PDA

View Full Version : For those who do it all...

TX_yardguy
11-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Alright, this may be a hard question to answer due to many variables etc. But here it goes...
For those of you who do complete lawncaresuch as mowing, fert & squirt, bed maintence etc (specifically commercial accounts like HOA's) what would you say is the percentage breakdown for the fert service as far as income.

For example, you service an HOA and you bill them $25,000 total for the year. What percentage of this is for the fert & weed control?
Thanks!

grassman177
11-11-2010, 08:08 PM
um, totally not answerable as far as if you are looking for clues on pricing. everyone has different prices, plus i mean, there is different programs and number of apps, and not to mention square footage? how much is it, could be small, could be huge.

sorry man, i dont think you are going to get the info you are wanting. maybe rephrase your question so we can be more specific with our answers.

jasontimm
11-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I'd have to agree with grassman, hard to answer, but for example if i charged 100 per mowing and we mow about 26 times a year -$2600 dollars, we do 5 apps at 200, thats $1000.00, bed mant. $800/yr so total annaul -$4400.00, % of fert 27% i just did a figure on a small property we do (very small) thats the best i can do for you.

TX_yardguy
11-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Basically, I am bidding on an HOA property. The common grounds are very spread out and cut up. I estimate the cummulative property to be equal to approx 40 residential lots (1/4 acre). I have been asked to supply a bid for the chemical apps only. Somebody else will be doing the mowing, trimming, beds, etc...
I have never done any commercial properties. As far as residential I usually charge $25 for the trip out there and then $3 per 1,000 sq ft. So a typical 5,000 sq ft yard is $40.
For this property I was thinking of charging $1250 each time I go out there (They want 5 visits) I will also be treating ant mounds as needed.
Your thoughts?

jasontimm
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Basically, I am bidding on an HOA property. The common grounds are very spread out and cut up. I estimate the cummulative property to be equal to approx 40 residential lots (1/4 acre). I have been asked to supply a bid for the chemical apps only. Somebody else will be doing the mowing, trimming, beds, etc...
I have never done any commercial properties. As far as residential I usually charge $25 for the trip out there and then $3 per 1,000 sq ft. So a typical 5,000 sq ft yard is $40.
For this property I was thinking of charging $1250 each time I go out there (They want 5 visits) I will also be treating ant mounds as needed.
Your thoughts?

well, if you have 40 yards, and they are 5000 sq serviceable, and you charge 40 for 5/k thats $1600 dollars, then you are giving a discount being everything is close, i'd say you are offering a very reasonable price. jmo

grassman177
11-11-2010, 10:55 PM
given the terms as above, good price really

TX_yardguy
11-12-2010, 12:35 AM
given the terms as above, good price really

well, if you have 40 yards, and they are 5000 sq serviceable, and you charge 40 for 5/k thats $1600 dollars, then you are giving a discount being everything is close, i'd say you are offering a very reasonable price. jmo

Thanks fellas!