PDA

View Full Version : Help I don't have a clue.

dukester
08-21-2002, 09:21 PM
One of my customers has a Armadillo in the back yard. It's digging holes all over the place. " Every night ". Anyway to get rid of the critter? I not interested in setting on thier back porch with a shotgun all night. They don't pay that much..Duke

Bob Minney
08-22-2002, 12:04 AM
I don't know about armadillos but I heard they taste like chicken. If you arent hungry maybe a trap.
Put on a Ms. armadillos costume & sneak up and whack him with a stick.

So pretty much-I'm no help

How about checking with your game & fish dept, wildlife dept. whatever you call it there, seems they would know.

coalburner
08-22-2002, 03:22 AM
If your diller is showing up every night then he has located a good food source. Get rid of the bugs and grubs.

Set your alarm and get up, they are really quit fun to hunt. Tast-- more like greasssssy pork to me though.

Coalburner

Just Turned Pro
08-22-2002, 11:46 AM
Don't they feed on Lone Star Beer? :D

I think that was the brand from the 80's that always had the Armadillo's attacking the trucks to take the beer.

bobbygedd
08-23-2002, 11:32 PM
hey, i know, we can just tie my mother in law up in the back yard, make her take her teeth out, kina use the "scarecrow" approach. scares the rats outta me when i see her

dukester
08-25-2002, 10:42 PM
I talked to the County agent down here. And untill I get your mother-in-law gets to come down. lol He said to take moth balls and crush them up. Spread them on the lawn. The little b******ds can't stand the smell. I'll let you know if it works or just kills all the grass. Duke

Starling Lawn
08-26-2002, 06:24 PM
Duke,I had the same problem a few years ago.I went to a local feed store and bought a cage.It was put in a travel path.You can also put it near a hole.You'll get it.When you do catch one,fill up a garbage can with water and drown it.It you release it within a mile of where you caught it,the ******* will be back. Dave ...and it does taste like chicken:D

vardener
09-16-2002, 11:49 PM
Duke,

I have an uncle named Duke who is from Baton Rouge. Are you him? No, I didn't think so. For Pete's sake, man, catch him and take his lone star-drinkin' butt MORE than a mile away from the house. I don't care if it's one of God's ugliest creatures, drowning him in a trashcan is a heck of a way to go out.

It's too bad she doesn't like holes in the yard, it's probably doing her a favor, getting rid of grubs and stuff.

If you do kill him, get him mounted and put him on top of your TV, I bet da meat make a mean' ol jambalaya. aaaaaiiiiiii!!!!!