PDA

View Full Version : AOLP conference..why attend?

niteliters
11-13-2010, 11:33 AM
my perspective. This conference, by itself, is going to be extremely informative and educational, as much or more than last years, I believe. I, like others here, took the knowledge gained from last years conference and turned it into income this year... That, by itself is reason enough to come. This location (the chaparral hotel) offers something unique I have never found at another conference. When going to a conference, out of town, where you don't know many if any of the others in attendance, you go to the classes and when over go sit in your little room...bored. some go down to the hotel bar for a $8 beer and maybe even meet some others and share a $30 cab ride to go down the street to a "fancy" restaraunt the hotel clerk recommended (you're on a trip, why not treat yourself...right?) for a $40 steak that wasn't that good. In the end, spent a lot of money, maybe small talked with a couple of contractors you'll never see again. Repeat that day 1 or 2 more times, then go home with a bag full of brochures, some business cards, product catalogs, and some notes you took, all getting put
in a drawer or buried somewhere in your office.

This years conference is being held at a the Chaparral. The first year I went to conference it was at the chaparral and I knew no one. every evening after the classes were over the hotel has a free mixer from 5:30-7:30. whether you drink or not, it's where most everyone goes, when there isn't a planned event. It was a great time for me to meet many others, contractors, distributors, manufacturers. They have a great bar/restaraunt upstairs where were allowed to slide tables together..the chairs are on rollers, so very easy to accomadate groups that can grow as the night progresses. More time to network. then your can go back to your room and continue the conversations because the smallest rooms still have a living area/kitchen/and dining area. I'll never forget my first year, sitting in someones room with a national distributor, vp from a major manufacturer, and several contractors from all over the country. It was an awesome learning experience that wasn't listed on the brochure. Have to get to work, hope this info is helpful

go to www.aolponline.org or other threads here for info on conference or hotel and prices. I'm selfish, the more of us that can be together, the more I will learn and grow my business :)