PDA

View Full Version : Partnership: How to handle phone calls

jbell36
11-16-2010, 04:20 PM
was wondering how the phone calls are handled in a partnership?

Is one of the partners primarily the one who handles the phone? is there something out there that lets you have a business number on the same phone as your personal number? would a business phone call be able to ring both partners' phones?

i know others have had these questions and have figured out a way to do it, any info would be great, thanks

wbw
11-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Three cell phones on a family plan. One phone for business number. Other two phones for each of you. Forward business phone to which ever of you is going to be answering the phone that day.

GunnPropertyServices
11-16-2010, 08:56 PM
if you have a partnership you need to set up job titles sit down a decide who does what, i think it would be waste of time both of you answering calls all day for the same service.

LB1234
11-18-2010, 08:40 PM
when I had a partnership (brother & I) we would write up a business plan every year. Within that business plan was a section on the owners and employees, within that section we wrote up what responsibility each individual had. In our case I was responsible for the day to day operations of the business...including answering the phone (We use a cell phone as our main number). However, when I went on vacation I simply handed over the "company" phone and enjoyed a true vacation.