PDA

View Full Version : Blowing Leaves

Thiggy
11-19-2010, 11:45 PM
This is my first fall in the business and I was wanting to know if most members here just blow the leaves into the street or clean them up. I see most companies just blowing them in the street.
Thiggy

Richard Martin
11-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Nah. I usually blow them from the street into my customer's yard for cleanup. If I were in an area where they did curbside leaf pickup and there were too many leaves for me to mulch down then I'd think about moving the leaves to the curb. But to just blow a whole lawn full of leaves into the street for the cars to scatter about is just plain rude. Half of them end up back in your customer's yard and the other half in the neighbor's yards.

topsites
11-20-2010, 02:42 AM
In my case I reach an agreement with the customer, they ultimately decide.

STIHL GUY
11-20-2010, 07:25 AM
i blow them to the street and suck them up with the vac

rockycrab
11-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Right on. Got to remember your blower etiquette. Try to take more leaves from the neighbors and the street than you leave behind. No one is going to complain about that. But, every year we get calls from people about our leaving a leaf or making a mess off our property. You know people are watching and looking for a way to cause trouble sometimes.
Also be sensitive to blower activity before or after regular working hours. Some people get violently upset.