PDA

View Full Version : unique lighting fixtures versus volt fixtures

CANADIAN MIKE
11-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi guys! I've always bought Unique lighting fixtures in the past since my distributor here in Canada does not carry Volt. Now I been considering purchasing Volt fixtures at a considerable savings. Who has used both type and is there much of a difference? All feedback is appreciated!:canadaflag:

SunScaping
11-04-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't think we can mention the name Volt on this site, in fear of the thread being deleted.

Since they are a paying sponser, they are getting special treatment and protection against anyone pointing out the facts of how they started and where there designs came from.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Hi Mike. You will have to wait a bit before trying the Volt line here in Canada. They are not yet properly listed for use here. I understand that Allan is working on this and have been looking forward to sampling his product line once the proper listings are in place.

All electrical components installed here in Canada must have one of the following electical listings. CSA, cUL, cETL, cTUVus, MET

There are a few product lines that do not carry the appropriate Canadian listings. FX being one of them (although again they are working at it). Here in Canada we have more stringent safety standards and thus the components go through a more rigorous testing procedures.

Prolightscaper
11-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Hi guys! I've always bought Unique lighting fixtures in the past since my distributor here in Canada does not carry Volt. Now I been considering purchasing Volt fixtures at a considerable savings. Who has used both type and is there much of a difference? All feedback is appreciated!:canadaflag:

I don't know if this post is made tongue in cheek but I'm assuming you have seen and read the threads before they were deleted this week. Or is it just a coincidence that you are comparing Unique and Volt. I doubt it.

Anyway why would you consider buying an alleged bootlegged product ?

Are the money savings really worth compromising your own integrity ?

Do you and other buyers who support suppliers of this kind really want to build a reputation of using cheap generic off brand bootlegged products?

There should be a huge asterisk placed next to so called celebrated television figures who appears on Do it yourself programming and use knockoffs.

How does that advance the professional industry? promoting a DIY sold product to a DIY audience.

Everyone is entitled to their day in court. But, We have all seen the products. You have to have no sense whatsoever or be blind not to see that they are the same.

SunScaping
11-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Boy, this Volt guy just doesn't get it. I found more lies and deceit on his site.
Check out the Big Splash. A few days ago he had a totally different fixture called the big splash and he has now changed it to another style.

That's not the deceit, the problem is that he added several testimonials about that fixture that date back to April 2010 on how great the fixture is. How can that be? He just changed the fixture a few days ago. How could someone already of used that product, especially back in April 2010 when the fixture never existed.

Prolightscaper
11-05-2010, 01:41 AM
Boy, this Volt guy just doesn't get it. I found more lies and deceit on his site.
Check out the Big Splash. A few days ago he had a totally different fixture called the big splash and he has now changed it to another style.

That's not the deceit, the problem is that he added several testimonials about that fixture that date back to April 2010 on how great the fixture is. How can that be? He just changed the fixture a few days ago. How could someone already of used that product, especially back in April 2010 when the fixture never existed.

Look at the lights at this site.

http://www.bestqualitylighting.com/products/up-lights/

Hmmn.... look familiar to Unique and LLW. I see just about all of LLW's uplights that are supposedly his own on there.

Check out this page of horrific reviews of a sleazy online lighting distributor.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/los-angeles-ca/TU7G0TOOTFEVI3TN6

Really makes you think twice about buying from discount importers from their websites. Buyer beware

irrig8r
11-05-2010, 01:48 AM
PLS, are you really trying to draw a connection between LLW/ Volt and Sunrise Lighting?

Looks to me like you are trying to smear LLW.

Prolightscaper
11-05-2010, 02:19 AM
PLS, are you really trying to draw a connection between LLW/ Volt and Sunrise Lighting?

Looks to me like you are trying to smear LLW.

the appearance of the online site with bad reviews in that thread is purely coincidental. Nowhere do I draw any connection.

I just so happened to come across those reviews while doing a search for lighting in so cal.

I found a few more online sites with the same lights. No need to give them any publicity. I think the point has been made about generic lights.

If that's what you care to represent in your business than it is your right.

You should know something about online searches and posting links. You sure have done your share here over the yrs.

I'll bet the farm you're a Jerry brown supporter. Congratulations.

Alan B
11-05-2010, 03:15 AM
Lawnsite... Please leave this thread up. Demonstrates Prolandscape and Sunscape true colors that they are cowards engaged in a smear campaign and discredits everything they say. Maybe time to track IPs.

I have questions to answer for the forum (and i want to answer) but I will do after speaking with unique first. Even though I disagree with much, I am not going to go on a smear campaign.

For the record, I did not ask for any deletions,however do agree with Sean Adams.
Respectfully,
Alan
Posted via Mobile Device

Alan B
11-05-2010, 03:30 AM
BTW I could list about 10 sites all with very similar/same lights. You'll see lots of new ones by us, and elimination of ones similar to others... always been the plan.

Tim R.
11-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Wow, lots of venom here. Sorry Allen. Speaking of import fixtures,
It would seem Sun and PL have never really researched where their
" reputable" brand fixtures are manufactured. I have used many
of Allens fixtures as well as thousands of Uniques over the years.
LLW's fixtures are every bit as solid as Uniques (JMO) ehhh, but
who am I? There are some very good (off brand, as you call it fixtures
out there) some bad, some very bad, but there are also some very good
ones too. Don't knock em until you have sampled a few.
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
11-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Unique is made overseas just like many of the other low voltage lights, nothing new here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Prolightscaper
11-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Lawnsite... Please leave this thread up. Demonstrates Prolandscape and Sunscape true colors that they are cowards engaged in a smear campaign and discredits everything they say. Maybe time to track IPs.

I have questions to answer for the forum (and i want to answer) but I will do after speaking with unique first. Even though I disagree with much, I am not going to go on a smear campaign.

For the record, I did not ask for any deletions,however do agree with Sean Adams.
Respectfully,
Alan
Posted via Mobile Device

No smear campaign here just a search for the true something that you have a very difficult time with. Follow these old threads below for a couple of laughs.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=312469

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=270022

RLDesign
11-05-2010, 09:27 AM
the appearance of the online site with bad reviews in that thread is purely coincidental. Nowhere do I draw any connection.

I just so happened to come across those reviews while doing a search for lighting in so cal.

I found a few more online sites with the same lights. No need to give them any publicity. I think the point has been made about generic lights.

If that's what you care to represent in your business than it is your right.

You should know something about online searches and posting links. You sure have done your share here over the yrs.

I'll bet the farm you're a Jerry brown supporter. Congratulations.

Hey Prolightscaper, WHO IS JERRY BROWN? I GUESS YOU ARE TRYING TO INSULT SOMEONE FOR NO REASON. YOU DID INFER THAT SUNRISE WAS LIKE LLW. IT WAS VERY OBVIOUS. YOU ARE REALLY OFF BASE AND BLIND, AND HAVE NOTHING TO SAY BUT NEGATIVITY. IF YOU ARE NOT SUCH A COWARD, MAYBE YOU WILL SAY HELLO TO THIS GROUP. YOU HIDE BEHIND A NAME AND IT BLOWS MY MIND HOW YOU BASH ONE PERSON AND THEN THE NEXT. I AM SURE ALLEN WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD. IT SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT THAT YOU HAVE YOUR NAME FILLED OUT WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS FORUM. CAN WE MAKE THAT A REQUIREMENT? I WOULD HOPE IT WOULD HELP PROLIGHTSCAPER FROM BEING SUCH A BULLY. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD. WHATEVER THE OUTCOME, THE BASHING IS NOT NEEDED.

BEST REGARDS, TANEK

AztlanLC
11-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Hey Prolightscaper, WHO IS JERRY BROWN? I GUESS YOU ARE TRYING TO INSULT SOMEONE FOR NO REASON. YOU DID INFER THAT SUNRISE WAS LIKE LLW. IT WAS VERY OBVIOUS. YOU ARE REALLY OFF BASE AND BLIND, AND HAVE NOTHING TO SAY BUT NEGATIVITY. IF YOU ARE NOT SUCH A COWARD, MAYBE YOU WILL SAY HELLO TO THIS GROUP. YOU HIDE BEHIND A NAME AND IT BLOWS MY MIND HOW YOU BASH ONE PERSON AND THEN THE NEXT. I AM SURE ALLEN WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD. IT SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT THAT YOU HAVE YOUR NAME FILLED OUT WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS FORUM. CAN WE MAKE THAT A REQUIREMENT? I WOULD HOPE IT WOULD HELP PROLIGHTSCAPER FROM BEING SUCH A BULLY. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD. WHATEVER THE OUTCOME, THE BASHING IS NOT NEEDED.

BEST REGARDS, TANEK

I agree 100% I have asked PL many times to show his real face and purposes for all this bashing all I get back is either no response or a nasty one

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-05-2010, 11:25 AM
IT SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT THAT YOU HAVE YOUR NAME FILLED OUT WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS FORUM. CAN WE MAKE THAT A REQUIREMENT? TANEK

I agree with this 100%.

I think that the Administrator's of this forum should take a long look at the quality and content of the posts that are put up from anonymous contributors and compare them to those posted by the many true professionals that participate here.

Hiding behind an anonymous identity or alias only reduces the relevance of your contributions.

So how about it Lawnsite? Will you consider making contributors identify themselves a requirement of participation here?

steveparrott
11-05-2010, 11:44 AM
I believe current online etiquette (and general consensus) for forums such as this, is to allow people to remain anonymous. This is a reasonable policy since it provides a measure of protection against those who may abuse published comments and threaten a person's privacy.

Many years ago when first asked to choose a user name for this forum, I debated whether or not to use my name. I decided to do so because I had made a committment to never post anything that could compromise the integrity of myself or my company - not that I've been perfect in this regard, but that's my intention.

Still, I respect those who choose to remain anonymous. The forum moderator does a pretty good job, ferrating out those who abuse the forum. There are also rules about changing identities iif you've been kicked off.

All-in-all this has been a great forum!

RLDesign
11-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Hello Steve,

My approach to requiring info or company name was specific to a person or type of person. Do you think Prolightscaper (whoever he or she is) has been handling themselves professionally. Other than that person or someone who carries themselves in such a distasteful manner, I believe everyone has a right to privacy. But the right is taken away when they decide to tell me that I should be checked for "mental illness", mainly because I asked him to stop being such a bully. I also agree with you that we should use our name, and hope that it carries some value. You have always been helpful and supportive of this industry and a healthy discourse, and your name in a signature Just like James or anyone else who signs thier name, it provides a little background or credibilty to the info provided. If I have a question, I can call them. It makes the group better in general. A little drama here and there will not hurt anyone, but the constant drag of someone with a multiple person vendetta is totally uncessary. According to this specific person, everyone is bad or doing something wrong. I assume that each contractor on this site or any site has the intelligence to make decisions about product, look at situations of corruption or infringement, and make design choices that better their company and clients. I enjoy this forum when I have the time participate. Why not make it a requirment to at least disclose your company, if you want to keep your personal name out of the discourse?

I value everyone's opinion. I do not always agree, but I am pretty open to all points of view. I do not need a dictator telling me how to look at situations and then telling me I am wrong if I look at it differently. If someone wants to act that way, I would like to know who is treating me so poorly in an open forum. It seems pretty closed to me.

Either way the forum chooses, I think it is best to contribute my time to more important messages and topics.

Best regards, Tanek

irrig8r
11-05-2010, 03:59 PM
No smear campaign here just a search for the true something that you have a very difficult time with. Follow these old threads below for a couple of laughs.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=312469

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=270022

What did you find funny about them?

Alan seemed pretty straightforward in his replies then as he does now.

Haven't tried his products yet, but I still might...

The Dark Side
11-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Why not make it a requirment to at least disclose your company, if you want to keep your personal name out of the discourse?

After looking over some of the posts on this forum, I doubt you are going to make a difference by requiring an 'ID'. The jokers that come in with flaming accusations and sit back and enjoy the turmoil they cause won't go away. Sounds like someone had a bad day at the office and feels compelled to kick the dog for it. They are like that in business usually and not the people you want associate with anywhere, let alone on a forum.

Boy, it is a tough choice between the irrigation forum and here, as to who has more drama...

wbaptist
11-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Unique is made overseas just like many of the other low voltage lights, nothing new here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Our castings and fixture chassis are made overseas. The casting, machining, injection molding and stamping is done in China to our spec. We design our own products and prototypes prior to creating the final drawing package. We employee a 3rd party Q.C. company that inspects our products to our specs. All our fixtures are assembled right here in CA at our facility. Our transformers are built in house with the exception of the stainless steel wrapper. Below are some of the things that separate us from the rest of the guys selling our fixtures, not to mention the patents. 19 U.S. patents and 38 Chinese patents.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/rusty51501978/UniqueLightingLawnsite800.jpg

irrig8r
11-05-2010, 09:26 PM

It's a point that's been made over and over... and I've said my $.02 whenever it comes up...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=270448

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=209464

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=183993

David Gretzmier
11-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Anyone who has used LLW fixtures know they are very good quality lights that will give a customer 20+ years of service if maintained properly. Anyone who has talked and worked with Alan knows he cares about his customers and his product. I will glady continue to reccomend and use them in the future.