PDA

View Full Version : leaf sucker poll

godzilla
11-11-2010, 09:59 PM
For those of you who have truck loaders AKA leaf suckers, when picking up leaves, do you prefer to drive up to a single pile, or a windrow?

WorldsStrongestLandscaper
11-11-2010, 10:14 PM
I say one big pile because why have one guy driving and one guy feeding when u can just make one big huge rock solid pile and use the guy that was gonna drive for the final cut or something? Stick one of your guys who pissed u off earlier to disect the twisted pile of acorns sticks and oak leaves! We use a turf sweeper so making a pile only makes sense. :weightlifter:BIG STEVE B WSL:weightlifter:

Mowbizz
11-12-2010, 11:13 AM
One big pile near the street (or driveway) because on "most" jobs I can't get my leaf trailer anywhere else but the street or a driveway.
I have, however backed down into a backyard through a narrow slot between the house and a stone wall...around a curve no less...don't want to do that again!:dizzy: Actually had to take part of the stone wall apart to clear my front wheels...nutty!:hammerhead:

stan the man
11-12-2010, 12:20 PM
one pile so i don't have to get in and out of the truck to move it. a lot my account put them in windrows on the side of the driveway and road. in and out of the truck moving it . i try to have one of my crew with me or with them doing windrows make it easy and save time.

sven1277
11-12-2010, 10:05 PM
A line right at the curb. One guy sucks while the other drives slowly.

STIHL GUY
11-14-2010, 07:54 PM
usually one big pile by the street or if its a big lawn ill do more than one pile by the street on opposite sides of the lawn