PDA

View Full Version : GO I LAWN reviews opinions

ron greentree
11-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Just signed up for it a week ago and was all excited kind of disappointed now couple wrong addresses which would be ok if it wasn't $3.00 a pop today went to measure a commercial property that is large sure enough here comes 3 of the (walking man) wich means you pay an additional$3.00 for everyone total cost 15 bucks seems over priced but over all i will use it till i find something else

Bill S
11-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Go I Lawn is a great tool to get your measurements. Even if you are off one property, you should have all ready seen the property, know what it looks like and you move over to the right yard. No extra charge to do the neighbor.

I have saved so much time with this and my mulch measurements are spot on...

johnclark023
11-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Have you checked ur local county site? My county parcel search allows me to do the same thing. I have used goilawn and its expensive. We use a realgreen software and they were going to buy goilawn and got screwed so they developed their own system called measurement assistant. And they charge $0.85c per property with no extra charge per view like goilawn. Theirs is $0.25 preview of the house
Posted via Mobile Device

ron greentree
11-13-2010, 04:55 PM
I see what you are saying bill but we service people as far over an hour away and going to look at the property then paying 3 bucks to measure it just does not make a lot of sense to do all that for lets say an $80 aeration lots of price shoppers and I am not going to be the lowest price so the person who wants it done for $40 wont wast my time and I wont wast theirs I am very personable with all estimates and tend to gain peoples trust weather over the phone or in person I like it but if I where to put a price on it it would be .99

ron greentree
11-13-2010, 05:01 PM
haven't checked into that yet I have been looking into the realgreen pretty heavily have to see how the winter services go before i could make that leap seems like the real deal

johnclark023
11-13-2010, 05:23 PM
It ia the real deal for sure! Lots if program integration though. Its definitely worth the cost. You'll see a big ROI if u have the clientelle. Tons of reports to pull helps to analyze data fast!
Posted via Mobile Device

Gmgbo
11-16-2010, 07:30 PM
I use http://www.measurefromouterspace.com/index.cfm its free

nepatsfan
11-16-2010, 08:06 PM
I use http://www.measurefromouterspace.com/index.cfm its free

sweet site...thanks

TheGoat
11-17-2010, 12:41 AM
definitely!

nighthawk117
11-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

willretire@40
02-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Goilawn is expensive to me.

oldlawnguy
02-23-2011, 02:20 PM
I use google maps first to make sure that it will pull up the right address or at least take a look at the neighborhood if I think there will be an issue. Also, I was under the impression that with every address it included 4 walking man maps too.

limaint
02-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Too expensive...especially with the wrong addresses.

willretire@40
02-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Once they get a competitor it will drop in price.
Posted via Mobile Device

srl28
02-24-2011, 03:55 PM
I dont see how its so expensive,

We just bid 20 local bank locations with it, got the square footage to figure mowing and fert. prices. Its a muhc more clear picture than google earth. But I will say this, all the time I was using go ilawn I was running google earth as well to use the street view portion to get a more closer look at the front, streetside, etc look of the property. Like anything else its not a magic wand but it has its uses and applications.

lawntennis
02-25-2011, 07:26 PM
been using goilawn and love it. I have been measuring neighborhoods I want to send a bulk mailing to. I can do around 100- 200 lawns in some areas for the price on one. Great marketing tool.

hunterpreferred
02-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Started using it last year. Works great as long as you check the address with Google, like others here have said. I like that once you measure the property it puts all the info into a excel spread sheet to keep track of everything. Only problem I have here is the photos they use are from 2006. A lot has changed since then.

lukemelo216
02-27-2011, 02:09 PM
I like goilawn, but my biggest beef is paying to view a property multiple times. Sometimes when I am bidding something, I dont always have the time to finish my measurements at that time. Maybe I have 30 minutes before a meeting or something else I have going on, and start measuring things, then I save it and go back and im charged to view that property again. Yes I could leave the information open, but I work from my laptop so I have to shut it all down when I go from the office to home. Thats annoying.

It only occurs on larger properties im bidding since they generally take longer to measure, whether in goilawn or in person

daveyo
02-27-2011, 05:18 PM
I like goilawn, but my biggest beef is paying to view a property multiple times. Sometimes when I am bidding something, I dont always have the time to finish my measurements at that time. Maybe I have 30 minutes before a meeting or something else I have going on, and start measuring things, then I save it and go back and im charged to view that property again. Yes I could leave the information open, but I work from my laptop so I have to shut it all down when I go from the office to home. Thats annoying.

It only occurs on larger properties im bidding since they generally take longer to measure, whether in goilawn or in person

Not true, hit the workspace tab and save your work, while you save it and rename it keep the extension or it won't re load, go back anytime and measure anything you want again no extra charge. Believe me I use it and its better than anything free out there its way more detailed. I can measure multiple homes with one charge, I'm currently bidding a community over 10 acres with 220 units, common areas, basins, baseball field, tennis court areas, pool areas, its way cheaper than if I had to go and physically measure all of that.

lukemelo216
02-28-2011, 12:30 PM
I know how to do that. But if you save it as a workspace file with the .lwn extention, and close it. Go back and open it up again, it charges you for another transaction. I just tried it. I went under my account, looked under the pay as you go summary, and it had 10 purchases, opened up a project im working on (workspace file) did some work. saved it and closed it. Logged back in and went to my account and clicked pay as you go summary and it went from 10 to 11

lawnangel1
02-28-2011, 01:09 PM
It's a great product, but way too expensive. I know roughly what each neighborhoods average size is and I use Bing maps to verify.

BrunoT
04-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Their promo code in this issue of Turf Magazine (TM4) doesn't appear to work. Not a terrible idea if you're not concerned about slopes, obstacles not in the photos, new landscaping or fences added since the photos were done, bizarre features in the grade, that new trampoline, cars parked hanging over the lawn, the fact that the lawn is water logged for 3 days after it rains, etc. Beats not seeing a place at all. It might be more suitable for apps.

I've bid a couple of places using this sort of product when I got contacted late in the week and didn't want to make the drive over on the weekend for a residential prospect. Even without the aids included with this product you can judge a lot size based on objects in the field of vision and experience with the neighborhoods. Without fail there will be a little something you didn't count on from the view you get (which is quite good, but not like ground level).

It probably helps being able to fire off a faster bid than others on residentials, but the downside is increased risk of "surprises" when you arrive. And I don't think too many people would accept a "provisional bid" where you later hit them with other fees for stuff you didn't see in the pics. Sounds too much like a bait-n-switch. Overall my guess is bids will be too low on average using this unless you just add a premium on everything to cover yourself. Most home lots here always have some time-wasting screwup you have to deal with.

On large or commercial jobs, you'd have to be crazy to bid them sight-unseen. Too much is at stake.

BrunoT
04-11-2011, 06:34 PM
I see what you are saying bill but we service people as far over an hour away and going to look at the property then paying 3 bucks to measure it just does not make a lot of sense to do all that for lets say an $80 aeration lots of price shoppers and I am not going to be the lowest price so the person who wants it done for $40 wont wast my time and I wont wast theirs I am very personable with all estimates and tend to gain peoples trust weather over the phone or in person I like it but if I where to put a price on it it would be .99

I would say these type of services would be invaluable to this sort of situation. One-time jobs for fairly low dollar amounts, where you simply cannot make any money if you have to drive around giving the bids. You still risk some surprises when you arrive, but it offsets that by saving you so much drive time.

chris@perfectlawncare
04-12-2011, 10:30 AM
I didn't read closely when I tried goilawn... it costs money for each view. Rookie mistake. But I guess it makes sense for guys that are doing 15-30 estimates a day. I just don't have that much business yet
Posted via Mobile Device

CLScaper
05-21-2011, 04:25 PM
What's wrong with google earth??

Charles_4
06-19-2012, 02:46 PM
I've been using goilawn for a couple years now to do bids when I'm out of town or just can't schedule an on-site measurement. I wish that I would have seen this thread before I started using goilawn. You have to buy 100 transactions to get in on the $3.00 price. Far worse, I've noticed that goilawn does not always give me accurate measurements. Part of that is simply because property boundaries can be more difficult to discern online. However, I have had some random transactions that have been really off. I measured one place at 20K when it was actually a 13K. That kind of mistake should have cost me the bid. The worst, though, was a 30K which was measured up as a 4K using goilawn. I had another worker mowing that lawn, and it took over a month before I found out about the discrepancy. I don't know if anyone else is having the same issues, but I definitely recommend getting a physical measurement when possible.

I do plan to try out http://lawncaretoolbox.com/index.cfm though. If it turns out to be accurate, I may use it the next time I am out of town.

headz77
06-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Have you tried findlotsize.com? It has been pretty accurate for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

MowandGoLandscape
07-18-2012, 04:17 PM
www.findlotsize.com free and works pretty good!

lazyike
09-18-2012, 09:25 PM
goilawn has cost me plenty this year in wrong size measurements (not in my favor) off by as much as 10,000 sq. ft (this ads up for spraying) and for wrong search locations and billing me for it, it would be nice if it would bill you once you click on a measure tool instead of when it sends you to an address.... I am done with this company.:angry:

ryde307
09-19-2012, 12:28 PM
I also use findlotsize.com its free

GILGirl
02-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Ron,
You are allowed to walk into 4 other pictures when you look at a property on Go iLawn before you are charged again. Each "walk" doesn't cost $3. You are also prompted with a dialogue box that tells you when that will occur, so if you are about to spend another $3, you will have to decide that you are going to before it happens.

If you're having trouble locating the properties, use the street address with zip code to locate it. It will literally look for the property boundaries for the address, so it's very accurate.

For commercial properties, check out the neighborhood view. It shows you more geography in a photo. Some people measure entire residential subdivisions from the neighborhood view for $3.

Real Green charges $.85/search after you buy the software, somewhere between $5k and $10k, then the measuring assistant module on top of initial software purchase.

You can also only measure one property at a time for your $.85, whereas in Go iLawn you can measure as many properties as you can see for your $3 search.

Call the Go iLawn support team if you need help. A person will answer your phone call, live chat or email quickly if you contact them during business hours. If you contact them over the weekend they get back to you first thing Monday.

Efficiency
02-01-2013, 08:55 PM
And best of all, you get to work with Alle! You need this to grow your business
Posted via Mobile Device

TriCityLawnCareLLC
02-02-2013, 12:28 AM
Measure map for IOS is free and does the same thing-download the app. I've tried GoIlawn three times and it wasn't user friendly enough and I ended up spending more money than was necessary. As for company, we don't plan on using GoIlawn again
Posted via Mobile Device

TriCityLawnCareLLC
02-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Measure map for IOS is free and does the same thing-download the app. I've tried GoIlawn three times and it wasn't user friendly enough and I ended up spending more money than was necessary. As for company, we don't plan on using GoIlawn again
Posted via Mobile Device

As an update:

I still don't plan on using GoiLawn because the system we are using now works for us. BUT Alle, did contact me regarding my previous comment looking for feedback. I gave him my honest opinion and he seemed to have taken it to heart and much of what I mentioned.:usflag: they (GoiLawn team) seem to be in the works of fixing. Bottom line, they are very involved with their product and want it to succeed.

dannywilliams519
01-27-2014, 11:35 AM
I purchased 100 measurements from GoIlawn last year. When I purchased them, there was no expiration on using them. Several months later I received a notice saying there was now a one year window in which to use them before they went away. Personally, I think that is pretty crappy, and I feel like it is unethical to change terms after terms are agreed upon and payment has been made. :nono: Now for the gripe with the product itself. About half of the properties I have looked up have shown satellite imagery that is four and five years old. In a developing community, that translates into being given an image of a field, where an apartment complex has been constructed for over two years. I understand that they don't take new images every month, but two years? Come on, the free site, Findlotsize.com has updated imagery that I use when this happens, and rarely fails me. So shouldn't a paid site have the more up to date info? Also, the more up close "property views" that they use to promote their product, don't even exist in my area. (It's not like I live in BFE, we're talking about Little Rock AR) On a positive note, their systems and implementation of measurement tools is great. Much better than the free sites iv'e seen. But if there is no image to measure, that doesn't really amount to a hill of beans does it?!:mad:

GILGirl
01-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Danny thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about Go iLawn. I understand your frustration with our policy on imposing an expiration on Go iLawn search credits. We studied our customer base before making this decision, and one year of usage on a purchase was typical for the majority of our users. If you feel you need more time to use your searches, we would be happy to work with you and roll the expiration out. Please contact our office and speak with myself (Alle) or Chris.

As for the images you are viewing, I checked today and Little Rock, AR has 2013 high resolution photography at all levels (property, neighborhood and directionals). After a quick review of your search history, some properties you are looking at have these photos and some don't. This is probably because you are looking at some towns outside of Little Rock, which would have different photos than Little Rock itself.

Our coverage areas and what type of imagery we can provide typically depends on the county the property is located in. Counties get flown by our imagery provider for tax assessment at county request. A typical schedule is every 18 months to 2 years, however with the difficult economy we have seen some areas slow down their schedule. Counties also decide if they want just major metros flown, or major metros and surrounding areas. Unfortunately, these decisions are out of our hands. We purchased photos from a second provider to help areas that were outdated by our primary provider get newer images. These are the 'satellite' views you are looking at. These are also aerial photos as they were taken from a plane too, they are just not as high res as the other images, as you have encountered.

Fortunately, if a county does in fact get flown, we can show you the newest imagery when you search for your property. If you have any questions about the photos within Go iLawn, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Efficiency
01-27-2014, 01:49 PM
I purchased 100 measurements from GoIlawn last year. When I purchased them, there was no expiration on using them. Several months later I received a notice saying there was now a one year window in which to use them before they went away.
Be thankful you got notice. This is the first I've heard of this nonsense. I think we have 200 or so in our bucket. That's a shame Alle. Chris knows I'm disenfranchised with you all, this is just the final kick in the gut. Whose idea was it to implement a money grab like that? That's just stealing.
Posted via Mobile Device

GILGirl
01-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Be thankful you got notice. This is the first I've heard of this nonsense. I think we have 200 or so in our bucket. That's a shame Alle. Chris knows I'm disenfranchised with you all, this is just the final kick in the gut. Whose idea was it to implement a money grab like that? That's just stealing.
Posted via Mobile Device

We notified all of our customers several times over several weeks, so you should've received notice. Our goal was definitely not to steal anything from anyone. As I mentioned to Danny, we studied our user base, and one year is typically how long it takes the majority of our customers to use the searches they purchased. If you feel that isn't enough time for you, let us know and we'll roll your expiration date on any searches you haven't used from a previous purchase.

fbfd1610
03-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Agreed...Measure Map is great. I started with the regular version and then got the pro. Just pay for the app and nothing else, you can do everything Goilawn does plus it's easier moving around on the map if you can't find the exact address...in other words, you will not get charged 2-3 times for skipping into other map areas. I was disappointed in Goilawn and the changes they've made since their start. The price increase per address got out of hand and then they stopped the pay as you go and gave guys no option except to pay for more than they may use by having to buy blocks of searches. I guess they only need to market to the big companies that pay the bills now and not the smaller guys who helped them get started. I emailed them last year about the pay as you go accounts that were getting cancelled...they were quick to respond, but only with a politically correct answer and really no explanation of why.

Efficiency
03-02-2014, 03:03 PM
So word on the street is that the owner of GIL (who sold groundmasters to brickman) is back in business. They are rumored to have taken the MVG account for snow this winter. Think there is a conflict of interest here with GIL (and ultimately groundmasters part 2) having access to all your measurements at their whim? If they can access your past measurements as it seems they might be able to, it would appear you are paying to measure for them. If I'm wrong Alle, please say so, but I don't think I am. All this comes from a reliable mutual contact.
Posted via Mobile Device

GILGirl
03-03-2014, 11:06 AM
fbfd1610- I'm glad you found a property measuring solution that works for your needs. Measure Map is a completely different solution than Go iLawn. It offers satellite imagery that you measure with your finger. You can only use it on an iPhone or iPad, and aside from the differences in the quality of the imagery, it's features are also not as robust as what Go iLawn has to offer. As for the pay as you go plan, after much research and analysis we determined that it was not a sustainable pricing model. We work with several data providers to make Go iLawn work like it does. We have fought hard to keep the costs low and offer the service at an affordable rate. We are lucky to work with companies of all sizes, and the packages that are available on our website were designed after studying our customer base. They werenít designed to cut anyone out or only work with a certain type of client. If you change your mind and would like to use Go iLawn again, we would love to have you back.

Efficiency- We donít store any measurements at all.