PDA

View Full Version : what is the going rate for curb side leaf cleanup

extremerc76
11-18-2010, 07:12 PM
i do two curbside leaf cleanups a year, where the customer blows their leaves to the curb and i come by with my vac system and remove them. i really don't know what a fair rate is for this, i usually give an estimate of me doing the entire clean up. how does everyone else charge for this ? im guessing by the cubic yard? what do you all get a cu yd of leaves removed from the curb?

im in northern NJ if that helps
thanks for any help kevin

FLAhaulboy
11-18-2010, 07:47 PM
I'd charge my regular hourly rate to load+hauling it to the landfill+tipping fee.

WorldsStrongestLandscaper
11-18-2010, 11:39 PM
75 for 10-20 mins 100 for 20-30 mins 30-40 125 and so on. Most guys charge 100 so just say 90$ and "I'll do it tonight when the sun goes down" and 99% of the time u'll get the job! Just make sure ur box is big enough to handle the entire load plus so u don't have to go empty!!! BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
Posted via Mobile Device

STIHL GUY
11-19-2010, 09:32 AM
i charge my hourly rate to suck them and add in time to dump/drive and then a dump fee

punt66
11-19-2010, 09:36 AM
75 for 10-20 mins 100 for 20-30 mins 30-40 125 and so on. Most guys charge 100 so just say 90$ and "I'll do it tonight when the sun goes down" and 99% of the time u'll get the job! Just make sure ur box is big enough to handle the entire load plus so u don't have to go empty!!! BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats exactly how i did it untill i sold my loader to Stihl guy.

STIHL GUY
11-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Thats exactly how i did it untill i sold my loader to Stihl guy.

its been working great...a lot better with a full size truck as well

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
11-19-2010, 09:02 PM
We dont have a leaf loader, so the big yards that need removal that we cant haul out by truck/trailer we end up having to pay our buddy $100-120 a yard. This is for an acre yard of leaf pile average. I dont know if this is a good price or not, but it works for us when we need the extra help, and we just charge the customer extra, so it doesnt come out of our profit either! lol

punt66
11-19-2010, 09:58 PM
its been working great...a lot better with a full size truck as well

great, it is a good running machine.

CTmower
11-19-2010, 10:42 PM
I started off the fall season telling myself I was going to make a killing charging $50 for curbside leaf removal. My town recently did away with curbside pickup this season so I figured I'd make a killing with my new 18hp Billy Goat Loader. After my first two pickups of the year I soon learned $50 would now be my bare minimum for the smallest of piles. While the 18hp Billy Goat does a decent job it is by no means the Cummins Diesel machine I was use to using with my previous employer. Its hard to say what my average pile is but ive been getting $75-90 for those and about 100-125 for a huge pile. I consider a huge pile one that fills up my entire truck and that takes alot. But if a huge pile takes me 30-40 minutes to suck up plus 10 minutes to drive it to the dump and I get $125 for that pile then I consider that a good profit. Then theres the piles that have been sitting there for weeks and are so tightly packed that it takes you hours to remove and your kicking yourself in the ass the entire time!!!! Its definitely been a learning year for me but ive learned $50 for a tiny pile, $60-90 for your average pile, and $100+ for your ohhhhh **** thats a big pile!!

11-20-2010, 05:37 PM
I got 200 for 2 small and 1 huge pile last night. Pine needles and wet leaves 2x4's and a phone. I was still pissed cuz one of the small 2x4's stopped the motor dead. 20 hp Giant vac too. I thought the crank was a gonner but after cutting it out with my small chainsaw. It fired right up! My 16 hp wouldve blew up! Couldve killed this dude! But its a potential 15,000$ snow plowing customer at a very happening plaza! Good advertisement! BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
Posted via Mobile Device

Looking Good Lawn Service
11-20-2010, 06:24 PM
SOO, is the moral of the story its not worth doing curbside removal?? I have a leaf loader on my dump and the way I see it is, that instead of stuffing in 2k at least or more worth of debris removals in my truck till I dump, you are trying to stuff your truck to the brim for $100 bucks?? Am i understanding this correctly?? Average ordeal must take a couple hours, between soliciting customer, showing up, unpacking hose, sucking pile(s) and then dumping, re securing equipment and back to next job? IMO, it doesnt seem worth it, think how much a full dumpster rental costs for a home owner to fill?? that is more along the lines to what it should cost to take away a full truck load to say you actually "made money" otherwise it just seems like charity work... Good luck

Lugnut
11-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I charge $100 for average piles, which i can fit 3-4 of into my dump trailer

11-21-2010, 09:06 AM
They are great extra $ if u plan them for dusk or dark. With the front mounted vac and the headlights ,its a win win situation!I can fit 7-8 piles average in my 550 12' rackbody so it works for us! We usually make enough to pay for fuel for all the crews for the month of November! I do them by myself too on the way to the shop or dump site so I don't have to pay extra help and I don't burn extra fuel!My wife prices them out (by experience)over the phone so we don't have to go twice! We can only charge the same as the kid who just bought his vac and is trying to pay for his investment!PUNK!That is where it sucks! BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WLS
Posted via Mobile Device

willretire@40
12-02-2010, 12:28 AM
bump to the top

grassman177
12-02-2010, 08:09 AM
we charge 50$ minimum, 100 per hour(two guys) and am wondering if it is too low.
this time of course includes the dumping, not just the time collecting