PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cards

STL Cuts
11-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Last year I used this website and this design http://www.cardscheaper.com/details.php?ItemID=10119

Each year, I bake a loaf of pumpkin bread and hand deliver each one to the customers' houses. Last year I found the site above and included one of those cards with the pumpkin bread to each customer. Gotta say, people love it, espescially the older ones! It takes a couple hours of baking, but the rapport you build with customers is definitely worth it.

Anyways, this year I'm planning on doing the bread again, but don't want to give them the same card. This is the best one I could find throught this website, imo, http://www.cardscheaper.com/details.php?ItemID=10193

Anybody have any other sites where you have found good cards that specifically relate to the lawn industry.

Also, this year I did 30+ aerations, many of them were first time customers that simply received my door hanger and called. I have all their information in my database.

Do you think the whole pumpkin bread and card might be a little overkill, espescially since I have just serviced their property one time for an aeration? I'm thinking just mailing them a card would be the best route here. Any thoughts on that?

GunnPropertyServices
11-07-2010, 10:02 PM
i always send cards never did the bread thing but sounds like a good idea. I use vista print not sure if they have lawn related cards, i send reg cards, i would just send Christmas cards in the mail to the first time customers

Lehighlawnpros
11-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi STL,
I just wanted to say that I respect the time and effort that you are putting into customer relations, it's definitely a good investment.

STL Cuts
11-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Hi STL,
I just wanted to say that I respect the time and effort that you are putting into customer relations, it's definitely a good investment.

Thanks!

Nobody else on here does Christmas cards???

Bumpmaster
11-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Usta; not sure if I received any response. My customers normally give me pumpkin bread, soup, cookies, shoe, act. Not me however.

TJS Lawn Care
11-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I plan on sending Christmas cards this year. I also send new customers a letter thanking them after first service and it outlines all of the services we offer...

PS-can I get on the bread list? :laugh:

ajslands
11-08-2010, 03:17 PM
How do you make pumpkin bread?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bumpmaster
11-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Ah hate to get all political but I think Aboma might be able to help you out their.

ajslands
11-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Usta; shoe,

you only recieved one shoe?! I would have asked for a refund! :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Bumpmaster
11-08-2010, 03:21 PM
YA great Idea but I am a little shy. Any kinda tip from a customer is greatly appreciated.

fl-landscapes
11-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks!

I do every year. Cards to all customers gifts to the real important ones.

ajslands
11-08-2010, 03:37 PM
YA great Idea but I am a little shy. Any kinda tip from a customer is greatly appreciated.

You're not the only one, many of us including me are shy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bumpmaster
11-08-2010, 03:45 PM
You're not the only one, many of us including me are shy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure if is so much as being shy as to knowing exactly what you want to say and having trouble finding people to say it to and then finding yourself at a lose for words.

stickleylawncare
11-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Vistaprint has one lawn care card for Christmas, its got a guy mowing between Xmas trees wearing a santa hat. I went a head and had a few made up, going to send them out to all of the regular customers and also include a survey card for feedback/improvement etc.

Bumpmaster
11-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Should not be that hard to believe but even around here the grass grows on the Holidays. I normally just put a couple of flags on my equipment to designate that I know it is a holiday.

JB1
11-08-2010, 04:00 PM
I mail out calenders and some engraved bottles of woodford reserve to some top ones.

Bumpmaster
11-08-2010, 04:05 PM
I do have high hopes of mailing a fruit basket to all of my customers after they pay their final bill in full. :usflag:

93Chevy
11-08-2010, 04:10 PM
I always send out cards to my customers. I just buy a box of cheap cards and make sure I actually write neat.

rain man
11-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Its a good business move and its a nice jesture but I mostly limit christmas giving to my family and those I am close to.

Bumpmaster
11-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Its a good business move and its a nice jesture but I mostly limit christmas giving to my family and those I am close to.

and maybe a small gift basket too some of the best customers, or at least the best would be a great goal to achieve.

cheapcuts1
11-08-2010, 05:12 PM
I will be sending most of my customers past due bills with their x mas cards .!

Bumpmaster
11-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Oh gees: the chair I was sitting on almost tip over reading that comment.

CLS LLC
11-08-2010, 05:36 PM
www.pauloxmanpublishing.com

Click on Gardening and Landscaping on the left.

Sanity Clause
11-08-2010, 06:19 PM

Ho Ho Ho!!! I have my eye on you young fella. Remember that Sanity is watching you. Wouldn't want me to hold back on the presents now would you? Ho Ho Ho!!!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm going to send cards again to my best accounts.

gasracer
11-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I have done this every year and I get good response to it. This year I am sending calenders with my my business card printed on them. Here is a site you can get things done cheap.
http://www.magnetsusa.com/

STL Cuts
11-08-2010, 07:33 PM

:laugh:

I have done this every year and I get good response to it. This year I am sending calenders with my my business card printed on them. Here is a site you can get things done cheap.
http://www.magnetsusa.com/

How much do those run you?

www.pauloxmanpublishing.com

Click on Gardening and Landscaping on the left.

Now this is what I was looking for! I really like item # x2276

Do you recall how much they cost? I would be looking to probably buy 75 or so.

gasracer
11-08-2010, 07:45 PM
:laugh:

How much do those run you?

Now this is what I was looking for! I really like item # x2276

Do you recall how much they cost? I would be looking to probably buy 75 or so.

How much do those run you? It depends on your design. Some are around 35 cents each. 100 minimum.

RGM
11-08-2010, 08:03 PM
I send cards to every customer been doing it for at least 10 years and it works for me. I buy some cards at the wal mart Christmas and seasons greeting got to be politically correct. Try to get them out by the 2nd week of December so they have time to send you one back hopefully with a tip. Which works out for me around the holidays.

f50lvr2
11-08-2010, 09:01 PM
I like the loaf of bread idea. I also run a small custom t-shirt business with my brother on the side so we send out a nice letter and a shirt with our logo on it. It's also a good opportunity to pick up shirt orders and people really seem to appreciate it.

lawnscraper
11-08-2010, 09:44 PM
i always do a holiday card. one year even did a box of holiday cookies but now i have more customers and that will be pretty pricey. i did magnetic calenders last year and think i will do them again.

DitchDr
11-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Did it last year, had a great response. The week after Christmas I hit up all the drug stores and wally worlds to buy the out of date Christmas cards to use this year.

Were gonna be in 2 Christmas parades this year so I will had 4500 cups made up wit hte company name and logo on them. Gonna put candy a card and stuff in them to give out at the parade, the rest will be given to my regular customers.

STL Cuts
11-08-2010, 10:08 PM
I like the loaf of bread idea. I also run a small custom t-shirt business with my brother on the side so we send out a nice letter and a shirt with our logo on it. It's also a good opportunity to pick up shirt orders and people really seem to appreciate it.

I like the T-shirt idea. If you lived in STL, I'd say lets do some trading, I'll make all pumpkin bread for you and you could hook me up with some shirts.

I'd recommend trying out making the pumpkin bread. I can't tell you how great of a response I have got. In my case particularly, I service a lot of elderly customers and some of them mentioned how thankful they were that I stopped by as they didn't have any other family that would be in town for the holidays. If you're a younger guy like myself (I'm 20), I think it goes over even better.

Baking the bread really isn't that bad either, pretty easy to do.

I kind of like the calendar idea people have been mentioning, might have to look into that as well.

Keep the responses coming!

JB1
11-08-2010, 10:19 PM
I also have given out microwave popcorn with the company name and logo imprinted on the bag.

f50lvr2
11-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Maybe I'll try the bread thing. Hopefully I can get it out of the house and to the customers without eating it!

I do a lot of elderly people as well (that's what she said) and I've heard the same thing about them being alone on holidays. I think you're right about them noticing more when you're younger because a lot of them think of our generation as hoodlums etc. so when you're nice to them and treat them with respect it really stands out.

Texas Lawn
11-09-2010, 09:58 AM
i used to do fresh cookies and a coupon book for my services attached with a personal note to each. Like many have said, it takes time but pays dividends

stan the man
11-09-2010, 10:39 AM
i do Xmas cards to all my accounts. all my accounts give me xmas bonus. also i do free turkeys for Thanksgiving for my full time accounts.

STL Cuts
11-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Bump

One more thing I'm looking to get some feedback on.

With the cards I send to the "new customers"/the ones that called in for an aeration I'm going to add a $10 Gift Certificate to be used in the 2011 season. I forgot I even had these laying around until I found them today. Gotta love Vistaprint, I got like 50 of them made for all of like $10.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
11-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks!

I send Christmas cards. I give smoked hams to a couple of my best customers.

stan the man
11-12-2010, 07:57 AM
I send Christmas cards. I give smoked hams to a couple of my best customers.

i bet they love that ham. i know my accounts love the turkeys that i give them.only my full time account get the turkeys free.my not full time account have to buy them for me and they do. i rise the turkeys on my farm.

rollinrock
11-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Here's my two cents:

I would use post cards more often to stay in contact with my clients. Every holiday gives you an opportunity to have a conversation with your clients.

You should buy a daily planner and take a look at each month and decide how you are going to promote yourself to our existing customers. Post cards with an offer work great. Tell them if them for example this is good for 48 hrs before the holiday being promoted.

Also, a few ideas jumped into my head as far getting fresh baked goods made. Do you have any old nice old ladies living in your neighborhood? Hit them up and see if they would like to make a few bucks.

Also I would try to look for gifts that stick. Like keychains, magnets, pens, etc. Very cheap to get done. Look locally for these types of goodies. You wold be surprised at how much they cost.