PDA

View Full Version : My Arsenal

JD2320
11-08-2010, 02:05 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/Killswitch007/TruckandEquipment2010012.jpg

RABBITMAN11
11-08-2010, 02:40 PM
What do you use the tractor for?
Posted via Mobile Device

JD2320
11-08-2010, 03:00 PM
What do you use the tractor for?
Posted via Mobile Device

Aerating. I have a Ryan 48" aerator that goes on it. Might pick up a slit seeder for it sometime if work requires it. I may also mount a carry all and carry a 100 gallon sprayer on it for commercial tree work.

grassman177
11-08-2010, 05:15 PM
i will caution you to put a 100 gal tank on that little tractor. we have a onehundred tan k for the same purpose, but it is on a way bigger tractor and it is close to pushing it, def makes the front end light! ours is pto pump.

nice set up though, i take it you dont mow? also, is that a self storage? is that where you keep your machines? curious, i have seen it done before where one does not want to store things at the house, or does not want commercial ground themselves

grassmasterswilson
11-08-2010, 05:43 PM
i'm getting a red x.. i could see it earlier but not now???

JD--- i see you have a z spray max and based on the hopper a jr. Can you tell a big difference in operating the 2 machines? I have a jr and i'm weighing my options to add an auxillary 18 gallon tank in place of the hopper or just getting a max. Looking to increase my liquid capacity, but also need agitation.

rcreech
11-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Aerating. I have a Ryan 48" aerator that goes on it. Might pick up a slit seeder for it sometime if work requires it. I may also mount a carry all and carry a 100 gallon sprayer on it for commercial tree work.

I am not aware of a GOOD slice seeder for that size of tractor
If u know of one let me know
I have a 48" Land Pride on my B3030 and it too much for it
That is why I am get n another Deere

U put a slice seeder on that ride and it will look like a space shuttle ready to take off
:)
Posted via Mobile Device

JD2320
11-08-2010, 07:58 PM
i will caution you to put a 100 gal tank on that little tractor. we have a onehundred tan k for the same purpose, but it is on a way bigger tractor and it is close to pushing it, def makes the front end light! ours is pto pump.

nice set up though, i take it you dont mow? also, is that a self storage? is that where you keep your machines? curious, i have seen it done before where one does not want to store things at the house, or does not want commercial ground themselves

No that is my place. I just have a lot of doors on my shop. :laugh: Of course its a storage place. Heavily secured and patrolled, and locked.

I have 250 lbs of counter weight that goes on the front of the machine and the 3PT is rated to lift 1440lbs, 1150 @ 24" I can always add some more counter weight in front for a heavy load but I hear ya.

I would have gotten a 3 series but they are a little big and would screw me out of using them on some areas because of their size.

JD2320
11-08-2010, 08:02 PM
i'm getting a red x.. i could see it earlier but not now???

JD--- i see you have a z spray max and based on the hopper a jr. Can you tell a big difference in operating the 2 machines? I have a jr and i'm weighing my options to add an auxillary 18 gallon tank in place of the hopper or just getting a max. Looking to increase my liquid capacity, but also need agitation.

Just get a Junior with at least one 7 gallon aux tank like I have. You'll be fine. I am sure they could even add a second auxiliary tank making your capacity 32 gallons. It's also possible to run 1/4 ounce nozzles to extend your square footage. If you do granular you're going to want that spreader on there.

JD2320
11-08-2010, 08:09 PM
I am not aware of a GOOD slice seeder for that size of tractor
If u know of one let me know
I have a 48" Land Pride on my B3030 and it too much for it
That is why I am get n another Deere

U put a slice seeder on that ride and it will look like a space shuttle ready to take off
:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I am a little concerned about that. I don't have one now and may never have one. I'd have to find something that would work and check specs on weights. It's only really to do new construction if anyone ever swings a hammer again around here. I would like to have one for renovations which is really my specialty though. Do you know of one that's on the lighter side of life? I have counterweights too and could modify it to run a lot more. Maybe you could too. Like another set of weights in front of the current weights.

JD2320
11-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Creech you must have an OS1548. They weigh in at 1300 lbs dry. That's definitely the seeder of choice.

They have lighter weight versions that are ground driven or electric motor driven like the APS 1548 but yours is great for over seeding existing soil and looks like what I think of when I think 3pt over seeder.

Last time I even ran a big over seeder like that was with a big ford tractor and I think it was a Jacobsen 72 inch.

I'll have to look into it more. Right now it's not even on the table, but I want to know what I want and what I can lift if it ever is needed.

JD2320
11-08-2010, 08:45 PM
This Befco unit looks kinda cool and gets good reviews especially for new construction. You can have slice blades on it or swap out to a tiller deal that prepares the soil bed kind of like a Rotodairon.

http://www.befco.com/products/green-rite/greenrite.html

grassman177
11-08-2010, 09:54 PM
howmuch is the befco? not bad, but lighter duty. depends on the load you wish to use it under you know.

our version of counter wieghts is the new loader we put on our kubota! haha, it works great for that .

do you store material at that site, and mix etc, or what. i am not trying to bust your balls, but have reservations about that kind of thing. i hated filling and storing when we were just running out of our houses(we all had something stored to spread the burden). it made me nervous and the impressions of onlookers was a constant worry.

all good though, no biggie, i am glad to see what is going on with you. you have great taste in equipment()save that ugly green tractor) and you should be set for a long time with good maintenance.

rcreech
11-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Creech you must have an OS1548. They weigh in at 1300 lbs dry. That's definitely the seeder of choice.

They have lighter weight versions that are ground driven or electric motor driven like the APS 1548 but yours is great for over seeding existing soil and looks like what I think of when I think 3pt over seeder.

Last time I even ran a big over seeder like that was with a big ford tractor and I think it was a Jacobsen 72 inch.

I'll have to look into it more. Right now it's not even on the table, but I want to know what I want and what I can lift if it ever is needed.

It is an OS1548.

As far as not having a big enough tractor...you don't only have to worry about weight...but also the lift arms. Not only that but you will not have near enough pto power. If you hit a high spot the tractor will just die on you.

On the front of my B3030 if you look I have 450 lb on the front of it. Problem is yes you can counter weight it...but I have also went through several 3 pt lift arms. And the Kubota I have is much large then your unit.

If you are looking at slice seeding you HAVE to go with the OS series.

The key to a GOOD slice seeder is weight. The heavier it is...the better knife penetration you get.

The APS series is useless IMO. If you are just looking for a seeder to do new lawns I would look at the Primary seeder (I have a 72" and love it) or Brillion also makes a great unit.

rcreech
11-08-2010, 10:23 PM
This Befco unit looks kinda cool and gets good reviews especially for new construction. You can have slice blades on it or swap out to a tiller deal that prepares the soil bed kind of like a Rotodairon.

http://www.befco.com/products/green-rite/greenrite.html

VERY LIGHT UNIT!

Looked at them a long time ago!

Weight is what you want or it will just walk on top of the ground.

JD2320
11-08-2010, 10:25 PM
howmuch is the befco? not bad, but lighter duty. depends on the load you wish to use it under you know.

our version of counter wieghts is the new loader we put on our kubota! haha, it works great for that .

do you store material at that site, and mix etc, or what. i am not trying to bust your balls, but have reservations about that kind of thing. i hated filling and storing when we were just running out of our houses(we all had something stored to spread the burden). it made me nervous and the impressions of onlookers was a constant worry.

all good though, no biggie, i am glad to see what is going on with you. you have great taste in equipment()save that ugly green tractor) and you should be set for a long time with good maintenance.

I don't store a lot of product ever. My JDL dealer is right in the center of my service area so anymore I never have more than a pallet of fert on hand. I also have an enclosed trailer where I keep a few cases of control products in. Any chemical stored at the facility is in 2.5's and set into plastic trays to contain any spills if they have been opened. I'm also well stocked with spill kit's, PPE, saftey equipment etc. I may be the most legal operator in the area from what I've seen and heard. I've been inspected by the Department of Ag too and were cool to go. When I was doing commercial snow I had 20 tons of salt stored in a unit...lol

I am a little concerned about fertilizer prices next year like RCreech has spoken too, and if I had the place to keep it I'd order 40 tons or so now, but I currently don't.

I own TNH stock and it's going up and up and up. Tells me that fert prices will be too. That's the way it worked in 2008.

GravelyGuy
11-08-2010, 10:47 PM
I used to keep a lot of my stuff at a storage place like that, but when they found out that I had fert and tons of equipment with gas tanks they said it wasn't allowed.

JD2320
11-08-2010, 10:51 PM
I talk to the owner at least once a month and have been there for five years so I think I'm past that. It's privately owned by some farmers, not a chain. I run a pretty clean operation too, so, and I am only there once a week or so. Lot of guys store race cars, and classic cars at this place. I also get a smokin deal. 10 x 30 for 100 a month.

Buck_wheat
11-09-2010, 04:48 AM
oooohhh... ahhhhhh!

Looks like you are armed for bear