PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone cleaned gutters with these?


tony58
11-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Is this another piece of junk to gather dust in my barn or will it work?I already have a 6 HP 16 gal Ridgid shop vac.
Thanks

http://www.gutterclutterbuster.com/

brianslawncare
11-20-2010, 02:16 PM
never used. but i do gutters and all i use is a ladder and my back pack blower. even wet leaves is no match for my echo!

cdjones
11-20-2010, 09:37 PM
walk the roof use a good back pack blower....done

mark123
11-20-2010, 09:46 PM
I have a gutter hook for my Echo (http://www.monstermarketplace.com/power-equipment/echo-99944100010-rain-gutter-kit). Makes a big mess when its wet out. Wear a rain coat if you have one. :D

I doubt a common shop vac would have enough suction at the end of a 20' tube. Good luck pulling wet pine needles out with that.

corey4671
11-20-2010, 10:28 PM
give me $30. I'll kick you in the nuts. You'll get as much out of that as you would buying this junk.

EJK2352
11-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Why not just get a ladder and get up on the roof ??? I have so many customers with branches and leaves on the roof that there is no way I could do it right from the ground with some kind of tubes on a blower or a vac.

Think Green
11-20-2010, 11:35 PM
58,
I will probably come under fire with opposition and scrutiny, but in all of these types of advertisements, one doesn't clearly see what they are looking at. First off, the leaves in the ads are always dry and few. How many gutters do you make bids on that are dry and less than an inch thick?? Every customer that calls for gutter cleaning always has 3-4 inches of crud matter lodged inside their gutters. Shingle sediment always collects inside the gutters as well as larger sticks, acorns, hickory, sweetgum balls,etc. These attachments aren't what they are cracked up to be. These things are designed for the homeowner who wants to clean their gutters out every two weeks to keep the water flowing. Honestly- how often do most of us clean the gutters commercially. We clean our commercial accounts twice a year. Residential customers call us for cleaning. Single story homes aren't that harsh and usually don't carry a steep roof line. The two story homes have the 1 over 1 pitches and are brutal. You will need harnesses, ropes, and rigging to stay around on those roofs.
I can't see a 20-30' attachment working on 1.5-2 hp electric motor and create enough suction to do a sufficient job--let alone remove nasty wet, roof matter and water soaked leaves. It is a shock hazard and a deadly combination to use these things.
I use backpack blowers on single level homes with easy pitches............two story homes aren't so lucky as with the pitches, you will need to work off of a ladder, scaffolding, or rigging.

Don't waste your money!!!!!!!

TheGoat
11-21-2010, 01:27 PM
I think it looks cheap, but after the initial, um sucking, it would work just like a siphon, all the matter traveling down the tube would help create more suction.

GreenGiant94
11-21-2010, 06:53 PM
I have a gutter hook for my Echo (http://www.monstermarketplace.com/power-equipment/echo-99944100010-rain-gutter-kit). Makes a big mess when its wet out. Wear a rain coat if you have one. :D

I doubt a common shop vac would have enough suction at the end of a 20' tube. Good luck pulling wet pine needles out with that.

Yeah i got kinda the same thing that i made fit on my bp blower. It works good it just makes a big mess:dizzy:

anotherturfgeek
11-21-2010, 09:41 PM
for the wet and nasty ones, I use my monster sears shop vac and 25' pool vac hose. works like a charm...only on 1 story homes...

Henry Bockman
11-22-2010, 01:11 PM
We use Husquervarna back pack plowers when we clean gutters in Maryland (marylandguttercleaning.com). My concern with something like this is how do you know you got everything out of the gutters??? What about sticks and branches, they aren't going to be sucked out easily with a vacuum also.

tony58
11-22-2010, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE=anotherturfgeek;3798622]for the wet and nasty ones, I use my monster sears shop vac and 25' pool vac hose. works like a charm...only on 1 story homes
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I might try the pool vac hose,that might work.I have a two stage 6 hp Ridgid with maga suction.I have a metal roof ,so there isn't enough money to get me back up there,I tried it once,never again.One good thing about the metal roof is about 90% of the leaves blow off on there own.That means only 10 % remain,plus the valleys.I use a swimming pool extending brush to get them.
Thanks for the idea.


I might be a Mugwump???