PDA

View Full Version : Looking to change from quickbooks

limaint
11-09-2010, 12:24 AM
been using quick books for the past few years and its been ok, but it lacks "detail". I like it for a quick look to see where we're at but for certain things its just not there. Basic estimates/invoices are ok, but for scheduling and multiple quotes I'm just not satisfied. I'm thinking of going to groundskeeper pro/ and blizzard buster but the price is steep and wanted some input before we drop the cash on it. wanted to compare groundskeeper, gopher, and the new lawn pro software... any input would be appreciated...

Thanks........

cgaengineer
11-09-2010, 06:10 AM
Non are a replacement for QB, you will still have to have QB. I have LawnPro and I have yet to figure out how to make it work.
Posted via Mobile Device

PROCUT1
11-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Quickbooks is primarily the accounting program for your business. The "books" essentially. I would not get rid of it.

There are programs that interface with QB to do what you are looking to do.

I used Qxpress for years and it was excellent. Interfaces perfectly and did everything I could have needed. Estimates, routing, scheduling, maps, you name it.

limaint
11-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Most likely I'm going to keep the QuickBooks for the accounting...but really like the features on groundskeeper pro, it allows you to store customer comments and conversations(notes), History, service schedules, Daily services, routing, Chemical application and tracking reports, surcharges,mulitple quotes for one customer... seems like its more oriented towards landscapers. I'd buy it but the price has me hesitating. I guess it would be worth it if it works.

I would use it for daily operations and put the figures into Quickbooks weekly or monthly for accounting.

LawnoftheMonth
11-09-2010, 09:00 PM
I use groundskeeper pro and I like it well enough, but I just bought a copy of quickbook to see if I like it or not.

gasracer
11-10-2010, 08:51 AM
We was looking at some of the software talked about in this thread because I am needing something for schedules.We use Quicken for business now for invoices. The Gopher Pro looks like a good program for that. The Groundskeeper Pro is pricey.