PDA

View Full Version : is this a good deal ??

rglewisjr
11-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Just to start, i am not a lawn care professional, but I have enjoyed looking at this site.

I have about an acre of grass and need equiptment to mow it. I think i would prefer a used commercial walk behind and am thinking about a 44-48 inch mower.

I found a used toro, 44 inch hydro that is about 90 miles from me. the owner wants $1400. He says it is 3 years old, has about 150 hours. It comes with a velke and a grass catcher.

attached are photos.

thanks for all input.

gasracer
11-18-2010, 10:16 AM
It seems like a good deal.Be sure to check it out good.You need to think about what lawns you are going to do later. Are you going to do residential lawns with gates? or more open 1 acre fields.Doing a 1 acre lot with a 60" would take less time than with a 44" but the small machine will fit in places the larger one won't.To me the big veilke would get in the way in small, tight back yards.

Texas Lawn
11-18-2010, 10:41 AM
i think from his post he is just doing the acre lot. I think you would be fine with that machine

rglewisjr
11-18-2010, 12:39 PM
thanks for the input. To the first response, this is my yard. I have no interest in mowing other yards. I have considered riding mowers, but feel as though a used commercial machine may give a longer life with less problems. I am hoping that this walk behind would fit that bill. I do not want to pay too much and I do not want a mower that I have to put a lot of time into maintance.

Is this a reasonable answer?

gasracer
11-18-2010, 04:22 PM
thanks for the input. To the first response, this is my yard. I have no interest in mowing other yards. I have considered riding mowers, but feel as though a used commercial machine may give a longer life with less problems. I am hoping that this walk behind would fit that bill. I do not want to pay too much and I do not want a mower that I have to put a lot of time into maintance.

Is this a reasonable answer?
A good used commercial machine will outlast and out cut regular riding mowers. I have bought the last 2 walk behinds for my business off Craigslist with very low hours.
Maintenance is still key with theses machines. Greasing and oil changes.

JCLawn and more
11-18-2010, 04:44 PM
its a good deal being that it is a hydro unit rather than a belt unit.