PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Care to Post their Contract form

4 seasons lawn&land
11-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I have to bid a commercial where the contract is not supplied. So I'll have to make it up. Just looking for a couple professional examples to go off of. Thanks

kennc38
11-09-2010, 05:24 PM
I have to bid a commercial where the contract is not supplied. So I'll have to make it up. Just looking for a couple professional examples to go off of. Thanks

Here is a sample from NC State's Ag Dept. Good luck.

psdnate
11-09-2010, 06:22 PM
This is from the total green industry biz package book thing that I bought from this site.

Detailed Contract Example To Provide After They Accept Proposal

General Contract For Services

This Contract For Services (this “Contract”) is made effective as of April 1, 2009, by and between Johnson & Smith Properties of 873 East Street, West Lake, Washington, 90003, and ABC Lawn Care of 123 Main Street, West Lake, Washington, 90004.

In this Contract, the party who is contracting to receive services will be referred to as “J&S Properties”, and the party who will be providing the services will be referred to as “ABC.”

DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES. Beginning on April 1, 2009, ABC will provide to J&S Properties the services in the attached proposal (collectively, the “Services”).

PAYMENT FOR SERVICES. In exchange for the Services, J&S Properties will pay ABC according to the following schedule:

Monthly Payments (12 equal) as follows: April 2009 thru March 2010 $965.00

If any or the entire amount due according to this contract has to be collected by or through an attorney, J&S Properties agrees to pay all attorney and collection fees related to the collection of the amount owed.

TERM. This contract will terminate automatically on March 31, 2010.

WARRANTY. ABC shall provide its services and meet its obligations under this Contract in a timely and workmanlike manner, using knowledge and recommendations for performing the services, and provide a standard of care equal to, or superior to, care used by service providers similar to ABC on similar projects.

ABC will provide all necessary tools, equipment, and labor needed to perform the Services.

This warranty does not include the installation of plants, shrubs, ground covers, trees, or other forms of vegetation. Any and all landscape installation services not included in the scope of this Contract, which would be agreed upon separately, will be guaranteed for one (1) calendar year. This guarantee does not apply if plants, shrubs, ground covers, trees, and other forms of vegetation installed by ABC do not survive due to lack of proper owner care (consistent irrigation if necessary, etc.) drought, flood, vandalism, or other acts of God, or any other destructive result not directly related to ABC.

DEFAULT & CANCELLATION. In addition to any and all other rights both parties have according to law, if a party defaults by failing to substantially perform any provision, term, or condition of this Contract, including without limitation the failure to make a monetary payment when due, the other party may terminate the Contract by providing written notice to the defaulting party. This notice must describe in detail the nature of the default(s). The party receiving such notice shall have 30 days from the effective date of such notice to cure the default(s). Unless waived by a party providing notice, the failure to cure the default(s) within such time period shall result in the automatic termination of this Contract. If this Contract is terminated, the account balance must be paid in full at the end of the effective date for termination of this Contract.

ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Contract contains the entire agreement of the parties. Verbal agreements expressed or implied will not be honored. All agreements must be in written form. This Contract supersedes any prior written or verbal agreements between the parties.

SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Contract will be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, including by a court of law, the remaining provisions will continue to be valid and enforceable

AMENDMENT. This Contract may be modified or amended, but only in written form, and only if the writing is signed by both parties obligated under this amendment.

GOVERNING LAW. This Contract shall be construed in accordance with the Laws of the State of Washington.

NOTICE. Any notice or communication required or permitted under this Contract shall be sufficiently given if delivered in person or by certified U.S. Mail, return receipt requested, to the address set forth in the opening paragraph or to such other address as one party may have furnished to the other in writing.

ASSIGNMENT. Neither party may assign or transfer this Contract without prior written consent of the non-assigning party, which approval shall not be unreasonably withheld.

There are no other agreements or warranties made by ABC, whether expressed or implied, other than specifically stated in this Contract.

The specifications and conditions in this Contract are satisfactory and hereby accepted by both parties providing signatures below.

Service Recipient:
Johnson & Smith Properties

By: ___________________________________________

Charles A. Johnson, Co-Owner

Date: ___________________________________________

Service Provider:
ABC Lawn Care

By: ___________________________________________

John F. Little, Owner

Date: ___________________________________________

yardatwork
11-09-2010, 07:10 PM
My "contract" consists of a handshake and the terms are...if you're not happy with my work, cancel at anytime...if I think you're a PITA, I can cancel at anytime. And...this is exactly what I tell them.

4 seasons lawn&land
11-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks, both very detailed wordings, they will help.

My contracts are also the simple handshake deal too but you cant do that with commercials that just need the full groundkeeping package bid. From plowing, to mowing and everything in between including chem apps, rodent control, spring/ fall cleanups. And has to exclude things that they might think are included for some odd reason, like a storm damage.

starry night
11-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks, both very detailed wordings, they will help.

My contracts are also the simple handshake deal too but you cant do that with commercials that just need the full groundkeeping package bid. From plowing, to mowing and everything in between including chem apps, rodent control, spring/ fall cleanups. And has to exclude things that they might think are included for some odd reason, like a storm damage.

Yes you can, if you are dealing with honest people. It just takes a simple proposal.

4 seasons lawn&land
11-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I want a simple proposal. One that is also Professional.

starry night
11-09-2010, 08:52 PM
I want a simple proposal. One that is also Professional.

Written: Here's what services I will provide and here's the price.
Spoken: We'll do a better job than somebody else. If you ever disagree, you may hire somebody else.

The only customers I have ever lost was because THEY went out of business.

Customers are banks, better restaurants, professional offices, high-end retail.

JD2320
11-09-2010, 09:31 PM
My "contract" consists of a handshake and the terms are...if you're not happy with my work, cancel at anytime...if I think you're a PITA, I can cancel at anytime. And...this is exactly what I tell them.

My kinda guy. My contracts are very simple and don't say a whole lot more than that and a few other things, including price, payment terms, insurance requirements, dates, names, sigs, etc.

jlouki01
11-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Send me an email contactus@tru-scape.com and I will send you a couple different ones I use.