PDA

View Full Version : Sprayer Setup Help

TnToutdoors
11-14-2010, 09:54 AM
I have a 250 gallon tank i have inherited and was wondering if this would be a good start to a spray setup out of the back of the truck and if so what would you recomend using as far as sprayer and hoses? And what am I going to be looking to spend on a decent setup? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ric
11-14-2010, 10:38 AM
I have a 250 gallon tank i have inherited and was wondering if this would be a good start to a spray setup out of the back of the truck and if so what would you recomend using as far as sprayer and hoses? And what am I going to be looking to spend on a decent setup? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tn

First question might be is this tank Clean of toxic material that might effect the environment etc.

The two biggest expenses of getting started are the Tank and the Hose Reel. But not necessarily the hose.

There is a guy in my town who uses the cheapest set up possible and has for years very successful. He has a 200 gallon tank with a 5 GPM 12V pump working off his truck battery and a 300 ft 1/2 inch garden hose with a standard garden hose squeeze handle sprayer. He hand rolls the Garden hose in the back of his truck without a Reel. Years ago I did some pressure washing and hand rolled 200 ft of hose in the back of my truck. Hand rolling hose in a diver loop so it comes out easy isn't hard at all.

BTW Maverick the guy with the garden hose sprayer was once a branch manager of a large company with all kinds of fancy equipment. He sort of dropped out and does his own thing on the cheap while making good money. He is cool because he doesn't care what people think about his Economic Sprayer.