PDA

View Full Version : Advice!! Who has hired someone to do invoicing, scheduling, etc.

joallen001
11-06-2010, 06:00 PM
I am looking at hiring someone to take care of all my office work. It is getting to the point where I need to be out in the field more instead of doing office work. I would need someone to print schedules, invoice, make deposits, etc. My accountant receives all my bank statements and records all expenses in quickbooks. I simply record all receipts and put them in a vanilla envelope cause sometimes she asks what a certain expense was for. I currently used lawn pro to do all my invoicing. I record all my checks in lawn pro and I also record them on a spreadsheet in microsoft excel. Lawn pro sometimes has glitches so always have a backup in excel if needed. I thought about switching to quickbooks and qxpress but my account already records everything in quickbooks. I would like some recommendations on what program I should use if I hire someone to do my books. I have thought bout trying out gopher or clip also. I just worry about someone else doing my books on lawn pro. I know all the glitches with it but someone new will not. Also what about when customers pay cash how do you keep up with this and know your book keeper isnt stealing? Any suggestions, advice, etc?

LB1234
11-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Two or three seasons ago I hired someone to come in every week for about 2-3 hours a week. There job was entering all the receipts in quickbooks, organizing the file cabinets, reconciling CCs and bank accounts, and filing away contracts, proposals, paperwork, etc. I paid them a salary of $150.00 a month (on the books). This person was worth their weight in gold. FYI, I utilized quickbooks and it was easy for them to use AND for me to check. Due to a bad economical time I had to let her go a few months ago. I'm slow enough were I can spend the few hours a week in the office doing remedial tasks like expense filing.

At the end of the year I provide my accountant with a copy of my QBs software for the fiscal year and they do their thing and return to me a copy with all the necessary changes and the like along with all my tax filing BS.

One thing I don't understand...do you have any idea what your expenses actually are versus your budget if you just hand your receipts off to your accountant? What I like about quickbooks is being able to look at my company snapshot and see how I'm faring economically.

joallen001
11-07-2010, 09:46 PM
I record and keep up with all the receipts. My accountant receives my hard copy of bank statements. I view all the expenses online and get reports from quickbooks any time I need them.

LB1234
11-07-2010, 10:17 PM
that's good. You may want to look closer into Qbs or some other accounting software. It seems as if it would save you a step or two.