PDA

View Full Version : Price for this cleanup by description

dlandscaping
11-20-2010, 08:40 PM
The amount of leaves is the major factor here, and so here goes.
I use a 20hsp leaf vac on 9' mason dump truck with 2 10" boards then 4' plywood on the sides. This house fills the truck twice when the leaves are mostly wet, and 2.5-3 times when they are dry.

The house consists of 2/3 the leaves in the "front yard", at most 25' from street with just trees and a few large rocks as obstacles.
Remainder of leaves in backyard, 40-60' from the street with big opening to bring a tarp in there. The job is get the leaves to where the loader can get them.

It costs ~ $70 a load to dump.

What would be your price?

I think this is a good enough description of the property.

Darryl G
11-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Sounds like you've done it before. How many man hours without travel and dump runs?

mowZ06
11-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Prices will be all over the place on this forum. I could do that job in 2 hours,LOLLLL ONLY JOKING ,,,, Sound familiar Darryl. Post us some pics so we can get this party started !!!! Total guess with out seeying any pics. 350 - 500 ???????????? very hard to guess with out pics.

mowZ06
11-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Probably more now once I read again that you can make 3 dumps at 70 each.

rockycrab
11-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Well start with your expense $210 then add up your total production hours times your hourly rate. 10 hours X $30 = $300. add the 2 numbers together add in any amount for unseen circumstances, and theres your bid. Note: I'm just guessing at your hourly rate and labor hours. LOL

JB1
11-22-2010, 03:04 PM
how about $587.33.

rockycrab
11-22-2010, 03:18 PM
how about $587.33.

LOL. Way to go and nail it down.
Keep up the good work, those welfare peoples are watching tv and smoking crack right now.

americanlawn
11-22-2010, 04:50 PM
It may also depend on how many leaves you can "chop up with a mower" (return the leaves back into the soil). Oak & Sycamore leaves are difficult to chop up, but most other leaves ain't bad. Our mowing crews use a vacuum, a ZTR mower w/bagger, enclosed truck box, blowers & rakes. We charge $40 - $45 per hour plus hauling/dumping. Often times, we can charge just the mowing price X 2.

When a customer asks for an estimate, we try to give an hourly quote over the phone. But sometimes, they want an exact price....... so our most experienced guy takes time off his day to drive out there to visit with the homeowner to determine what the customer expects. This may also involve some pruning, etc. In most cases, the customer is better off just trusting us at a $40 -$45 per hour quote, cuz we're gunna add more for the time & trouble it takes to make a personal visit.

Some folks think a "rake costs five bucks", so they may turn down a $300 quote thinking they can do it themselves (which seldom happens) or they might think they can hire a local teenager to get the job done (good luck with that nowadays). :laugh:

my 2 cents

dlandscaping
11-23-2010, 08:57 PM
I charge around 400 for this. It use to be a connection to a lot of work but that has basically stopped.
I forgot to mention that they are basically all oak, and subsequently there is basically no grass. We don't bring a mower to this site, and usually spend 1 hr the first night and maybe an hour and a half another night (2 man crew). Part of the price is that they dont mind if we do it at night.