PDA

View Full Version : bermuda in junipers

m&m
08-19-2002, 07:12 PM
does anyone know of an appropiate chemical to use ........i have an old school teacher who has junipers all in the front of her house.....problem is, right now the bermuda and other weeds is growing thru it...........id like to treat it or give her the name if she wants so she can treat it but we dont want to harm the junipers.......that is the only catch and right now i am dumbfounded......thanks for the help

thanks for the help,
m&m

CSRA Landscaping
08-19-2002, 08:43 PM
Just hit the F2 key ....

Fusilade II

m&m
08-19-2002, 11:11 PM
thanks a lot fella....appreciate it

Green Pastures
08-19-2002, 11:51 PM
f2 is what the guys at Lesco sold me today for the same thing. Go easy on the app rate and expect several apps to completly kill it.

Scott

CSRA Landscaping
08-20-2002, 12:00 AM
One app will get the majority of it. Takes a few weeks to burn off, though. A second app. will be necessary, maybe a third. I have an account that I have to give #2 to tomorrow. Good luck.

parkmaster
08-25-2002, 03:05 PM
have the same problem on one of my properties.
used roundup must wear gloves to do this it works
wear gloves, moisten small rag and wipe plant with
roundup. takes time depending on how much you have
in junipers

thfireman
08-26-2002, 10:40 AM
I agree with using Fusilade II but it will only kill the grasses and not the broadleaf. The only way I know to get the broadleafs out is to either hand weed or use a wick and round up.

If anyone has a better way to get the broadleafs out let me know.:D

mcambrose
08-30-2002, 10:12 PM
I use Poast or Vantage. It has to be mixed with crop oil and may need two applications. it is a grass herbicide and will not harm the junipers. Also works good on getting bermuda out of monkey grass.:)

TurfGuyTX
09-02-2002, 11:24 PM
I always have good results with Fusilade II.

Lacebark Boy
09-08-2003, 12:21 PM
I have had excellent results with "over the top". I think Fertilome makes it. It too only kills grass. I have read somewhere that junipers are strangely enough, unaffected by roundup. If this is true then you could spray directly on the junipers. I would definitely check this out before spraying though. Good luck!
Lacebark Boy

heybruck34
09-11-2003, 08:49 AM
I am using Fusilade II to get rid of Bermuda in my fescue lawn. It looks as though it is working.

Someone on this forum had the idea of spraying 1/2 strength several times to make sure the fescue doesn't get burned out. This is what I am doing.

I believe Fusilade II is designed for plants and flowers- not necesarily lawns, but it can be used for either.

In the last two weeks my Bermuda has not grown at all and is not nearly as green as it used to be. I think this is from the 2 applications of Fusilade II.

turfsolutions
09-11-2003, 09:06 AM
In my area, the bermuda patches are really taking a foothold this year. They have spread very rapidly and are becoming a problem quick. Next season I will begin offering bermuda control and would like to hear more imput about Fusilade II for control in Fescue / Blue Grass lawns. I have never used it. I will be spot treating with Solo backpack sprayers. What rate do you mix and do you need any other adjuvants? What is the cost of the product?

One Degree
09-13-2003, 10:35 AM
I use a product called Ornamec. It is an "over the top" herbicide. It is labeled for over 500 plant species. You can spray the plants in the beds and not harm them. It is put out by Gordon's.

Ric
09-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Ornamec and Fusilade II are the same product.

Runner
09-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Yep. Same active ingredient. ;)