the clean up because of all the troubles)

I am sure if they paid properly, they wouldn't have trouble finding someone to service their home. It's the house that is difficult and you have to put up with nit picky PITA, cheap, customers that have a hard time finding someone to service their home. :usflag:

mowZ06
11-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I get paid well so it does not bother me. If a customer does not appreciate my hard work I just let them go.

stan the man
11-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I get paid well so it does not bother me. If a customer does not appreciate my hard work I just let them go.

that is the way to do it. i am the same ways.

Mudly
11-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Not to sound picky but I don't think a waterfront home owner would want landscapers dumping a ton of leaves in their pristine, swimming area...what falls in naturally can't be helped but most want to keep their sandy beach and at least the first 15-20 feet of lake clear of debris...just sayin'

in some couties in ohio blowing debris into the street and waterways is illegal

godzilla
11-04-2010, 09:10 PM
If our clients caught us dumping leaves in the lake they would butcher the crew, before the DEP could get there to impose fines.

Grass Shark
11-04-2010, 09:31 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Now thats a leaf clean up!!!! Great Pics.... in the first picture is that all one house or another behind it? If that is one house that is the size of my neighborhood!!!! :clapping:

mowZ06
11-04-2010, 09:43 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Now thats a leaf clean up!!!! Great Pics.... in the first picture is that all one house or another behind it? If that is one house that is the size of my neighborhood!!!! :clapping:

Its just one and it is huge. I have eight accounts on this street six of them close enough that I just park the truck and go to work for the day.

Cloud9Landscapes
11-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Its just one and it is huge. I have eight accounts on this street six of them close enough that I just park the truck and go to work for the day.

I like situations like that, on my own personal street is like that. I maintain 6 on my own street, I can just walk out my front door and be occupied all day.

whosedog
11-05-2010, 08:36 AM

Haha JK; I should have known that someone would think I was serious! I mean why dump them in the lake when you can have a nice bonfire?

LR3
11-05-2010, 05:10 PM
that is the way to do it. i am the same ways.

Absolutely, I am the same way.