PDA

View Full Version : Are spread widths really this different

Turf Dawg
11-15-2010, 08:11 AM
I am thinking about switching to some Andersons products next year. While I was looking at some of the labels I looked to see if they listed spreader settings for my Lesco spreader. What caught my eye was on a lot of the small prill products they had listed that the Anderson spreaders had a width of 11' and on the Lesco spreaders they listed a width of 5'. Is there really that much difference? This would seem like a lot less walking on larger properties. I could easily see 11' vs 8' but 11' vs 5' just does not seem right. If the cost is not too much more I would really rather use the nice uniform small prill products for better coverage but do not want to take twice as long to spread with my Lesco.

lilmarvin4064
11-15-2010, 09:58 AM
the spread widths should be about the same on both spreaders, but I do prefer the spread pattern on the anderson's. smaller prill ferts don't spread quite as far as larger prill ferts.

RigglePLC
11-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Five feet spread widths for the Lesco spreader?!! That must be a missprint. I used an 11 feet width (7 feet, tire print to tire print), when I used my Scotts spreader. I am sure the Lesco works about the same.
Depends on the speed of the spinner, hardness of granules, and application rate and more.