PDA

View Full Version : Giant leaf bag is Sweet!

Elite LawnCare
11-10-2010, 08:40 PM
I received my giant leaf bag in the mail today and went to work. The property we were on was about an acre and a half with at least 20 large maple trees. I had my guy blow out the beds/ect and I sucked up the leafs with my Ferris fast vac. I took the bags off and hooked the giant 40 bushel bag up and it holds WAY more, very efficient. I was surprised I could still maneuver well. The material is very strong, I ran it down the road, across stone drive way and thru the woods to dump, no problems. Tomorrow I am doing another heavy leaf cleanup that took 4 hours last year and is about 1/2acre I will post pictures and let u know how long it takes.
http://www.lawntractorleafbag.com/id68.html

STIHL GUY
11-10-2010, 08:54 PM
looks like a pretty good idea...especially since leaves fill up the regular bagger so quickly

Elite LawnCare
11-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Yeah if your using regular bags for your operations this thing is defiantly the way to go. I seen them last year...I wish I went with it than. Even if your using something to suck the leafs into a truck/trailer you could dump them in front of the leaf loader. You could probably get away with sucking 3/4 of the giant bag out and than dump the rest.

ICT Bill
11-10-2010, 09:06 PM
most of the guys i see have a very large burlap bag that they literally drag beside the mower, they have several in the truck and as they fill them up they just move them to the curb and come back the next day and pick them up

collect one day with one trailer and pick up the next with the dump trailer

they must be 12 to 14 feet long, you could probably sew them together easily yourself and have got to be dirt cheap

knox gsl
11-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Will most of the lawn waste dumps let you dump burlap bags in with the rest of the lawn waste. It seem that they will mulch and decompose like the rest of the organic material.

ICT Bill
11-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Will most of the lawn waste dumps let you dump burlap bags in with the rest of the lawn waste. It seem that they will mulch and decompose like the rest of the organic material.

I think they empty them and use them until they are worn out

good idea though I would think the composting place would have no issue with burlap unless it screws up their tub grinders

Elite LawnCare
11-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Where do you find a burlap bag that big? The opening on this bag is big enough to fit around where the bags hang and has a double draw string. It seems like the bag will last quite a while. All but one of my leaf jobs I can dump on site, makes it easier.

CTmower
11-12-2010, 02:09 PM
I made something very similar last year for my WB and it only cost me $12. I purchased a 8x12 heavy duty tarp from Harbor freight along with a package of zip ties. Measured the circumference around my Grass Gobbler and folded the tarp to those specs and secured the corners and edges with the zip ties. It definitely wore out towards the end of the season but it saved a ton of time, instead of having to empty out the gobbler every pass I was able to make 10-12 passes before emptying. Might try it on the Turf Tiger next season and see how it goes

MarcSmith
11-12-2010, 03:25 PM
look like it put a lot of pressure on the bagging unit to be dragged...looking at the pics on the web site the bagger is leaning backwards like it pulling on the discharge hose...

MLAWCARE
11-14-2010, 02:12 AM
look like it put a lot of pressure on the bagging unit to be dragged...looking at the pics on the web site the bagger is leaning backwards like it pulling on the discharge hose...

It looks like a good idea but I have the same opinion that it will have to much pressure on the bagging system.