PDA

View Full Version : 7 Way Round Plug

GravelyGuy
11-14-2010, 12:55 PM
The 7 way round plug on one of my trailers has been giving me trouble the last couple of weeks. It pulls out just slightly and then my running lights don't work anymore. The brakes, brake lights, turn signals still work.

I'm thinking about just wrapping the end of the plug with tape to make it fit snug. I tried bending the metal connections to keep it in place to no avail.

GravelyGuy
11-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Nice, but $$$.

http://www.ezconnector.com/

eludemann
11-14-2010, 03:34 PM
I use a wire (piece of a marking flag) under the plug. It works pretty good.

GravelyNut
11-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Amtrak has the same problem with the HEP (480V 3~ AC ) plugs and connector cables. Simple solution is to use an o-ring of the right size to hold the cable and cover together. It works with the 7 pin plugs on trailers too. The o-ring will pull off of the cover if the trailer comes loose but the tab on the cover and plugs may not let go causing loss of the cover.

Evan528
11-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Gravelynut, I was just checking out the plug you posted at my trailer dealer this week. Its the first quality made trailer plug I have ever seen! Pretty impressive actually.... takes quite a bit of force to even unplug it. They quoted me $250.00 per truck/trailer combo.

GravelyNut
11-23-2010, 07:53 AM
Gravelynut, I was just checking out the plug you posted at my trailer dealer this week. Its the first quality made trailer plug I have ever seen! Pretty impressive actually.... takes quite a bit of force to even unplug it. They quoted me $250.00 per truck/trailer combo.

Thmks, but that was GravelyGuy, not me. :)