PDA

View Full Version : Rate for Xmas Lights?

BCFLawnLandscape
11-14-2010, 08:39 PM
What's the going rate for hanging XMas lights? Have a few customers asking me if I could do it and I'm thinking of the idea. I don't have much else going on this time of year so why not right? Do you flat rate them or charge them hourly? If you flat rate how do you base your pricing?

Thanks!

David Gretzmier
11-14-2010, 10:29 PM
I price c-9's installed at 6.50 per linear foot the first year to sell, install, takedown and store that item. 2nd and 3rd year etc. is 3.25 per foot. these are the commercial c-9 cord from a 1000 foot spool custom cut to a home. I sell mini-lights at 25-30 bucks per 100 the first year to sell, install, takedown and store mini lights. I have used store bought mini's at this rate, but my mini's are the 3000 hour commercial strands available from wholesalers. 6 inch spacing is my choice. garland is $115 per 9 foot strand. this garland is a commercial product that is only available to members of HBL, but that price gets you very nice garland you can find on the internet if you look. wreaths are priced by size and how far up they have to be installed, but range from 150 to 800.

some folks rent items and charge less the first year, but what you do is up to you.

all these prices include timers, cords, clips, storage at our warehouse and providing 3 years of parts and labor warranty on everything.

make sure you have workman's comp insurance that covers employees on roofs, liability that includes roof damage coverage and electrical/fire coverage on clients homes. I would not carry less than 2 million aggregate and 1mill per occurance.

PlantscapeSolutions
11-14-2010, 11:45 PM
What's the going rate for hanging XMas lights? Have a few customers asking me if I could do it and I'm thinking of the idea. I don't have much else going on this time of year so why not right? Do you flat rate them or charge them hourly? If you flat rate how do you base your pricing?

Thanks!

If your hanging the customer's lights you better charge by the hour. You have no idea what type of problems you might encounter.

TPnTX
12-02-2010, 05:30 PM
David how do you price a tree wrap using minis?

lopersrule
12-05-2010, 11:26 PM
usually dont just hang lights for customers if its there product, too much can go wrong and can only have problems...we sell the product to the customer and charge flat fees for installation, takedown and storage

David Gretzmier
12-06-2010, 12:48 AM
usually dont just hang lights for customers if its there product, too much can go wrong and can only have problems...we sell the product to the customer and charge flat fees for installation, takedown and storage

Normally we do tightwrap mini's at 30 per 100. But beware, the market for folks willing to drop much more than 250 per tree is small, unless the customer only wants 2 or 3 trees done.
Posted via Mobile Device