PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my new Z-Spray Junior 36 today

JD2320
11-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Drove down to L.T. Rich. My second unit. I also have a 2007 Z-Max.
I can't say enough about how accommodating, friendly, helpful and service oriented Tom, Andy, Ray, Scott and everyone at L.T. Rich is and always have been.

Thanks Guys!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/Killswitch007/2010Junior36001.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/Killswitch007/2010Junior36002.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/Killswitch007/2010Junior36005.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/Killswitch007/2010Junior36006.jpg

gregory
11-05-2010, 04:21 PM
i got a 36 jr also back in 2007 yours looks different then mine. mine doesnt have the boom on it. i am very happy with my machine.....

just put a different gun on the hose and i am going to use it to spray my shrubs also this year.....

JD2320
11-05-2010, 04:38 PM
i got a 36 jr also back in 2007 yours looks different then mine. mine doesnt have the boom on it. i am very happy with my machine.....

just put a different gun on the hose and i am going to use it to spray my shrubs also this year.....

I've done that too with my max before I got a 300 gallon tree unit in my truck.

Yeah it's a little different. Boom now, suspension foot plate, better screens in the fert hopper, different motor, garmin GPS dealio which is cool. Black wheels which I hate.....gonna paint mine white.(maybe)

How does yours d squeezing through gates? I know it's gotta be tight and some it probably wont go through if the gate is mounted wrong etc....

gregory
11-05-2010, 05:07 PM
i use mine for my house only i built my gates big enough i dont worry about them.i installed the gps speedo a few months ago. put in the ss hopper screens also....

JD2320
11-05-2010, 05:13 PM
i use mine for my house only i built my gates big enough i dont worry about them.i installed the gps speedo a few months ago. put in the ss hopper screens also....

Dayum......good for you. That's a boatload of money to do your own place.

gregory
11-05-2010, 05:19 PM
My place has an acre of turf. and it was going to cost aboatload of money for someone to come and do it for me so i said screw it and got a 36jr. pushing a leso spreader thru st aust. grass is rough.

ric and green doc and roy have helped me alot....

its funny sometimes i can get better prices then ric does and he will just have me buy it for him....

grassman177
11-05-2010, 10:29 PM
nice machine, you will be happy i am sure since you own another zspray unit.

my fav is the max, i love that machine. hey, if you dont like the black wheels maybe we can trade for our almost new white ones as i really like the black much better!!

JD2320
11-05-2010, 11:08 PM
nice machine, you will be happy i am sure since you own another zspray unit.

my fav is the max, i love that machine. hey, if you dont like the black wheels maybe we can trade for our almost new white ones as i really like the black much better!!

Thanks GM

I dunno. I can paint them pretty easy. I don't even have to take the tires off. Just let the air out and break the bead, sand, prime and paint. :)

I just think the machines look better with white wheels.

grassman177
11-06-2010, 12:47 AM
just thought i would ask, i know, shipping alone is cost prohibitive i would guess, but i sure do like the black as the white get stained very badly, and washing is not my idea of good for a machine like that to do very often. just enough to not interfere with the runnings of things you know. i am however considering an acid bath or similar as discussed on here to bring back to new

JD2320
11-06-2010, 01:03 AM
just thought i would ask, i know, shipping alone is cost prohibitive i would guess, but i sure do like the black as the white get stained very badly, and washing is not my idea of good for a machine like that to do very often. just enough to not interfere with the runnings of things you know. i am however considering an acid bath or similar as discussed on here to bring back to new

Well yeah and dismounting and remounting tires etc....You can repaint those wheels pretty easy. Black, pink, whatever color you want. :) They are powder coated though so you need to sand them a bit for adhesion prime and paint

rcreech
11-06-2010, 07:30 AM
I got a new Jr this year and it had the black rims. A week later we painted both the Z Max and the PG rims black.

They look awesome and don't show dirt as bad.

The white rims on the Z before always looked dirty and now it looks like a stud! The PG even looks a lot stouter.

My vote is for black rims! :)

Ric
11-06-2010, 01:03 PM
My place has an acre of turf. and it was going to cost aboatload of money for someone to come and do it for me so i said screw it and got a 36jr. pushing a leso spreader thru st aust. grass is rough.

ric and green doc and roy have helped me alot....

its funny sometimes i can get better prices then ric does and he will just have me buy it for him....

Karl

I got to admit it is a little embarrassing that a homeowner can buy from one wholesaler at better prices than I do as a Business. But the history is the salesman was my student and failed the class long before he became a salesman for that supplier. It is a case of an other failed landscaper who became a expert counter clerk telling other how to fail also.

ted putnam
11-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Karl

I got to admit it is a little embarrassing that a homeowner can buy from one wholesaler at better prices than I do as a Business. But the history is the salesman was my student and failed the class long before he became a salesman for that supplier. It is a case of an other failed landscaper who became a expert counter clerk telling other how to fail also.

Some hold grudges a very long time!

gregory
11-06-2010, 06:40 PM
yes he does...........

Ric
11-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Some hold grudges a very long time!

Ted

A little more History is this guy is as dumb as a Ginger Bread man or really holds a grudge. He couldn't pass a materials calculation class(8th Grade Math) and he is now selling fert & squirt products. Last time I ordered two pallets of shrub Fertilizer from them he messed up and didn't ship a Prepaid order, because he held the order instead of giving it to the warehouse. Now I am sitting without any Fertilizer that is already paid for and a scheduled application for the next day with help lined up. I get on the phone and the Fool(see Below) gives me the we will deliver it next week on our regular day, sorry. Short story the warehouse manager was making a deliver that night at 8 pm. The poor guy had to unload the pallets by hand with a Skid Steer sitting right there because no one was there to operate the skid steer. The regular deliver truck has a Piggy Back but the warehouse mgr was in a smaller truck without a Fork Lift.

JD2320
11-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Ted

A little more History is this guy is as dumb as a Ginger Bread man or really holds a grudge. He couldn't pass a materials calculation class(8th Grade Math) and he is now selling fert & squirt products. Last time I ordered two pallets of shrub Fertilizer from them he messed up and didn't ship a Prepaid order, because he held the order instead of giving it to the warehouse. Now I am sitting without any Fertilizer that is already paid for and a scheduled application for the next day with help lined up. I get on the phone and the Fool(see Below) gives me the we will deliver it next week on our regular day, sorry. Short story the warehouse manager was making a deliver that night at 8 pm. The poor guy had to unload the pallets by hand with a Skid Steer sitting right there because no one was there to operate the skid steer. The regular deliver truck has a Piggy Back but the warehouse mgr was in a smaller truck without a Fork Lift.

Are you telling us that you buy from JDL and the kid charges you higher than walk in homeowner pricing and maybe screws up your orders on purpose? JDL or whoever....I'd be on the phone to corporate, yesterday. Why do you put up with that Ric?

grassman177
11-06-2010, 10:01 PM
no joke, buy fron somwhere else, like fast. there is no need to put up with "fools" at all, in fact i would tell him just what was on my mind no doubt. F that Ric

JD2320
11-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Side by side of the 2007 Max and New Junior. I haven't washed the Max for winter storage yet. Pic was taken today. Washing and changing oil tomorrow. It's already been winterized. Hey has anyone changed Hydro oil and filters yet? I'm gonna do it in spring. I'm also goin g to attempt to redesign the side deflector to curve it at the bottom to make it work a little more like the Lesco deflector. I wish LTR would address that.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/Killswitch007/001.jpg

RABBITMAN11
11-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Side by side of the 2007 Max and New Junior. I haven't washed the Max for winter storage yet. Pic was taken today. Washing and changing oil tomorrow. It's already been winterized. Hey has anyone changed Hydro oil and filters yet? I'm gonna do it in spring. I'm also goin g to attempt to redesign the side deflector to curve it at the bottom to make it work a little more like the Lesco deflector. I wish LTR would address that.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/Killswitch007/001.jpg

They are........

JD2320
11-06-2010, 11:31 PM
They are........

Maybe I will ask Andy, and get the new version if they are. Seems like an easy modification to the design. Couple bends is all it needs. Be cool if it was on an actuator too to put it in place and retract although I can reach them from the drivers seat.

If you can contain the prills better it will save time with cleanup or eliminate it altogether.

grassman177
11-07-2010, 12:27 AM
also they are at least mechanizing it, but i am sure they will chime in, like my dad who saw them at GIE.

I have been very happy with mine, i have tweaked them a bit, but i feel that is ok to do as we have bent them on our own accord anyhow at some point of another.

I actaully think ours is the best i have used as far as deflectors go. I have used scotts( pretty darn good), lesco, jrco and the lt rich. the ltrich is by far the best and cleanest to use and has less come out the rear and bottom of the deflector than the others.