PDA

View Full Version : Using blower to blow leaves off trees

Darryl G
11-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Ok, now I think i've seen it all. While I was going a leaf cleanup yesterday the next door neighbor was out blowing his leaves. There is a Norway Maple near the property line which is still holding some leaves. Well, I guess he just didn't want to wait for them because he started blowing them off with his backpack blower, lol. I was waiting to see if he was going to get a ladder to get the ones he couldn't reach from the ground. :hammerhead:

TLS
11-16-2010, 05:48 PM
I do it when I'm on my roof blowing leaves out of my gutters.

We have a maple that overhangs the house a bit. Will clog gutters this time of year, and if we get a torrential downpour, and gutters are clogged, we get a wet basement.

When I'm up there, I blow out the gutters, and while I'm up there I blow out and up at the tree to dislodge any that are close to dropping. Same thing in the Spring with the helicopters! Don't laugh, it does work!

Darryl G
11-16-2010, 05:55 PM
OK, guess it's not that off the wall then. It's not something that's ever occurred to me to do. Do you pick the ones that won't blow off? lol

93Chevy
11-16-2010, 05:59 PM
My elderly neighbor's wife used to shop vac their river rock beds a few times a year.

Can't say I've ever seen anybody blowing trees off though. I would like to see it.

djlunchbox
11-16-2010, 08:32 PM
we tend to "help mother nature along" if they are loose... hehe.

i hate coming back around to the clean side of the house and see a mess where i just blew.

Mowbizz
11-16-2010, 10:41 PM
I have actually "thought" about doing this to a stubborn maple in my yard...:rolleyes:

MOW ED
11-17-2010, 10:17 AM
You should see what happens when you put a Redmax Eb8000 and a Stihl Br600 together and blow up the tree!
The leaves have to be ready but that draft up its skirt can skin a tree in a minute. The only problem is you get all the leaves falling on your head. I guess I need a third helper with a blower.

mdlwn1
11-17-2010, 12:44 PM
It's very common...when your there to do a cleanup and they are falling right behind you, it's a no brainer.

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah i just get the girls to Pick the leaves off my trees!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qHImgoRxijs/TLKc_bpz7hI/AAAAAAAAB7A/R6jN7UYik-g/s1600/Picking+leaves+off+my+fav+tree.JPG

fatboynormmie
11-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah i just get the girls to Pick the leaves off my trees!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qHImgoRxijs/TLKc_bpz7hI/AAAAAAAAB7A/R6jN7UYik-g/s1600/Picking+leaves+off+my+fav+tree.JPG

Now thats a nice trunk on that maple:)

11-19-2010, 01:15 AM
daaaammmmmnnnnnn

MOW ED
11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
I have never seen a tree with the "crotch" pointing at the ground but I like it.

JNyz
11-19-2010, 05:50 PM
We do it all the time to small trees that didn't drop yet. Works great for small jap maples that are a little late this year.

punt66
11-19-2010, 06:00 PM
We do it all the time to small trees that didn't drop yet. Works great for small jap maples that are a little late this year.

i was going to say the same thing. Japanese maples and young ornamentals het the blower tube on occasion from me. Only if on my last round though and if they are still holding on for dear life.

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Im sorry for distracting everyone! lol i had to post that pic!

But what do u guys do when there is like 2 small trees that the leaves havent fallen from yet And you do the fall clean up anyway?

Do you go back a week later and get all the other leaves?

93Chevy
11-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Im sorry for distracting everyone! lol i had to post that pic!

But what do u guys do when there is like 2 small trees that the leaves havent fallen from yet And you do the fall clean up anyway?

Do you go back a week later and get all the other leaves?

The more times I perform a cleanup = more money. I'd do a cleanup every day if I could get away with it. :laugh:

Ornamental pears around here don't lose their leaves sometimes until December. That means I get to come back in December.

rockycrab
11-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Yep we blow the leaves off small trees as well. Also shake them loose works also.
Probably does not make much difference overall to the total hours of leaf pickup. Almost all of our leafpickup hours are incontract about 2000 hours this year. On top of that we will get a few out of contract cleanups on other properties were the other service provider is not keeping up or sometimes non-maintained properties as well.

Darryl G
11-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Small trees I can see. But a mature Norway Maple? Acutally I drove by today and he must have gotten a ladder because they're all off now, lol.

JB1
11-22-2010, 07:50 PM
we just climb the tree's and shake the limbs.

WillsLandscape
02-16-2013, 06:54 PM
I've seen both of the most random things, a woman blowing her tree in the middle of summer, with still green leaves. And my weird neighbor has actually pressure washed his tree. :confused:

Darryl G
02-16-2013, 09:44 PM
I've seen both of the most random things, a woman blowing her tree in the middle of summer, with still green leaves. And my weird neighbor has actually pressure washed his tree. :confused:

Wow...talk about desperate.

zackvbra
03-08-2013, 01:52 PM
wow i need to hire that girl from page 1! lol