PDA

View Full Version : anyone benefit from advertising this time of year?

stevenf
11-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Been thinking of a big advertising campaign for landscaping and cleanups. Can be pricey and a big risk of no return this time of year in the south. Anyone here ever have good results with winter postcards, doorhangers, and ads ?
Posted via Mobile Device

bohiaa
11-14-2010, 02:17 PM
this year NO. I had employee issues and pulled most of my ads. long about OCT.
I always leave the smaller ones running.
But in the past 3 yrs "when we did advertise" we did very good.

tree work and such. you might want to try hauling too. we hit the jack pot on hauling.
people cleaning out there out buildings and such.

Best of luck

stevenf
11-14-2010, 04:37 PM
What did your advertisements Target most? What services did you list?
Posted via Mobile Device

TheBetterDoorhanger
11-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi - I don't want to intrude on your forum but I just wanted to mention if you are going to door hang or send out post cards you should request samples of our Band-It & Stick-It Products.They allow you to securely attach your advertisement to EVERY DOOR so they won't fall off & end up in the yard. PLUS the Stick-It allows the consumer to bring it inside & hang it on their fridge like they would a magnet so it will stay out of "the drawer" with your competitors ads. We also offer Stick-It Postcards for your direct mail ads as well which will work even on stainless steel refrigerators where magnents can't.

We have a great start up special on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It products and even offer free design services if you mention this forum post!
5,000 only $349
2,500 only $199
1,000 only $99
FULL COLOR PRINTING, GROUND UPS SHIPPING INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock

SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!
www.AdeasPrinting.com
866 - 778-4254
stickit@adeasprinting.com

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Where you live, might be worth it?

Here, late season advertising is pretty much a waste of money. People are sick of lawn related work. They are ready for snow to fall.

I do keep a small ad running year round in my local paper, just so people remember I am still around when next season rolls around.