PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Service Auction in South Bend 11/18/2010

Childsplay
11-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Lawn Service Auction in South Bend, Indiana on 11/18/2010 at 5:30 pm. Here is a link to the Auction listing.

http://www.auction-info.com/viewauction.asp?AuctionID=397

Some of the equipment being auctioned:

Permagreen ride-on spreader/sprayer
2 - 300 gallon hydraulic spray rigs with electric hose reel
1 - 200 gallon hydraulic spray rig with manual hose reel
5000 lb lift forklift - propane
2001 Chevy 1-ton extended cargo van
2 air compressors
Commercial fertilizer spreaders
some fertilizer products
warehouse shelving
6 - 275 gallon totes of CMS (Concentrated Mollases Solids) - good for ammending agricultural land
several empty 274 gallon totes
Lots of office equipment, furniture, computers, printers

Hope to see many of you there!

Barefoot James
11-15-2010, 09:28 PM
whats the fork lift worth?

Childsplay
11-16-2010, 08:39 AM

Well, the short answer is, whatever you're willing to pay - its an auction. I've had the lift for 10 years, and it was old when I bought it. I've kept it well maintained, and it will lift a full skid quite high quite fast. Its like an old Toyota Landcruiser - not real pretty, but you can't kill it.

Childsplay
11-16-2010, 08:46 AM

Barefoot James - The business assets I am having auctioned off are from my company that I just sold - Child's Play Organic Lawns. Something else that I am selling is 6 totes of CMS, which was the base for my liquid organic based fertilizer, Liquid Gold. It's not compost tea, but is a mix of many high nutrient concentration ingredients. I'd be happy to talk to you about this product - you may want to consider buying this at the auction - it willl probably go pretty cheap. Reply back if you have questions. Hope to see you there.

Barefoot James
11-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Don't have a fork lift! That why I asked how much is the lift worth - obviously at an auction someone will offer and you accept or decline - I was just asking what is it worth? How about the Molasses? What is it sold for and what do you think you will sell for? I guess the answer is - "whatever someone will pay" Sorry I asked.

Childsplay
11-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Don't have a fork lift! That why I asked how much is the lift worth - obviously at an auction someone will offer and you accept or decline - I was just asking what is it worth? How about the Molasses? What is it sold for and what do you think you will sell for? I guess the answer is - "whatever someone will pay" Sorry I asked.

Forklift - probably $1k - $2k
Mollases - I paid about $100/ton when I bought it, plus the cost of the 265 gal totes.

jonthepain
11-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Why are you selling the business, if I may ask?

Childsplay
11-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Why are you selling the business, if I may ask?

I moved my family to the Kansas City area from the South Bend area for personal reasons. Business was doing fine, but we needed to move.

Thanks for asking...

jonthepain
11-16-2010, 04:16 PM
You're welcome.

Good luck in KC! Will you be starting a new business there, or do you have something else in mind?

starry night
11-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Is TruGreen getting into organics in South Bend?