PDA

View Full Version : less leaves in CT this year?

supercuts
11-12-2010, 09:45 PM
i dont know if ive been doing this too long now and my perception is off, but it seems to me like there are significantly less leaves than last year. we didnt have much rain at all over the summer, perhaps the trees went into drought mode and didnt produce as many leaves. we still have alot, but even my pile of leaves were i dump is smaller than expected. anyone else notice less?

its been a great year so far, fair weather, dry leaves, even though we did have an inch of snow monday. 72 cleanups left

RodneyK
11-12-2010, 10:00 PM
We had pretty dry weather here also. Some dropped earlier and some dropped here and there along the way over the last couple months. It lead me to have less to clean up now...

Brad Ent
11-12-2010, 10:13 PM
72 left.... that is incredible!!! How many can you knock out in a day??

sven1277
11-12-2010, 11:07 PM
I haven't found there to be any less this year than in the past. We started off somewhere between 120-130 for the season. Still have a lot left.

bare spot
11-12-2010, 11:31 PM
i dont know if ive been doing this too long now and my perception is off, but it seems to me like there are significantly less leaves than last year. we didnt have much rain at all over the summer, perhaps the trees went into drought mode and didnt produce as many leaves. we still have alot, but even my pile of leaves were i dump is smaller than expected. anyone else notice less?

its been a great year so far, fair weather, dry leaves, even though we did have an inch of snow monday. 72 cleanups left

seamed that way to, at a few properties.

knox gsl
11-12-2010, 11:38 PM
I know here with the dry summer that most of our trees dropped alot of theirs over the last few months. I've had it easy compaired to last year with large piles of wet leaves.

THEGOLDPRO
11-12-2010, 11:43 PM
seems about normal for me.

soloscaperman
11-12-2010, 11:48 PM
A couple lawns seemed like there were less leaves but that is because of the drought and a small amount fell in late summer. I have one lawn that all leaves from the neighbors seem to blow on there lawn.

supercuts
11-13-2010, 08:26 AM
on some lawns where we take a full load out seems like 1/2 the leaves. but thinking back, last year was very windy and very cold early. the wind could have brought many out of the woods into the lawns. nov was bitter cold and as soon as we finished the first week of december it warmed up.

Think Green
11-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Right now, at this very moment, we still have a abundance of leaves still left on most trees. The weather has been off and on cool and warm. In middle November it is usually covered with leaves and wet...........not this season. There is an abundance of pecans, acorns and other seeds on trees--stress related production.
We have spent countless hours picking up leaves since july from drought conditions as weekly services kept going by intermittent leaf fall. As far as fewer leaves, yes for the time of year since most has fallen since july there are quite a few left after 3 small frosts. Trees are holding on and pulling sugar before the first hard frost for us. As of this--we haven't had a major frost yet.

punt66
11-13-2010, 12:48 PM
I have noticed it this year as well. Definetly less leaves this year!

hackitdown
11-13-2010, 05:24 PM
I am finding that the cleanups are going very easy this year...here in Massachusetts. I could easily take on more jobs.

4 seasons lawn&land
11-13-2010, 06:46 PM

Yes, everything is exactly the same here, right down to the inch of snow.

STIHL GUY
11-14-2010, 08:51 PM
a bunch of my accounts began dropping leaves much earlier so those were just mulched up in the weekly mowing...it seems like there are less during the cleanups now

2brothersyardcare
11-14-2010, 08:59 PM
less at least here

supercuts
11-15-2010, 08:47 PM
i checked against last year and they are coming down late. not that i want rain, but the rain tue/wen will hopefully bring down these leaves. there are alot that will not drop!

W.L.M.
11-15-2010, 09:21 PM
I am in PA and I have noticed the leaves to be considerably easier this year. Last year a few places I did 4 rounds this year I did 2 and I am done. Meant less money for me but after having a rough season I am enjoying the lull.

lawnguyland
11-16-2010, 08:43 AM
seems to be less leaves here on Long Island this year :walking:

Gmgbo
11-16-2010, 07:18 PM
All my leaf piles seem smaller then last year

stan the man
11-16-2010, 07:46 PM
not less here. i did a place today 1 full box. did it week 1/2 ago 2 boxes full week ago thank god for the vacuum

djlunchbox
11-16-2010, 08:30 PM
we're a new company, so i can't go based on last year, but at our manchester calls, the oaks and maples are still @ 60 percent leaves on the ground, and at our marlborough cleanup today, not a single leaf was left on the trees. go figure.

mjlawncare
11-16-2010, 11:20 PM
what ive noticed is theres no where near as many acorns as last year and yah cant complain about that

punt66
11-17-2010, 07:45 AM
what ive noticed is theres no where near as many acorns as last year and yah cant complain about that

ha? this is the heaviest acorn drop i have ever seen!

stan the man
11-17-2010, 08:57 AM
ha? this is the heaviest acorn drop i have ever seen!

me to. for the last 3 years it been a lot of acorn