PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good price for a 300 Gallon Tank Sprayer?

lawnlandscape
11-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote photo attached. I added to options to the stock options.
1) Added a way to rinse out the pump without the unit being empty
2) Added a gravity feed to empty the tank or fill a ride on sprayer

I also took the better engine they suggested. I hope this quote will show up good.

Any suggestions or other things to look for?

ted putnam
11-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Very Good Price. I'd get it if I were you. Where are you getting it from?

fl-landscapes
11-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Very Good Price. I'd get it if I were you. Where are you getting it from?

look like www.contree.com

lawnlandscape
11-12-2010, 07:29 PM
look like www.contree.com

yes from contree. I would pick it up in February, but they want 20% down to guarantee that price.

Snowy66
11-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Where in the midwest are you located. Got mine in Olathe KS. From Sprayer Specialties. It was under 3K

lawnlandscape
11-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Where in the midwest are you located. Got mine in Olathe KS. From Sprayer Specialties. It was under 3K

I'm in South East WI

RigglePLC
11-12-2010, 11:47 PM
For spraying weeds--fine. Sounds like the 6 gal per min pump (due to friction loss you only get about 2 gallons at the end of a 300 foot hose when using 100 pounds pressure). If you intend to apply more than about 2 gals per thousand, or if you intend to mix liquid fertilizer, or spray trees, you need a bigger pump and half-inch hose. Full, the water solution weighs about 2500 pounds, sprayer about 500--you need a heavy duty truck.
You may want a pulley on the starter rope so you can start the motor without climbing up into the truck bed. Make sure there is enough clearance to change the oil and the pump diaphragms.

lawnlandscape
11-14-2010, 11:16 AM
For spraying weeds--fine. Sounds like the 6 gal per min pump (due to friction loss you only get about 2 gallons at the end of a 300 foot hose when using 100 pounds pressure). If you intend to apply more than about 2 gals per thousand, or if you intend to mix liquid fertilizer, or spray trees, you need a bigger pump and half-inch hose. Full, the water solution weighs about 2500 pounds, sprayer about 500--you need a heavy duty truck.
You may want a pulley on the starter rope so you can start the motor without climbing up into the truck bed. Make sure there is enough clearance to change the oil and the pump diaphragms.

2 Gallons per K is what I was intending on spraying. I will not be spraying trees, but WILL be mixing in a liquid fert. Do you really think a need a bigger pump and hose just because of that? I need the 300' because we have some very deep properties.

And yes, we have plenty of heavy duty trucks.

RigglePLC
11-14-2010, 12:25 PM
My opinion...liquid fert will tend to burn the grass in hot weather due to the high concentration in the spray solution. A half pound of urea per thousand and a quarter of potash, is about the upper limit if you are carrying it with only 2 gals of water per thousand sqft. A concentrated solution will tend to draw water out of the leaf blade.

lawnlandscape
11-15-2010, 02:30 AM
My opinion...liquid fert will tend to burn the grass in hot weather due to the high concentration in the spray solution. A half pound of urea per thousand and a quarter of potash, is about the upper limit if you are carrying it with only 2 gals of water per thousand sqft. A concentrated solution will tend to draw water out of the leaf blade.

We tend to try to aviod any fert applications at all in mid summer anyway, unless the customer has a sprinkler system. I was thinking about doing a half pound of urea also, because I prefer to use granular for our fert, but would like a little shot whole doing our herb applications.