PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Industry going?

Green Scape
11-15-2010, 07:55 PM
I just thought I would see what LCO had to say about this. I am a lawn care company that doesnt mow, but just turf management, fert and squirt etc. Where is this business heading? Is the future secure, or will the next ten years bring so much change that I wont be able to secure my company's profit in the future? I may be opening a can of worms though......

fl-landscapes
11-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Not a can of worms, but you asked a question no one can answer. All answers will be speculation at best.

rcreech
11-15-2010, 09:18 PM
I think it will be interesting to see!

A lot will depend on how much the gov't tries to get involved.

Only time will tell!

southernprecision
11-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Will I get hit by a truck tonight? Will my Auburn Tigers win it all? No one knows!! My plan.... Supply the best service at the best price. Show up when I say, continue to seek education, work hard, train employees harder, and save all that I can. At the end of the day that is all we can do. One thing is for certain, some homeowners will always be intimidated by applying products to their lawn, or will be just too busy or lazy to do it on their own.

Green Scape
11-16-2010, 06:37 PM
I agree basically with all that, but I was just curious of other people's opinions. This past year was better than the year before....but what an impact politics has on this industry. Hope fert and other materials stay where they are for a while

jbturf
11-16-2010, 08:23 PM
i also forsee the biggest obstacle myself and other lco's will
face is govt regulations,
most of us here have thrived thru the so called recesion,
and sky rocketing material prices. its a great industry
,no doubt about it. but
is MA. heading for rules and regs like ny?
is the whole country heading down a road like canada?
is the cost of being a lic. legit business going to increase expontentially,
putting the honest guys under?

these are the things i worry about
i suggest we all at least stay active with organizations like planet
and our state associations like malcp

indyturf
11-16-2010, 08:57 PM
I asked the same ? 10 years ago..