PDA

View Full Version : Pic of moles - ruining my recently renovate lawn.

1966vette
11-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Pic of moles - ruining my recently renovate lawn.
Check out these pics;
I got frustrated today & I flooded three tunnels. The hose ran for 5 min before the tunnel was full but I did not see a single mole. Thus, these unwanted moles must be an extensive tunneling system ungrounded.
Iím currently watering the area where the moles are to get the soil soft so I can roll it flat & than cut it short to identify the tunnels & replace the traps.
A guy @ work told me to try antifreeze in the hole. Iím trying to grow a lawn not protect an engine from freezing.
Another guy told me to try chewing gum.
I tried the worms w/o much luck. You never know if you killed the dam thing & I still have the moles so I have to assume it did not work.
I have (3) traps & plan to purchase (2) more to increase my change of kill these unwanted pests.
Any help w/ be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Andy

White Gardens
11-07-2010, 11:12 AM
A six-pack, a lawn chair, and a shovel.

Take a Sunday and sit and watch the hills. As soon as one moves, dig the sucker up.

I've never tried Talprid, but some say it works.

JD2320
11-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Why do you have two traps five feet apart on the same trail?

grassman177
11-07-2010, 03:02 PM
damn, looks like pocket gophers more than moles, sure you after the right varmit

RABBITMAN11
11-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Try a shotgun! You will be aerating at the same time

achezmn
11-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I've had success with a product called mole max. I'm not sure why it works, it just does. I apply 2 times a year and it keeps them out of my yard. it usually costs around $15 a bag.