PDA

View Full Version : Got my pre order today

RABBITMAN11
11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Got my pre order today. It feels good to know that I know where my cost will be. Got this years pricing. Hope everyone is prepared for a price hike! Money is money good luck guys.

rcreech
11-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Good job Rabbit!

Feels good doesn't it?

I think it will be one of those...sit back, put your seat belt on and watch!

Actually talked to my supplier this morning and the product I purchased in July (13-0-0 25%SCU with Dimension) has gone up $2 a bag.

Do the math on 40 Ton!
:)

Btw...I think 3-Way/Triplet is getting ready to take a pretty big hike too. I am stocking up on it also! They are thinking a buck or two a gallon after Jan 1.

Not a big hike...but enough to lock in price and cover my interest almost 3 times!

Just an FYI

RABBITMAN11
11-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey Creeh check out the new.ddupont product.
Posted via Mobile Device

rcreech
11-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Actually set in on a meeting on Imprelis today and it sounds like it is going to be an awesome tool to use.

A little pricey for me for the most part but we will have it on the trucks for those "more challenging" lawns!

I am just excited to know that we should have Tenacity on the truck come spring! That is going to be the big one for us!

It is going to be a key product for spring seedings!

sprayboy
11-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Actually set in on a meeting on Imprelis today and it sounds like it is going to be an awesome tool to use.

A little pricey for me for the most part but we will have it on the trucks for those "more challenging" lawns!

I am just excited to know that we should have Tenacity on the truck come spring! That is going to be the big one for us!

Got a flyer for a meeting about this today, can't wait to go in early December.
4.5 oz acre use rate....wow.

Puttinggreens
11-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Rodney, what is the latest you have heard on Tenacity?

lukemelo216
11-19-2010, 11:26 AM

Be careful with imprelis. Read the label. It states that it cant be sprayed within 5 feet of any landscape or ornamental beds (although I hear that is going to change according to the sales rep at the GIE) and you or your customers arent allowed to compost the clippings.

"On cool season turfgrasses, including Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, tall fescue and fine fescue, when applications will not be made within 5 feet of ornamental groundcovers, foliage plants, flowers, trees, shrubs or other desirable plants, IMPRELIS™ herbicide may be applied at
6 fluid ounces of product per acre."

"Do not use grass clippings from treated areas for mulching or compost, or allow for collection to composting facilities. Grass clippings must either be left on the treated area, or, if allowed by local yard waste regulations, disposed of in the trash. Applicators must give verbal or written notice to property owner/property manager/residents to not use grass clippings from treated turf for mulch or compost."

just some food for thought if your going to "keep it on the truck" I know around here a lot of people compost their clippings or throw them on there garden and they cant anymore if you use that.

rcreech
11-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Rodney, what is the latest you have heard on Tenacity?

I know they said this two years ago...but they think 1st quarter 2011.

We will see!

rcreech
11-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Be careful with imprelis. Read the label. It states that it cant be sprayed within 5 feet of any landscape or ornamental beds (although I hear that is going to change according to the sales rep at the GIE) and you or your customers arent allowed to compost the clippings.

"On cool season turfgrasses, including Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, tall fescue and fine fescue, when applications will not be made within 5 feet of ornamental groundcovers, foliage plants, flowers, trees, shrubs or other desirable plants, IMPRELIS™ herbicide may be applied at
6 fluid ounces of product per acre."

"Do not use grass clippings from treated areas for mulching or compost, or allow for collection to composting facilities. Grass clippings must either be left on the treated area, or, if allowed by local yard waste regulations, disposed of in the trash. Applicators must give verbal or written notice to property owner/property manager/residents to not use grass clippings from treated turf for mulch or compost."

just some food for thought if your going to "keep it on the truck" I know around here a lot of people compost their clippings or throw them on there garden and they cant anymore if you use that.

Thanks!

They never mentioned that yesterday...infact the granular is getting just as good of results as liquid and they asked about getting it into flower beds and it was stated that this product would be MUCH SAFER on ornamentals then the Three Way products.

That would be a waste if you can't trim with it!

We will use some I am sure...but we will still do the bulk of our applications using Three Way products.

CHARLES CUE
11-19-2010, 08:40 PM
I to think that Imprelis will be a great tool but not for total blanket apps on most yards. There always seems to be a tree or flowers some where. And customers don't do what there suppose to do. I have one customer that throws his clippings in the river.

As far as pre ording Goes I can't get any one to give me a price ?

Charles Cue

FdLLawnMan
11-20-2010, 12:01 PM
You only have to avoid spraying close to ornamentals if you spray at the 6 oz rate. If you spray at the recommended rate of 3 to 4.5 oz's you can go right up to the beds. I think this product shows a lot of potential. You can spray just before or right after seeding a lawn or area, pray in the rain. It has a very large temperature spread to spray in and it is very hard to damage the turf from applying to much. Also, the amount of ai used is very small and the label has a caution rating, not a danger rating.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-21-2010, 12:37 AM
So is Imprelis a good hand can type product? I wouldn't mind being able to eliminate TZone (ester) for a safer (in many ways), less toxic product to use for spot spray.
But, is it?

lukemelo216
11-21-2010, 03:55 PM
I think its a better product to use on your commercial and hoa properties. Then you dont have to worry about your customers composting clippings or anything like that