PDA

View Full Version : Ride ons, pros/cons

punt66
11-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Ok, i am in the market for a ride on spreader/sprayer. Not looking for the cheapest unit. Looking for an effiecient unit. Suggestions? FYI, I see mostly permagreen around here.

grassman177
11-17-2010, 08:37 AM
the can is open now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my vote is get what seems to be the best for your budget and production, so get a zspray. we own three, ask anything you want.

punt66
11-17-2010, 08:45 AM
the can is open now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my vote is get what seems to be the best for your budget and production, so get a zspray. we own three, ask anything you want.

I was lookin at their site. Looks like a nice unit. How is the production compared to the permagreen? Looks like they have some nice attachments.

ted putnam
11-17-2010, 09:03 AM
I was lookin at their site. Looks like a nice unit. How is the production compared to the permagreen? Looks like they have some nice attachments.

Literally runs circles around a PG. I have both.

punt66
11-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Literally runs circles around a PG. I have both.

good to know. What is a new zspray going for these days?

buttaluv
11-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Just priced one, a junior is 8300.00

grassman177
11-17-2010, 12:09 PM
it will run circles around them all, especially if you get the max, it puts our other two machines both a jr and intermediate with two extra tanks each to shame due to the wider usable spray width and larger tanks.

fl-landscapes
11-17-2010, 12:21 PM
it will run circles around them all, especially if you get the max, it puts our other two machines both a jr and intermediate with two extra tanks each to shame due to the wider usable spray width and larger tanks.

what are the ball parks for max and intermediate before extra's?

sedge
11-17-2010, 12:28 PM

Just make sure it will fit your gates. We have so damn many 32" gates here it ain't funny. I don't think the junior is even 32" to think of it.

punt66
11-17-2010, 01:55 PM
No gates here.

grassman177
11-17-2010, 03:06 PM
get a max then, it can do small areas just fine and very large ones easliy.

i think the max with foamer was about 9K, but my dad purchased it so i am not sure. many others will chime in i am sure, but the smaller ones are between 8 and 9G

rcreech
11-17-2010, 03:06 PM
I have owned 3 Permagreens (Still have an 08 Magnum) and 3 Z Sprays (all 3 sizes) and the Z is the BOMB!

It all depends on what you are looking at doing. I have a Z Max and it does great on anything over 15K but is best on 30+K lawns as far as effeciency.

I also have a Z Jr and it does awesome on everything.

We still run a PG also and feel like it has its place. It is compact, easy to run and can get in tight areas and go through almost any gate. Right now I am looking at replacing it it with the Ground Login Pathfinder.

It is a souped up PG Magnum and looks like a sweet ride.

If you don't have gates...then the Z is by far the BEST way to go.

It is a production dream!

As far as price...if something happen to a Z today I would call up and order one and wouldn't even ask the price. Who cares...it is worth it and will make you more money then any other machine.

It is all about capacity and speed!

rcreech
11-17-2010, 03:08 PM
No gates here.

What is your avg lawn size?

punt66
11-17-2010, 04:04 PM
What is your avg lawn size?

I am in a welathy suberb. No cookie cutters here. The lots average anywhere from 3/4 acre to 3 acres. Though all that may not be turf. I would say the average lawns are between 20,000 - 40,000 sq ft. There are some small ones mixed in.

rcreech
11-17-2010, 04:13 PM
I am in a welathy suberb. No cookie cutters here. The lots average anywhere from 3/4 acre to 3 acres. Though all that may not be turf. I would say the average lawns are between 20,000 - 40,000 sq ft. There are some small ones mixed in.

OHHHHHH YEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

That is a MAX all the way!

You will love it as you can get about 4.5 acres/fill spraying and about 1.5 -2 acres of spreading.

We literally run circles around our other two machines with the Max when running them all together on large props!

Almost any other machine on the market can ONLY spray 50-70K and the max sprays 200-250K per fill!
:cool2:

punt66
11-17-2010, 04:18 PM
OHHHHHH YEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

That is a MAX all the way!

You will love it as you can get about 4.5 acres/fill spraying and about 1.5 -2 acres of spreading.

We literally run circles around our other two machines with the Max when running them all together on large props!

Almost any other machine on the market can ONLY spray 50-70K and the max sprays 200-250K per fill!
:cool2:

You convinced me. Just sent a note to them.

grassman177
11-17-2010, 06:10 PM
that is what i am saying, it will smoke all others on production and is really not too big compared to the others , well, bigger than a jr byu far. but intermediate is wider and has the bigger hopper so..........

americanlawn
11-17-2010, 07:26 PM
We used to see mainly PG's around here. Not no more. I'll give you a hint: Local guys running ride-on sprayer/spreaders are able to "waive" at me when I drive by while they are treating lawns at the same time. I think that's cool.
If it takes two hands to .......... well, you get my drift regarding the T3000.

Then there is the fact that these units produced 2X in production (for us as of 11/15/2010) Seems there are about 20 T3000's in our area so far.

Still counting, and I can see why. :usflag::usflag:

Ok, i am in the market for a ride on spreader/sprayer. Not looking for the cheapest unit. Looking for an effiecient unit. Suggestions? FYI, I see mostly permagreen around here.

Earth and Turf
11-17-2010, 07:58 PM
I bought a used z spray intermediate this spring and love it. One of the best things is the support from the manufacturer. If you are close to Lebanon Indiana they will show you there shop and anything you want to see and will answer any question on the phone and even be honest when you can get something cheaper such as napa. I have lawns from 10k to 12 acres and it does great no complaints. The used machine was about half of a new one if your budget is tight and I called them and they helped me find it.

turfcobob
11-18-2010, 10:34 AM

I have been on Vacation for week in AZ and did not even take the puter with me. But like he said in Independence Day, I am Back..

You would be remiss in your duties to yourself if you did not check out the
T3000 Riding Applicator from Turfco. Standard unit has three spray widths 4 foot, 6 foot and 9 foot, handgun with 15 foot of hose with a trim spray so you can applicate / trim right up to your flowers and Leave the hand can in the truck. 16 gallon standard with extra capacity tank that will take you up to 31 gallon on board. At one quart per 1000 sq. ft. that is 124,000 sq ft per fill.

For Dry application there are two spread widths 12 foot and 18 foot. The hopper holds 120 lbs and you can carry 3 extra bags for a total dry capacity of 270 lbs on board. The Spyker hopper is about as good as it gets for precision. I would put the T3000 up agains any machine for precision of application.

Nice easy ride and drives just like your car. Can turn, do a 180 in 4.5 foot of forward movement without tearing the grass. See it at Turfco.com. Or you can call Turfco at 800-679-8201 ext 119 for Lynn, she can tell you all about our two week try it program.
Turfcobob

punt66
11-18-2010, 10:52 AM
I have been on Vacation for week in AZ and did not even take the puter with me. But like he said in Independence Day, I am Back..

You would be remiss in your duties to yourself if you did not check out the
T3000 Riding Applicator from Turfco. Standard unit has three spray widths 4 foot, 6 foot and 9 foot, handgun with 15 foot of hose with a trim spray so you can applicate / trim right up to your flowers and Leave the hand can in the truck. 16 gallon standard with extra capacity tank that will take you up to 31 gallon on board. At one quart per 1000 sq. ft. that is 124,000 sq ft per fill.

For Dry application there are two spread widths 12 foot and 18 foot. The hopper holds 120 lbs and you can carry 3 extra bags for a total dry capacity of 270 lbs on board. The Spyker hopper is about as good as it gets for precision. I would put the T3000 up agains any machine for precision of application.

Nice easy ride and drives just like your car. Can turn, do a 180 in 4.5 foot of forward movement without tearing the grass. See it at Turfco.com. Or you can call Turfco at 800-679-8201 ext 119 for Lynn, she can tell you all about our two week try it program.
Turfcobob

OK, thanks, i will check it out.

grassman177
11-18-2010, 09:25 PM
yeah, dont forget to call them at ltrich and they can help you find a used in great condition zspray. i forgot about that one

punt66
11-19-2010, 06:22 AM
yeah, dont forget to call them at ltrich and they can help you find a used in great condition zspray. i forgot about that one

what is ltrich?

coolluv
11-19-2010, 06:29 AM
I think he meant LT Rich.

Dave...

punt66
11-19-2010, 06:37 AM
oh ok, thanks

James Cormier
11-19-2010, 06:43 AM
My first 11 years I was a lesco spreader/tank sprayer guy...then I bought my first PG in 98, I used those for 12 years. This season I switched over to a zspray (JR36) and have been happy. I plan on doing a full review thread as soon as I finish production (still have 80 lawns left :dizzy:)

lawnlandscape
11-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Maybe a stupid question.. but for you guys that use ride-on units. You fill them with a gravity feed from your tank sprayer right?

That's what I do, but just want to make sure someone has not thought of a better way of doing things.

Maple Wood
11-19-2010, 09:03 AM
I use a 12 volt aqua tiger pump from a 300 gallon tank. I also use a mix tank to induct my ratio of chemicals into my water stream to allow efficient mix and fill up.

grassman177
11-19-2010, 01:56 PM
we just converted our hose spray rigs into bypass for use either way, and as a nurse tank we pre mix everything in there and it works great. we are pumpiing at full bore at about 9gpm. the fill tube has a ball valve on the end of it(may change this to a quick coupler for safety reasons) the fill tube is i think is 1 in or 1.25 and fills very nice and smooth

rcreech
11-19-2010, 03:40 PM
so your saying its that bad?

No!

I was just playing...but I have ran the T-3000 a little and have bough 3 Z Sprays since if that tells you anything!

The Z is for me as it has more options and capacity which makes it more effecient!

T-3000 is a great unit I am sure...just not for me!

punt66
11-19-2010, 03:44 PM
No!

I was just playing...but I have ran the T-3000 a little and have bough 3 Z Sprays since if that tells you anything!

The Z is for me as it has more options and capacity which makes it more effecient!

T-3000 is a great unit I am sure...just not for me!

yup, that tells me a lot. hahah Thanks

jasontimm
11-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Try them both out, z-spray guys think the z-spray is the best, and the t-3000 thinks that the t-3000 is the best.....hey look, i just got moved up to a senior member:drinkup:

turfcobob
11-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Pumps, steering wheel, spray system, capacity, looks cheaply made. Poor engineering.
Posted via Mobile Device

Again with all these opinions based on what? Where did you get your engineering degree? 66 should be talking with those that own Ts Like Lawn Dawg in New England who bought 17 in 2010 and has ordered 10 more for spring 2011. Or maybe TruGreen who tested, retested and had their PHD types test the application precision with a big A plus passing grade. Then they had it tested by Human Tech of Ann Arbor Michigan who gave it a A plus passing grade. Now do you suppose all these folks are wrong and a guy who does not even own one is right. Go Figure. It is the best fleet machine out there...Precise, accurate and easy to operate.

americanlawn
11-19-2010, 06:38 PM
WHAT??? and I have questions:

1) Why are 20 (probably more) T3000 spreader/sprayers being used in MY town now in lieu of what you suggest? :laugh:

2) Why have these LCO's "DUMPED" their "z's" and REPLACED THEM with T3000 units? :confused:

3) Poor engineering? What is this about? Is TURFCO now trying to produce cheap stuff nowadays? I hardly think so. :confused:

4) Steering wheel? I guess that explains why local T3000 users are able to "waive back" at us while treating lawns. :walking::laugh::usflag:

Spray system: TURFCO is "conservative" regarding this. Our T's spray a 13 foot pattern - equal or exceeding what the z-nazi boys brag about. Too funny :laugh::laugh::laugh: Same deal regarding spread pattern.

Lastly, I have 3 college degrees (business + hort), yet I seldom bring this us up regarding lawnsite.com threads. Over 30 years experience in the lawn/tree industry as well. Not saying this is good or bad. Merely saying I've been to a few "county fairs".

Service 1st Lawn Care
11-19-2010, 08:02 PM
This is such an old debate, I suggest you go to both facilities see how they are built. Test run the units, then find someone in your area who owns both units, run the units again ask the operators of the machines the good and bad about the machine. Remember this is not a cheap investment and is something that should last you for many years and make you a lot of MONEY.

CHARLES CUE
11-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Iam going to but in here.
I have a T3000 and they are a great machine! Once you have one and look at other you can see a lot of thought went in to it. Every thing works great on it I get excellent weed control. Love that boomless nozzle ! And theres nothing wrong with a steering wheel works just great. Its Fantastic on hills.

If i were you i would look at all the mechines you can. And try and test drive some. That way you can make a better decision.

Charles Cue

Service 1st Lawn Care
11-19-2010, 08:29 PM
P.S. punt 66 I own a Z-Spray and think it's a great machine, I can also waive at competitors as they drive by with no problem, as they do a double take looking at the Z. As I know they are jealous, but please don't buy a machine just to have the capability to wave at someone.:dizzy:

djagusch
11-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Why do homeowner lawn tractors have steering wheels and commerical mowers have the levers? Most likely it is the most efficent way to move around property's. I thought so at least.
Posted via Mobile Device

GravelyGuy
11-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Don't get hung up on the nozzle issue. Here is my Z. Boom and boomless.

I looked over the T3000 and rode it around a bit. It seems like it would make a good fleet machine. It is NOT built like a Z in my opinion.

Turf Dawg
11-21-2010, 02:40 AM
I am in no way trying to stir the pot on the T vs Z debate because some of the Z's are putting on boomless nozzles and some of the T's are putting on a boom. My question is with these boomless nozzles, does the coverage get all the blades of grassy weeds and broadleaved? I have just always felt like a fan nozzle on a boom, say 11003, would give better coverage. Let's just say on a Turfco spraying water on concrete at normal application speed, how many drops per square inch are there? I guess this question could be for the Permagreen operaters also. I know I have some tell me that in our area, warm season grass, that the boomless is OK for broadleave but not that great for say MSMA for grassy weeds.

grassman177
11-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Again with all these opinions based on what? Where did you get your engineering degree? 66 should be talking with those that own Ts Like Lawn Dawg in New England who bought 17 in 2010 and has ordered 10 more for spring 2011. Or maybe TruGreen who tested, retested and had their PHD types test the application precision with a big A plus passing grade. Then they had it tested by Human Tech of Ann Arbor Michigan who gave it a A plus passing grade. Now do you suppose all these folks are wrong and a guy who does not even own one is right. Go Figure. It is the best fleet machine out there...Precise, accurate and easy to operate.

i agree, although i dont personally like your machine, it is not for me, i do however think it is a contender and those are pretty impressive stats there bob.

wow, lawn dog bought a total of 27 units>? that is a big company>!!!!!!!!

grassman177
11-21-2010, 09:51 AM
that is the reason there is so many types of machines, and i am sure there will be more in the future.

one machine DOES NOT do it all, but all are good for most things.

we like zsprays as they are very similar to the standers which all of our guys are used to when it comes to levers vs steering wheel. zero turn is more easy to get around things and in tight areas, but i think T would be better on hillsides overall as the ceter of gravity is lower. i can tell you though i can do some insane hills others are way to scared of with our zsprays(not the jr).

no one on here is going to go both ways, and many of us are die hard fans of the machines we use/.

the question is WHAT IS GOING TO WORK BEST FOR ME AND MY COMPANY?

Roberts turf(on here) has become a friend and is close to me, he tried both machines and found the T was too hard to manuever in tight spots vs the Z. THAT made his decision if you know what i mean

jasontimm
11-21-2010, 11:01 AM
As far as the T3000, i'm lucky as turfco is only 1.5 hours away, i run a few hilly yards and it held great, i thought it was a well built machine, i have not tried a z-spray, i wish i could have one to try on a few of my yards to really judge and make a FAIR comparison between the two machines.

GravelyGuy
11-21-2010, 11:08 AM
I am in no way trying to stir the pot on the T vs Z debate because some of the Z's are putting on boomless nozzles and some of the T's are putting on a boom. My question is with these boomless nozzles, does the coverage get all the blades of grassy weeds and broadleaved? I have just always felt like a fan nozzle on a boom, say 11003, would give better coverage. Let's just say on a Turfco spraying water on concrete at normal application speed, how many drops per square inch are there? I guess this question could be for the Permagreen operaters also. I know I have some tell me that in our area, warm season grass, that the boomless is OK for broadleave but not that great for say MSMA for grassy weeds.

I mostly us the boom because it's easier for me on smaller/landscaped lawns. The boomless worked fine for broadleaves when I used it, never used it for grassy.

It does spray wider than the boom so it would be more productive in big areas.

rcreech
11-21-2010, 11:32 AM
I agree with grassman!

It is not a one fits all and I stated that at the beginning of this thread!

I am getting ready to buy a new machine and guess what...it isn't a Z-Spray.

I have bought 3 and DO THINK that Z is by far the best machine on the market...but I need a machine to replace my PG. I need something small, and to haul on the back of my truck. The guy that runs the PG thinks it is the best machine ever...and although I like it, it doesn't hold a candle to the Z as far as quality and manuverability etc...but luckily for him I want to still run a truck with a rack for smaller lawns!

But from what you have stated...and the size of you lawns a Z is a no brainer to me!

Good Luck!

CHARLES CUE
11-21-2010, 05:41 PM

I was a skeptic when i first got a T about weed control. But iam sold on the boom less nozzle it does a great job. I have never sprayed MSMA with it but i have sprayed nut sage with it. To tell you how good the coverage is i sprayed a yard with gly and it killed all the grass every piece. I don't like flat fan nozzles on a boom .

Charles Cue

grassman177
11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
i am going to be installing the boomless kit on my zspray intermediate and jr this winter for when i am running two zsprays(one or the other along my zmax) it can keep up with it on liquid rounds. the max is way more productive than the others for just the size of spray pattern alone, and this way it will help on those very large areas and i have quite a few of those and plan to get alot more.

Maple Wood
11-22-2010, 09:16 AM
i am going to be installing the boomless kit on my zspray intermediate and jr this winter for when i am running two zsprays(one or the other along my zmax) it can keep up with it on liquid rounds. the max is way more productive than the others for just the size of spray pattern alone, and this way it will help on those very large areas and i have quite a few of those and plan to get alot more.

Grassman, I am thinking of installing two boom-less nozzles, one at the end of each boom. That should get me out there for my wide areas!

turfcobob
11-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Grassman, I am thinking of installing two boom-less nozzles, one at the end of each boom. That should get me out there for my wide areas!

What kind of boomless nozzles? There are many and they do different things. We tested some really interesting ones. You have my phone number.

Real Green
11-22-2010, 03:04 PM
It's been a while. I wouldn't say, "I'm back." I'm just checking in. This debate continues to rage on, yet there really is no debate. It's a ride-on spreader, not a life altering decision. Every company is different throughout the U.S. We don't all see the same terrain. Give up the arguing and insults already.

Check out every ride-on and test drive a few. Hell, you might not like any of them. You may want to put a PTO spreader on the back of your Kubota. Who knows?

This thread is one prime example of why I left months ago. Rcreech(give me a call sometime), TurfcoBob, ETWman, and Larry know the rest.
Posted via Mobile Device

rcreech
11-22-2010, 03:08 PM
It's been a while. I wouldn't say, "I'm back." I'm just checking in. This debate continues to rage on, yet there really is no debate. It's a ride-on spreader, not a life altering decision. Every company is different throughout the U.S. We don't all see the same terrain. Give up the arguing and insults already.

Check out every ride-on and test drive a few. Hell, you might not like any of them. You may want to put a PTO spreader on the back of your Kubota. Who knows?

This thread is one prime example of why I left months ago. Rcreech(give me a call sometime), TurfcoBob, ETWman, and Larry know the rest.
Posted via Mobile Device

Holy freak'n cow dude...what is up!

Miss your input on here!

Nut'n has changed at all since you left!
:laugh:

How is life?

Will call ya soon bud!

RC

grassman177
11-22-2010, 04:39 PM
yeah real green , nice to see you, i still hope you chiime in as even though it is the same stuff over and over again, there is always new stuff tucked away in the middle!

americanlawn
11-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Don't care much regarding lawns compared to TRUE FRIENDS like you. Thanks for chiming in buddy. My only wish is that YOU are doing okay.

You have been, and always will be a trusted friend. A-Team member as well.

Life's short, and I had the true pleasure of knowing you.

You take care my friend, Larry :waving::waving::waving::waving::waving:

Posted via Mobile Device

turfcobob
11-22-2010, 08:25 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Nice to see you cans still type. Makin the big bucks did not ruin you.
:) Turfcobob

rcreech
11-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Nice to see you cans still type. Makin the big bucks did not ruin you.
:) Turfcobob

I could only dream of making the money he makes!!!!!!
Maybe someday Bob...maybe someday!

Rayholio
11-23-2010, 09:59 AM
The main question I would ask is... DO YOU HAVE HILLS?

I've used, and OWN both. they each have their strengths and weaknesses.. It really depends on your requirements. The BIGGEST difference between the machines is hill performance.

If you have a lot of very flat land, the Z max will out-produce any other unit..

If you do have hills, then I would suggest the T3K.. It's stability on hills is unmatched.

Even with 100 hours of experience on the Z i've gone skidding down hills into privacy fences.. more than once.

The Z has a terrible design flaw. Front casters. Those front casters have too much weight over them, so when you get sideways on a hill, physics take over and you turn down hill and go for a ride. in fact, ANY time the front casters are physically lower than the drive tires, turning control is virtually non existant.

The T3K has steering wheels in the front. this obviously means that it's not ZTR... but it doesn't seem to matter. my employee LOVES it.. says he feels MUCH safer on it.. and I agree based on my experience. Moreover, its hill stability is almost god-like..

The debate will rage on.. both machines have their + and - 's... such as the Z (all sizes) is a MUCH larger and heavier machine than the T3K.. and the Z can apply granular apps much faster the the T3K due to its massive spinner speed.. etc etc...

In my experience so far the T3K has been MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more reliable than the Z.. maybe that's a concern for you too?

-Ray

Rayholio
11-23-2010, 10:06 AM

The boomless nozzle is my favorite way to spray.... but don't judge it by the Lt Rich kit.. they put that together with ZERO r&d.. It's at the wrong height, and angle. it will not spray like it does on a properly calibrated machine.

The only reason they added it was because the T3K has it, and the Z customers were requesting it.. At LT Rich they hate the boomless nozzle.. (just ask 'em) and won't ever refine it.

rcreech
11-23-2010, 10:11 AM
In my experience so far the T3K has been MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more reliable than the Z.. maybe that's a concern for you too?

-Ray

That was a very fair and unbiased report! I would say I agree with 98% of what he said.

but....

If you know how to use the locking casters and don't fill your hopper the Z is fine on hills...as as far as reliable....not as issue with the Z.

There are many more members on here with Z Sprays then most other units and they will share with you that reliability is not an issue at all!

Rayholio
11-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Well.. that's just my experience... others will differ without a doubt. :)

rcreech
11-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Ray,

Stupid question......

Just seen your box truck (nice)...but why are you still pulling a trialer?

Why are you not loading it in the box?

Rayholio
11-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Not a stupid question at all... My box truck is running full sized wheels and tires.. (not low pros) so it's higher than some of those out there... my concerns may not be valid on other setups...

#1 is speed.. A tilt trailer with tire lockers is SUPER fast to load / unload.. pull 2 pins, and drive. Any way I can think of to run it inside the truck gets time consuming fast.. more parts too.. more parts, more likely to fail..

#2 is safety.. People die, or get hurt badly every year from falling off of / out of trucks. I want to keep my employee as close to the ground as possible.

#3 is capacity. With the machine in the box, I would lose the ability to carry at least 2 pallets of materials.

I did carry both the Z and the T3K (seperately) in the box for a while.. using the liftgate to get them in and out.. it was very slow, and presented dozens of little problems... some people love it.. and I can see why.. but in my setup it just wasn't realistic.

I've looked into a hitch carrier for the T3K.. That may happen some day... but my concern is that the truck allready sticks out so far from the back tires that it requires some thought.. I'm hesitant to add another 3-4 ft to it :/

grassgod
11-23-2010, 02:42 PM
The boomless nozzle is my favorite way to spray.... but don't judge it by the Lt Rich kit.. they put that together with ZERO r&d.. It's at the wrong height, and angle. it will not spray like it does on a properly calibrated machine.

The only reason they added it was because the T3K has it, and the Z customers were requesting it.. At LT Rich they hate the boomless nozzle.. (just ask 'em) and won't ever refine it.

The HF140 hi flow tip is designed for wide angled coverage plus drift control. This allows for lower spray heights 9" to 12" and best used at 20" spacing in a boom! Many use this as a boomless nozzle although it really isn't designed for that. Any one can run down to the store and buy a few pieces to make it work better. Both Tee-jet and hypro make fittings to better adjust your pattern such as 45 's .
Posted via Mobile Device