PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed / Dump Trailer

Casstaylor
11-18-2010, 09:46 AM
I am looking into the design of a new trailer and would like some feed back

The trailer would be a Enclosed Trailer on the front about 8 foot long and a 12 foot hyd. dump of the rear.

Give me your thoughts on how you think it would work.

twward
11-18-2010, 08:56 PM
This is an interesting concept.

However, how do you determine the location for the axles? With the front of the trailer loaded with "stuff," and the rear section (dump body) unloaded, you will have a tremendous amount of tongue weight if the axles are towards the back to accommodate the dump body.

Vice Versa, if you have the axles towards the center with nothing in the "box portion" of the trailer and a full load in the dump, you have a high risk of fish-tailing.

I am not trying to be negative or say it will not work, just a thought.

Good Luck

Casstaylor
11-19-2010, 08:08 AM
The axles for this unit would be just behind the enclosed part. With the weight from the dump bed the tongue should not be that heavy

Darryl G
11-19-2010, 09:51 AM
What would be the intended use of the 8 foot enclosed part? That's not a lot of room.

punt66
11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
I have been thinking about something like this for a few years. I would also like to incorporate an enclosed trailer with a dumping mechanism somehow. Ultimately i would like to dump my bagger in a bin attached to the trailer and after a few rounds be able to hydrolicly dump the bin into the trailer. Then when full hae the trailer maybe side dump the load. But the best scenerio i have come up with for that is to have the encloed part in the front with a side load and the dump in the back. The enclosed part would have to be a minimum of 12 feet to accomadate the equipment. But its hard to make it practical.

Darryl G
11-19-2010, 10:15 AM
It's been done before. http://www.tnttrailer.com/dump-trailers/cargo-or-utility-combination.htm

dwc
11-19-2010, 09:39 PM
debrissystems.com is like what you are looking for I think. This is a pic of mine....it has a 12' enclosed box in front and a 6x8 dump bin on the back. The bucket on the rear is hydraulically dumped into the bin and the bin is hydraulically dumped. The ramp is also hydraulic powered. :cool2:

knox gsl
11-19-2010, 09:52 PM
That's the best setup ever, looked over their website, this would be great for guys who bag everything.

dwc
11-19-2010, 09:58 PM
I run 2 Walker's so I bag a LOT. It was one of the best labor saving pieces of equipment I have ever bought!

knox gsl
11-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Ballpark, what do they go for? Can you get the box area 8.5' wide and will 2 52" ZTR's and a 36" WB fit on the largest one?

dwc
11-19-2010, 11:37 PM
I've heard new ones now are going for low 20's. I am unsure of the 8.5 box. I know there have been some changes since mine which is a 2003.
I could fit 2 52" ztrs and probably a 36wb in mine ok. I would be tight, but if you got a larger enclosed area it wouldn't be a problem. I have put 2 48" Walkers and a 21" with plenty of room to spare.