PDA

View Full Version : Fall Barricade Application and POA

Please_Be_Green
11-13-2010, 01:59 PM
My lawn peeps put down a fall application of baricade to keep the POA ANNUA from germinating... My request.

We'll now that we're at Nov 13 and with the super hot and dry summer we had, I can really see where all the spots of POA didn't fill in.

So now, I'm trying to figure out what I ask for in the SPRING and would like to know what the status of all the POA seeds which had fallen this past year.

Since they threw down the FALL-PRE, did those seeds attempt to germinate, but then failed making them useless?

Would it be feasible for me to skip the spring applications of PRE and do a spring over seed and sprout with a real late application (Late May) of PRE to assist with summer crab grass. (Lawn really has a very, very low population of weeds.

or

Do I just let them do their normal spring PRE application, allow the existing KBG to grow in the spots and have a heavy aeration and over seeding next fall.

It's not like there is huge areas of brown area, just a lot of 6"-8" circles throughout the lawn.

Thanks in advance...

grassman177
11-13-2010, 02:08 PM
option number two is your best bet, unless we are talking a larger area. it will take several years of applictions or pre and post to get rid of it, seeds last longer than just one cycle

azjojo99
11-13-2010, 04:31 PM
If you are hiring a professional, tell them the results you want and let them decide which products to use.

The biggest messes I make is when I listen to the customers and use the products they want. I thought I learned my lesson but I did it twice this year.

Please_Be_Green
11-13-2010, 05:47 PM
That's what I'm sure will happen but I enjoy knowing what they are putting down on my lawn.
Posted via Mobile Device