PDA

View Full Version : Strobe light help

ZKSLAWN
11-08-2010, 09:22 PM
So ive been thinking about installing some hideaway strobes.. im going to order 8 Amber and 4 White.. my plan is to have the two white ones in the 3 brake light and the other 2 in the reverse lights. than the amber will go to the front two signals.. and 5 in the cab lights. I know its different and i dont know of anyone whos done it before so i wanna try it.. now if im correct for the four signal lights i cut a small hole into them and just mount the lights..

Now is there room to put the bulbs into the top third brake light?

Also How can i wire up the cab lights to stay on like usually than switch to the strobes when i want?

And i looked and cant find any good info so if anyone can tel me if its illegal to have those 4 white ones in the rear in ct that would be great.

minitrk
11-09-2010, 10:07 PM
You can not alter the 3rd brake light to flash, Fed law. You can put them in the front markers and tails though. As for the cab lights I seriously doubt there is room for a strobe, those strobe heads are rather big. Here is what the DOT has to say about it...
The CHMSL is required to illuminate steadily; it is not permitted to flash except in certain cases under severe braking.

ajslands
11-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Why don't you do 6 clear strobes. And if you don't do 3rd brake, do 4 in the tail lights (2 in rev lights (one on each side)) and 2 in the headlights.
Posted via Mobile Device

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Why are you primarily using them for???? Plowing???? If it was me i would not do the front!
I personally hate seeing them reflect off my plow and back in my eyes....drives me nuts after plowing for 15 hrs!

R & R Yard Designs
04-20-2011, 09:11 PM
I have 6 strobes in the Ford two in the front two in the cargo and two in reverse lights. Plus about 20 or so leds.
Posted via Mobile Device

Porkins
04-21-2011, 11:31 AM
These are pretty cool (Click Here) (http://www.strobesnmore.com/atomic-led-factory-roof-led-warning-lights.html). Also LED Hideways are smaller and don't heat up the housings like Strobes do. Just an FYI.

ajslands
04-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Why are you primarily using them for???? Plowing???? If it was me i would not do the front!
I personally hate seeing them reflect off my plow and back in my eyes....drives me nuts after plowing for 15 hrs!

The don't reflect off your plow, the snow and ice that builds up on you vehicle lights prevents that.
Posted via Mobile Device

STIHL GUY
06-07-2011, 11:35 AM
why dont you just save your money and buy me some hideaways for my truck and then itll look sick when were plowing lol