PDA

View Full Version : Lesco leaf loader, 22 hp, feedback

ACA L&L
11-17-2010, 08:15 PM
looking for some real life opinions on the lesco truck leaf loader,22 hp, how it works, reliable, ease of use, any other relevant info. thinking about buying one tommorrow, thanks

ACA L&L
11-17-2010, 10:15 PM
looking for some real life opinions on the lesco truck leaf loader,22 hp, how it works, reliable, ease of use, any other relevant info. thinking about buying one tomorrow, thanks

ok so how about any leaf loader, i see the 16 hp is popular, how does it work for you? need info tonight even if it seems obvious to you, ive never owned one so any info would be helpful...

BlackBirdWS.6
11-17-2010, 11:32 PM
I've had my 16hp giant vac for years and love it never clogs or anything, but 22hp is a lot if your just using a pickup with a box and tarp, it could blow your top off because i was looking into a 28hp but with an 8ft bed that's too much power and would blow the tarp right off the truck or so i heard from another LCO

ACA L&L
11-18-2010, 12:39 AM
I've had my 16hp giant vac for years and love it never clogs or anything, but 22hp is a lot if your just using a pickup with a box and tarp, it could blow your top off because i was looking into a 28hp but with an 8ft bed that's too much power and would blow the tarp right off the truck or so i heard from another LCO

well lesco has the 22 hp on clearance for 3300 plus freight, 3500......the 18hp is like 3100 plus freight.....like 3300....i thought iit was a no brainer but if its gonna be to much i guess we will go with the 18 hp.....we will use a dump trailer 6x12 and build a box around it, as big as we can. very excited to get this thing, the leaves are already flying and this will catch us up real quick.

BlackBirdWS.6
11-18-2010, 12:51 AM
your just now doing leaves? we've been doing them full blown for about a month now, but i believe with your set up you could use either model its a win win situation and a 200 difference isn't bad, now knowing you situation i would deff consider the 22

ACA L&L
11-18-2010, 12:56 AM
leaves have been falling slowly for about a month maybe. we have about 75% still on, one cold snap and they will all drop pretty quick. thinking the 22hp is what we will go with, bigger is always better when ur going for hp!
thanks

BlackBirdWS.6
11-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Bigger is always better haha but idk bout the cold snap usually we are wrapping up by now and we still have jobs with a lot of leaves left on the trees and we have been having frost every morning

Harford Bob
11-18-2010, 10:32 AM
All I can say is get one with a ten inch hose instead of eight inch. I am guessing a 22HP is going to have a ten inch.
I have an old Trac Vac model I got used and have had workers tell me it is much slower than a more powerful unit using ten inch diameter hose.
Make sure you have it figured out how you are going to mount the thing and how you are going to unload the leaves. Hopefully you have a dumper.