PDA

View Full Version : I need help!!!!

qlchustler
11-07-2010, 07:42 PM
I have been in lawncare for 17 years now, I mainly do maintenance and a little landscaping. I want to start spraying lawns. I have had my spraying license for over 5 years now, but have never put them to use. HERE IS WHAT I NEED HELP WITH

I need a 5 step program for transition zone.
Where can I gain the knowledge you fellas have.
WHERE DID YOU LEARN ABOUT SPRAYING,( books, online, etc)

I KNOW EVERYONE WAS IN MY SHOES AT ONE POINT.

SOME ONE PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

I want to do this right, any help will be greatly appreciated. maybe I can return the favor one day.

JD2320
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
call your county extension service and spend the winter taking classes, reading and understanding books, online materials, and reading here. Start out slow.

Most of the guys here (I would assume) got their knowledge and training working for someone where they did this all day all year, then went out on their own. You are at a disadvantage, but call your county extension service tomorrow and tell them you need help learning.

Look into the associations in your area that sponsor this kind of work. They will or may also have some training classes and valuable information for you.

You've just been born. You need to learn how to eat, chit, walk, and talk. It won't happen overnight. And shouldn't for obvious reasons.

thomsoutdoor
11-07-2010, 08:13 PM
What JD2320 said. also If you have a local Lesco dealer around they are usually glad to help and call somebody like tru green and other competitors see what they have to offer. Keep your prices competitive and don't be the cheap guy.