PDA

View Full Version : Bidding apartment complexs

pbruchon
11-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Whats the best way to bid an apartment complex?

I'm figuring either by the hr. or by the building (35.00 a building) the grass would probably take a grand total of an hour and a half for 8 buildings. I figure if I could bid $300, that'd cover mowing, trim, spray, blowing off walks etc. per visit

twice a month = $600.00 a month. any thoughts, to high?

studebaker48
11-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Whats the best way to bid an apartment complex?

I'm figuring either by the hr. or by the building (35.00 a building) the grass would probably take a grand total of an hour and a half for 8 buildings. I figure if I could bid $300, that'd cover mowing, trim, spray, blowing off walks etc. per visit

twice a month = $600.00 a month. any thoughts, to high?

well you have workers comp. , state and local taxes etc.. trucks ,fuel ,wear on equipment. You need to look at what your over all cost is per hour or per building and go from there add 30 to 100 percent or see what the average hr rate is.

bill them weekly get cash flow going

FoghornLeghorn
11-14-2010, 10:12 PM
We need more information. Are there any common areas, utility easements, retention ponds?

How much detail work, sidewalks, flowerbeds, etc?

Or you could just ask them what they currently pay, and if you can beat it, do it. Otherwise, don't waste the time and enthusiasm of waiting for a blind bid to maybe or maybe not come through.

ortegalawncare
12-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Don't just stick to one building price. Consider that there are common areas and utility units. You may want to charge a little extra for laundry buildings and clubhouses. Maybe add $5-$10 per building. Of course, you'll get a lot of cautionary statements on here telling you that Apartment complexes aren't worth it, as they tend to seek out lower prices more often than most other types of commercial jobs, so be wary.